Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vultr best network speed?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Vultr best network speed?

Hello,

What would be the best location for worldwide users?

DCs
  1. Best DC43 votes
    1. Los Angeles
        9.30%
    2. Atlanta
        2.33%
    3. Chicago
        4.65%
    4. Dallas
        6.98%
    5. Miami
        2.33%
    6. New York
      13.95%
    7. Seattle
        2.33%
    8. Silicon Valley
        4.65%
    9. Amsterdam
      13.95%
    10. Frankfurt
        9.30%
    11. London
      23.26%
    12. Paris
        6.98%

Comments

• You aren't going to get a single best worldwide.

East Coast is okay for Europe and America's. But crappy to Japan and China and other Asian countries.

Europe locations are good for Europe and east coast America's if the Europe location is on the coast.

Best bet is LA. Then one in France.

Thanked by 1Gulf
  • nothing is the best

Thanked by 1Gulf
  • I'm very happy with their New Jersey location - I've only had 2 minutes of network downtime in the past 8 months or so with VULTR.

Thanked by 1Gulf
  • Its probably best to look at which sites are multihomed, I am not sure whether all sites are now multihomed but there was a period where people were saying that some sites had a single internet connection.

I would think their primary location is probably best from a reliability and choice of carriers.

Thanked by 3ehab Kris Gulf
  • You could also try asking Vultr support on this, maybe they have a suggestion. They know more about their network than the average person.

Thanked by 1Gulf
  • MarkTurner said: some sites had a single internet connection.

You need to consider your terminology a bit better. Some sites were multihomed, however that doesn't mean they didn't have redundant uplinks with the same carrier.

Thanked by 1Gulf
  • AmitzAmitz Member
    edited February 2016

You need to consider your terminology a bit better. Some sites were claimed to be multihomed, however that just means they have redundant uplinks with the same carrier.

Fixed that. <3

Thanked by 2Jacob Gulf
  • Ok. Thank you for votes.