Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best provider near Perth, Australia?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best provider near Perth, Australia?

I have been trying to find a cheap VPS, however they all seem to be in either Sydney, Adelaide or, Melbourne. Are there any budget providers in the west coast? Would like to stay under $7 AUD a month.

Comments

• Cheap and Australia don't go well. You probably won't find anything for $7.

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider
    edited February 2016

RansomIT @Oliver in Adelaide are probably going to be the closest within that price range.

• @heyitsme said:
    I have been trying to find a cheap VPS, however they all seem to be in either Sydney, Adelaide or, Melbourne.

Not much over in Perth, maybe have a quick look at WHT-AU to see if any offers?

Also Singapore is the same latency from Perth as Sydney, maybe something there should suit you?

• SG is the best bet if decide to go with SG then go with @dediserve (they have a good promo)

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • RansomIT have something close to $7 a month and have servers in Adelaide. I've been with them for years with no problems.

• OliverOliver Member, Host Rep

Thanks for the recommendations.

simonindia said: SG is the best bet

Except that for the last few years there has consistently been at least a week of downtime every year or more on the only cable between Perth and Singapore, during which time traffic from Perth to SG goes all the way around Australia and or via the US to get to Singapore. :-)

• @heyitsme said:
    I have been trying to find a cheap VPS, however they all seem to be in either Sydney, Adelaide or, Melbourne. Are there any budget providers in the west coast? Would like to stay under $7 AUD a month.

We're running a few promos right now, that include our Sydney, AU clouds :) https://dediserve.com

• @dediserve said:
    We're running a few promos right now, that include our Sydney

Recommend +1 :)

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • @Oliver said:
    Except that for the last few years there has consistently been at least a week of downtime every year or more on the only cable between Perth and Singapore

True, and more like a month of downtime.