Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ChicagoVPS has lost their mind(s) - Page 8
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ChicagoVPS has lost their mind(s)

Comments

• Quality is much more than synthetic benchmarks, they dont consider support, uptime, network stability, traffic included, many small things that make the difference.

If benchmarks were enough, nobody would need leb/let/wht, they would just go to serverbear and see the numbers, grab a coupon and pick the plan.

Very good post and input @Maounique.

I agree the benchies aren't telling the whole story. I see benchies that look good from providers I wouldn't send someone I didn't like to.

What the benchies do show like in CVPS example sadly is a provider really can have a range of crazy performance and still end up with abysmal IO ping times indicating a cross all tested node clog/high disk use.

We certainly need more monitoring points, uptime, ticket response times, etc. to make better purchase decisions. I like what @KuJoe does about posting recent ticket response times. Think that is a good metric and helpful when problems and considering sending a ticket in.

Lots to be done in the industry for the next move forward.

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

@Pubcrawler

Straight from WHMCS report:

This report retrieves data about your average support time.
    Your average response time is: 0 Day(s) 0 Hour(s) 29 Minute(s) and 18 Second(s)
    You currently have 80738 unanswered tickets, with 80730 of them closed.

I would say pretty impressive to me, or is this bad too?

@Jack said: that sounds pretty bad and that you just close tickets?

Jack,

every ticket we close is fully answered. After the problem is fixed, the client could say something like thank you so much! and yes we will close it. No need to waste more time on something already fixed.

• I'd like to say here that I'm fully pleased with my VPS on CVPS. Running 2 gameservers succesfully and zero downtime so far. Nice job @cvps_chris !

• GunterGunter Member
    edited February 2013

When will this offer end?
    Hoping to get it on Tuesday for some nonprofit work and Minecraft.

• The 3GB Offer was deleted?

• Oh yeah the 3GB offer fizzled.

I went to see if it was still available that day and it was "out of stock".

Some point following that, the admins here I think noticed that CVPS had posted an offer within the waiting period (14 days is it?).

So down it came.

It was only offered for the day, birthdays only last one day ;-)

• RobertClarkeRobertClarke Member, Host Rep

@Nick_A Merely a joke, I know you were not bashing Incero.

• "birthdays only last one day ;-)"

LET has a global audience so to be fair to everyone birthday specials should start at 12:00 AM LINT (Samoa time) and end at 11:59 PM NUT (American Samoa time). :P :-)

• lol

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

So, who is offering 3 gb at leb prices still ?
    I know we started it, but was without SSD, maybe there is someone with a 3 GB and SSD at 7 $ a month ?

• @Maounique said: So, who is offering 3 gb at leb prices still ?

I know we started it, but was without SSD, maybe there is someone with a 3 GB and SSD at 7 $ a month ?

Not SSD, but we still are.

http://www.lowendbox.com/blog/stormvz-6-94month-3072mb-openvz-vps-in-chicago-buffalo-maidenhead/

@Patrick said: Not SSD, but we still are.

http://www.lowendbox.com/blog/stormvz-6-94month-3072mb-openvz-vps-in-chicago-buffalo-maidenhead/

So the hacker that took me offline, maybe they can get you too now for posting in someone else thread ;-)

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited February 2013

@CVPS_Chris said: maybe they can get you too now for posting in someone else thread

Putting beside how dumb and immature this statement is, it's not like this would be your thread. Even less your sales thread. You would make better impression with being quiet sometimes.

• @Spirit said: Putting beside how dumb and immature this statement is, it's not like this would be your thread. Even less your sales thread. You would make better impression with being quiet sometimes.

Arguing with @CVPS_Chris?
    scoff
    How original.

• @CVPS_Chris said: So the hacker that took me offline, maybe they can get you too now for posting in someone else thread ;-)

It's not your thread either, last time I checked OP is pubcrawler.

• @Spirit said: You would make better impression with being quiet sometimes.

^

Ah more sales coming in, let the troll continue... thanks for contributing!

• @CVPS_Chris said: Ah more sales coming in, let the troll continue... thanks for contributing!

• I find it hilarious that anyone that CVPS doesn't like receives ugly DDoS attacks.

BuyVM got DDoS'd during the Vegas move, when folks knew they were busy and on the road. CVPS was busy posturing in the background to ensnare BuyVM further via Colocrossing and pushing to convert to them in California instead of independent move to Vegas. Then Chris comes on here afterwards and tried to encourage BuyVM customer insurrection. Really classy. Quite telling to anyone paying attention.

@Patrick posts a 3GB plan and gets DDoS'd. Chris right after the offer posting blew a gasket and spouted off, ad spammed, posted his own ad, then cut tail and stopped the promo since he can't oversell to that degree.

I bet there is a large collection of other providers over the years who have crossed with CVPS who have seen this same DDoS competitive mess tactic.

I know, it is all unrelated. No relationship whatsoever.

As for sales incoming to CVPS, good, let them. Customer churn and turn has to be high.

• It would be unfair not question the other 3GB offer companies UGVPS and Prometeus.

Wonder if they received a healthy serving of DDoS when they offered their specials?

• @pubcrawler said: I find it hilarious that anyone that CVPS doesn't like receives ugly DDoS attacks.

CVPS also got what they deserved. They didn't have proper security set up, got hacked and had nodes wiped.

• @pubcrawler said: It would be unfair not question the other 3GB offer companies UGVPS and Prometeus.

Wonder if they received a healthy serving of DDoS when they offered their specials?

We're still getting attacked everyday at our billing panel, shame it doesn't go down anymore...

• Glad to hear that @Patrick!

DDoS chaos is getting tired.

• @pubcrawler said: DDoS chaos is getting tired.

This. You'd think that with the amount of traffic being wasted to DDoS, that my own transit could be cheaper.... surprising that ISPs don't care/don't notice.

@pubcrawler said: Wonder if they received a healthy serving of DDoS when they offered their specials?

We are lucky the competition in Italy is not so fierce, I guess...

@Zen said: Surely owning your own network helps?

I dont see how this will stop the bad packets coming ? BuyVM has own network too, AS, BGP, and not only them, many others.

• @Maounique said: I dont see how this will stop the bad packets coming ? BuyVM has own network too, AS, BGP, and not only them, many others.

Well, you have full control, can mitigate some attacks on higher layer or nullroute fast. While others can only wait and hope network guy will chime in and sort their mess out.

This discussion has been closed.