Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Online.net Specials available - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Online.net Specials available

Comments

• Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • I hope in an couple of days they'll release some SSD offers

• RolterRolter Member
    edited February 2016

Seriously , i wanted a dual xeon so bad ...need to keep all the E3's now ...

• Until they don't change their support staff ( my experience with support has been extremely bad) .
    Good luck for you guys. Someone pointed me out this offers today in the morning but skipped it .

• damn, one of my server has blacklited IP. :(

• RolterRolter Member
    edited February 2016

@inthecloudblog said:
    Until they don't change their support staff ( my experience with support has been extremely bad) .
    Good luck for you guys. Someone pointed me out this offers today in the morning but skipped it .

The people on night shifts are mostly running hot , i try to either contact them on phone or get Benedict to answer my tickets.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • edited February 2016

@Rolter said:
    The people on night shifts are mostly running hot , i try to either contact them on phone or get Benedict to answer my tickets.

I must have sent like 20 mtr's and they gave a shit .
    Hetzner ( yeah no ecc ) has been quite good and wholesale internet has better support than most I've tried .
    Oh I was about to review every single provider I rent from . Sorry :D

Edit :I ask myself why I always had to deal with like less than 6 guys ( and they own 3 dcs and expanding.. ) even when escalated to thr manager..

• RolterRolter Member
    edited February 2016

Does anyone know what is "RATS Dyna" blacklist , one of the servers i bought has its ip listed in their . It seems to be related to email spam (damn you online.net)

So i just checked 2 of my 08164's and both of them have 2X3TB instead of 2x2TB drives , did anyone else get those ? ....

i dont know if i hate the fact that one my server's ip is in a blacklist (i only use transactional emails though) or love them for giving me bigger drives.

• @Rolter said:
    Does anyone know what is "RATS Dyna" blacklist , one of the servers i bought has its ip listed in their . It seems to be related to email spam (damn you online.net)

So i just checked 2 of my 08164's and both of them have 2X3TB instead of 2x2TB drives , did anyone else get those ? ....

i dont know if i hate the fact that one my server's ip is in a blacklist (i only use transactional emails though) or love them for giving me bigger drives.

Tried googling?
    Just hate them for me ( I also hate them for not working with PayPal )

• @inthecloudblog said:
    Just hate them for me ( I also hate them for not working with PayPal )

Mine working with paypal, but i have so many server from them and use them more than 1 year

• just grabbed another kidechire.

thanks!

Thanked by 2yomero Amitz
  • RolterRolter Member
    edited February 2016

@hostnoob said:
    just grabbed another kidechire.

thanks!

Was kidechire even present in this sale ?

• Fuck. Missed this one.

• __> @vimalware said:

Also... Just curious, anyone got the Ubuntu 14.04 auto-installer working for their E5620.

FWIW, I had a bit of a problem with the Debian Jessie auto-installer as it didn't respect my partition settings. So instead I went to install it directly from a mounted iso via idrac. You could give it a try with Ubuntu.

• I got the 8161 (Intel Xeon L3426), I suggest everyone who ordered to check their RAM, mine was non-ECC memory and after telling support they do acknowledge a mistake was made, but that they wont fix it. They do offer a refund fortunately.

So maybe another 8161 will show up in stock today :)

• @Aleksio said:
    I got the 8161 (Intel Xeon L3426), I suggest everyone who ordered to check their RAM, mine was non-ECC memory and after telling support they do acknowledge a mistake was made, but that they wont fix it. They do offer a refund fortunately.

So maybe another 8161 will show up in stock today :)

Do you believe they will restock these servers?

• @Aleksio said:
    I got the 8161 (Intel Xeon L3426), I suggest everyone who ordered to check their RAM, mine was non-ECC memory and after telling support they do acknowledge a mistake was made, but that they wont fix it. They do offer a refund fortunately.

unlucky you.

# dmidecode --type 16
    # dmidecode 2.12
    SMBIOS 2.6 present.

Handle 0x1000, DMI type 16, 15 bytes
    Physical Memory Array
            Use: System Memory
            Error Correction Type: Multi-bit ECC
            Maximum Capacity: 16 GB
            Error Information Handle: Not Provided
            Number Of Devices: 4

wouldn't care about ECC at this price though.

• I had some other issues too, so I basically just gave up on the server.

Also, dmidecode --type 16 showed the same for me, but when checking the actual DIMMs (dmidecode --type memory), it gave me the part numbers of the DIMMs (in my case M378B5273CH0-CH9) which are actually non-ECC.

• just for the interested, 08161 geekbench: http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench3/5415423

Thanked by 1ehab
  • I wanted one of those so badly. Checked the site every day but was working yesterday until night.

• NateN34NateN34 Member
    edited February 2016

Wonder if there is a way to get them plug the disks directly to the motherboard.

Hate this PERC H200!

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • There was no announcement on Arnaud's Twitter :(

• NomadNomad Member
    edited February 2016

I got an E3 1230v3 on DC3.
    But I'm perplexed after seeing that I can only use 1 failover ip with it.
    Appearently something magic happened. Now I can add more than 1 IP. Thanks @bene ;)

I got a clean ip with my system. "Yay!"
    As for stats, no need for running the same network tests. They're the same afterall.

Over ESXi, smbiosDump shows that I have

Physical Memory Array: #4096
        Use: 0x03 (System memory)
        Slots: 4
        Max. Size: 32 GB
        ECC: 0x05 (Single-bit)
      Memory Device: #4352
        Manufacturer: "HP"
        Part Number: "669239-081"
        Memory Array: #4096
        Form Factor: 0x09 (DIMM)
        Type: 0x18 (Other)
        Type Detail: 0x4080 (Synchronous)
        Data Width: 64 bits (+8 ECC bits)
        Size: 8 GB
        Speed: 1600 MHz
      Memory Device: #4353
      Memory Device: #4354
      Memory Device: #4355

Disks are your regular 7200RPM, 2x2 TB MB2000GCWLT HP SCSI as well along with a working raid battery.

So I guess I got what I paid for but for some reason that doesn't make me feel content or happy at all.

• Which model got the E3 1230v3 ? How much did you pay for it ?

• They should put a limited edition with 2x 160 GB Intel DC S3500 SSD drives, they've got tons of them from old DELL servers.

• Nice, I finally had one. Was working properly until it didn't boot up after a reinstall.
    Support says they can't fix it and there's no spare one. They can only refund me, that's nice but I'd prefer they could fix it.

• Whole specs are here: https://documentation.online.net/en/serveur-dedie/offres/offers - so nothing lost for now, still waiting for some SSD offers ;)

• No I missed it :-( been waiting checking every day would have checked 1 hr before the post was put up. But worked extra today was announced yesterday that the store I work for was closing and all out of jobs. so didn't check this morning.

Oh well I'm registered here now and will setup alerts

• Mine just went poof it seems.