Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is anyone else having a terrible time with VirtWire at the moment?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is anyone else having a terrible time with VirtWire at the moment?

After the messy rebrand and redirects from the evoBurst site, the VirtWire site has always been flaky for me. I didn't mind too much because I managed to place orders and my VPS is generally fine.

But in the last couple of days I can barely connect to the Virtualizor panel without the browser timing out (https://my.evoburst.com:$$$$), the same goes for the admin area of the website (https://my.virtwire.com).

One of my VPSs is down, but the panel only half loads before timing out so I can't investigate why. And the connection to the virtwire.com site is so bad that I can't even log in to the main site to leave a ticket.

It seems I'm not the only one, but surely this can't just be a DNS issue?
https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/1563038/#Comment_1563038

Maybe it's something to do with this but after waiting 10 minutes for the page I still don't know what it says. Can anyone shed any light?

Comments

• active8active8 Member
    edited February 2016

just fired up my test VPS from VirtWire, no problems here (atlanta)
    Also admin area loads ok

• Another first post trashing provider user. Have you tried contacting them? Have you tried the old billing portal?

• It seems that everything was just down for the few hours I'd set aside to do some work this evening. Never mind...

@active8 said:
    just fired up my test VPS from VirtWire, no problems here (atlanta)
    Also admin area loads ok

Thanks for checking, at least it's not across the board. (I'm in the UK and my VPS are in different locations in the US.)

@TheOnlyDK said:
    Another first post trashing provider user. Have you tried contacting them? Have you tried the old billing portal?

I would love to have contacted them, but all emails are sent from a noreply@, their Twitter account is no more and I could not access the website to open a ticket (or the old portal). So I searched the forum of a niche community to see if anyone else was experiencing the same and found a hint that I wasn't the only one.

This is why I was asking if anyone had any suggestions. I'm not trashing the service, I have zero interest in influencing other people's buying decisions. I use multiple providers and have no axe to grind.

I just had a temporary (thankfully) issue and am looking for a way to resolve it. If you were in the same position what would you have done?

• @shrimp said:
    I just had a temporary (thankfully) issue and am looking for a way to resolve it. If you were in the same position what would you have done?

Do my homework rather than asking others. You could of provided a MTR result, used third part uptime checking site like isup.me or use a VPN to see that solves the issue, rather than going to a forum and post something like they are down, I'm done.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited February 2016

Yeah well my NAT is unreachable since days and additionally i am waiting for a vps to be Provisioned since nearly 3 days now. My payment has been accepted already... I did open a ticket regarding both issues. As the NAT comes without support and me not being able to reinstall the NAT via CP seems to be a non-support thing (ticket closed), and the vps Provisioning doesnt seem to be of high importance either the good first Impression is being tarnished.

• I ordered 2 VPS from them, and never had any one working properly.

:~$ ioping -RL .

--- . (ext4 /dev/ploop54134p1) ioping statistics ---
    83 requests completed in 3.03 s, 27 iops, 6.86 MiB/s
    min/avg/max/mdev = 1.31 ms / 36.5 ms / 159.9 ms / 29.7 ms

:~$ ioping -R . 

100 requests completed in 3.01 s, 33 iops, 133.0 KiB/s
    min/avg/max/mdev = 169 us / 30.1 ms / 96.1 ms / 25.0 ms

up 43 days, 21:16

Didn't touch the server since I bought it 1 year ago, simply too slow and their techs claimed nothing can be done to improve it. A complete waste of $20.

• @msg7086 - Seeing as you are accessing a service which, you are not supposed to, I will take this as fair game, And putting words into my mouth doesn't go very well.

root@yi[redacted]pot:/# ioping -RL .

2.1 k requests completed in 3.0 s, 702 iops, 175.7 MiB/s
    min/avg/max/mdev = 614 us / 1.4 ms / 93.1 ms / 2.2 ms
    root@yi[redacted]pot:/# 

@Ympker it's not my problem if you do not want to utilize the only way of support for NAT VPS' I am fully within my rights to close tickets for that. As, that is what is agreed between yourself and myself on your order.
    As for the new VPS, if i'm doing migrations, provisioning is the least of my worries.
    You've been refunded.

• @AutoSnipe said:
    msg7086 - Seeing as you are accessing a service which, you are not supposed to, I will take this as fair game, And putting words into my mouth doesn't go very well.

Thanks for reminding me. I know it's expiring soon but didn't check the exact date. I was randomly picking them from my connection manager and when it connected successfully I typed the command to get the result. I hope you don't mind I use it couple times in a whole calendar year just to measure the I/O speed without doing anything else, for the money I paid for.

Each time I access the service the only thing I can do is to wait for about 10 seconds for the shell prompt to be ready, check the I/O speed, shake my head then disconnect from it. Apologize if I'm expecting too much.

• @AutoSnipe said:
    msg7086 - Seeing as you are accessing a service which, you are not supposed to, I will take this as fair game, And putting words into my mouth doesn't go very well.

> root@yi[redacted]pot:/# ioping -RL .
    > 
    > --- . (ext4 /dev/ploop54134p1) ioping statistics ---
    > 2.1 k requests completed in 3.0 s, 702 iops, 175.7 MiB/s
    > min/avg/max/mdev = 614 us / 1.4 ms / 93.1 ms / 2.2 ms
    > root@yi[redacted]pot:/# 
    > 

Ympker it's not my problem if you do not want to utilize the only way of support for NAT VPS' I am fully within my rights to close tickets for that. As, that is what is agreed between yourself and myself on your order.
    As for the new VPS, if i'm doing migrations, provisioning is the least of my worries.
    You've been refunded.

Thank you.

• @AutoSnipe are we having some trouble by now? I can't access the panel for my evoburst services...

• other than some spasmodic attacks against the billing panel, all other servers (including the panels) are perfectly fine.