Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ChicagoVPS has lost their mind(s) - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ChicagoVPS has lost their mind(s)

Comments

• Colo@ is actually in QuadraNet's facility as well ;) Really can't get much better than QuadraNet in my opinion, they are a very large provider in the Los Angeles market and a lot of colocation/dedicated server providers use them as well.

WebNX used to be in the LA Telecom building at 530 W 6th St. as well however they are now in 800 S Hope St., but IMO their network does not come close to QuadraNet.

• @jcaleb everybody is in Quadranet, but
    Bluvm with Colo
    CrownCloud with Gorilla
    NodeDeply with Webnx, that's about it...

• @pubcrawler said: Quadranet just is awful for latency back to the east coast. Now this is with their default network supposedly.

its good for us Asians

• @LAKid said: @jcaleb everybody is in Quadranet, but

Bluvm with Colo
    CrownCloud with Gorilla

thanks

• pubcrawlerpubcrawler Banned
    edited January 2013

No doubt @jcaleb.

Someone have a Quadranet IP I can test current latency on?

(things do change so I like to keep current before yelling boldly)

• laaevlaaev Member
    edited January 2013

@LAKid said: Bluvm with Colo

Colo@ is with QuadraNet

@LAKid said: CrownCloud with Gorilla

GorillaServers is in WebNX's facility however operate their own network, and run cheap bandwidth (HE & Cogent).

• concerto49concerto49 Member
    edited January 2013

@pubcrawler said: Someone have a Quadranet IP I can test current latency on?

@LAKid said: CrownCloud with Gorilla

Gorilla colo @ WebNX.

Cloud Shards storage VPS is @ WebNX also.

@CVPS_Kevin said: Colo@ is with QuadraNet

Colo@ also have their own network/bandwidth providers.

• @pubcrawler 69.85.86.35

• @jcaleb said: its good for us Asians

It is, I would say the large majority of our customers in Los Angeles are from Asia and all of them have been very pleased with the network connectivity to/from Asia, they recently added PCCW as well.

• Server Savior is in OC3, whatever that is.

• @LAKid said: Server Savior is in OC3, whatever that is.

OC3 Networks & Web Solutions, LLC is Quadranet :p

http://bgp.he.net/AS29761

• @CVPS_Kevin said: It is, I would say the large majority of our customers in Los Angeles are from Asia and all of them have been very pleased with the network connectivity to/from Asia, they recently added PCCW as well.

Me too, very pleased

• LAKidLAKid Member
    edited January 2013

everybody is in Quadranet...:)

• Well, have one of the $30/yr 2GB offers, running some computing and/or idling, see no issue so far.

• GorillaServers is in WebNX's facility however operate their own network, and run cheap bandwidth (HE & Cogent).

Yeah, well call it ironic but doesn't the route from Quadranet to Colocrossing's Buffalo location go over Cogent? I see that from Colocrossing Buffalo to Quadranet via another provider in Buffalo... Ho hum...

Corexchange to Quadranet goes over Cogent.

Lenoir (Dacentec) goes over Cogent to Quadranet.

Cogent is one of the upstreams at Quadranet and I find nothing wrong with it.

42% of Quadranet upstream looks to be WVFiber and PCCW. Never been extremely impressed by those.

http://bgp.he.net/AS29761

• I believe you may have misinterpreted my words. Where did I say there was something wrong with Cogent? I was only saying that GorillaServers simply only has 2 bandwidth providers at this time (which are rather budget), HE & Cogent. They used to be single-homed as well until recently.

• Gorilla used to have HE only, a month ago, they added Cogent, I believe.

• It's all good @CVPS_Kevin. Just an observation.

HE + Cogent pairing is rather popular and works well. Considering what I see at Quadranet, might be an improvement for us US east coast backhauler types.

• laaevlaaev Member
    edited January 2013

@pubcrawler said: HE + Cogent pairing is rather popular and works well. Considering what I see at Quadranet, might be an improvement for us US east coast backhauler types.

Excellent, however I'm sure the majority of people here who want a Los Angeles VPS want to serve the Asia market one way or the other and QuadraNet offers excellent connectivity for that. Those looking for to serve the east coast should be looking for an VPS located in the east coast for optimal latency. ChicagoVPS covers all 3 markets with Los Angeles, Chicago, and Buffalo =) new location coming soon as well!

• ChicagoVPS expanding to Dallas... Overdue for European location too.. Shhh.

Quadranet providing good to Asia? Yeah I see the times, they are unimpressive to me. Sea cables and distance are enemies of the data state.

Unsure if we just have offers out there that are non English in Asia or what. Know there are offers and companies in Asia with much better latency. Certainly not CVPS pricing, but certainly not the crazy costs we see as deterrents to entering those markets either.

• @pubcrawler said: ChicagoVPS expanding to Dallas... Overdue for European location too.. Shhh.

Nice guess, but not quite! Thanks for the interest though, we should be announcing the new location within the next couple weeks.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@pubcrawler said: Certainly not CVPS pricing, but certainly not the crazy costs we see as deterrents to entering those markets either.

If you worry about latency and your business depends on it, you will make an effort and get a 50 $ very decent VPS in a neighbouring country if not in your own.
    LEBs are for testing, toys, development, etc, if your business depends on it you take a very close one with a company where you can visit if there is a need, deals in your own currency and doesnt give your accountant headaches.
    If that means 50 $ more, fine, no more language barriers, no more latency problems even for local customers with 1 mbps, local peering and all, cheap BW, problem solved.

• @pubcrawler said: Cogent is one of the upstreams at Quadranet and I find nothing wrong with it.

Quadranet does not have connectivity with Cogent, they go through bboi to get to Cogent

• Latency should matter to everyone.

I think @Serverbear should amend his scripts to test routes, providers, ping times, etc. Will further divide and isolate suitable providers for some discerning buyers.

Agree though @Maounique. We deal in all sorts of different packages (VPS, dedicated and colo). Stitching solutions from the pool is the magic and dealing with spot issues is the time waster. As we know no one provider is good for everyone and that applies when you have 5 or 50 providers and 500 or 5 million users.

@CVPS_Kevin, glad to have you as part of CVPS. Really is an improvement

• @miTgiB, see that about Bboi/WVFiber handoff to Cogent...

Have to say, something has change at Quadranet in the past 2-3 months. Pretty good improvements on the latency. Buffalo to Quadranet still running 90ms. Other locations are more of what I'd expect though.

• help!! I'm also losing my mind for 2GB @ $30 :P

• @CVPS_Kevin said: Nice guess, but not quite!

Atlanta, then?

• I was thinking Atlanta for them, but I doubt it. Buffalo is fine for East Coast. Big gap is that mid bottom side of the US and perhaps the Southeast. But I see 32-34ms to Buffalo from Atlanta and North Carolina. Both are more than acceptable and lower side of latency.

Then again, I think Atlanta could use more providers :)

@Pats, a fool and his money are easily separated. Don't be that foolish. I recommend trying any provider for a few months before doing an annual commit.

• ihatetonyyihatetonyy Member
    edited January 2013

@pubcrawler said: I was thinking Atlanta for them, but I doubt it.

Looking at the ColoCrossing locations it seems like the only logical place unless they want Seattle. They're already in Chicago and LA; if they're not going to Dallas, the only other locations left are SJ (maybe?) or NY proper.

SJ probably isn't it unless they want to fill the Bay Area-shaped void that BuyVM have left in our hearts and NY more than likely isn't it because it's probably expensive as all hell.

Unless they break from tradition and decided to colo with someone other than CC?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@ihatetonyy said: SJ probably isn't it unless they want to fill the Bay Area-shaped void that BuyVM have left in our hearts and NY more than likely isn't it because it's probably expensive as all hell.

Jon has been very verbal about his dislike for coresite so it'd be pretty surprising if they did open up another rack there :)

The racks we let go of were filled with their new tenant within 24 hours though so they'd likely have to wait/hope for something to open up. CC has their equipment in 1090 which is sold out. They'd have to pay for a cross to 1460 to grow anymore over there.

Francisco

This discussion has been closed.