Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do NOT rely on OVH automatic renewal - Infact, don't use them for anything production
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Do NOT rely on OVH automatic renewal - Infact, don't use them for anything production

It does not work and you will loose your server. Waste of time, will never trust them again.

Even switching to manual renewal does not work if you have selected automatic in the past...

GRR

Thanked by 2MacPac zafouhar

Comments

• And 120 second delivery time is bullshit, more like a few days.

• I imagine there's warning emails, etc?

• @Jacob said:
    I imagine there's warning emails, etc?

Not if you have automatic renewal, nothing. It could be a bug as another server has automatically renewed, but support don't want anything to do with it...

• I agree. Never use OVH for critical services.

• Does this have anything to do with the email you have just sent to your customers at OVH CA? What happened?

• That's generally the case with OVH.

Who's going to be the lucky provider then?

@linuxthefish said:
    Not if you have automatic renewal, nothing. It could be a bug as another server has automatically renewed, but support don't want anything to do with it...

• @linuxthefish said:
    It does not work and you will loose your server. Waste of time, will never trust them again.

Even switching to manual renewal does not work if you have selected automatic in the past...

GRR

No issues with OVH auto-renewals for me whether it be their Dedicated servers, VPS and Public Cloud services. This also applies to the Kimsufi line of dedicated servers.

• My service just auto-renewed for the year? I guess that it's just you.

• No issues with me too. Just guessing, but perhaps it's something to do with your browser or firewall preventing some kind of ajax request to save those settings on ovh.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@linuxthefish said:
    And 120 second delivery time is bullshit, more like a few days.

I've had servers that said 10 day wait delivered in 3 minutes, you're just one unlucky fish

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited February 2016

Interesting. For another experience, always had fast delivery (except early order for new dedi line), and anytime I've forgotten to renew I just logged in and paid and had my server back up in minutes.

Never tried any auto renewal, wasn't aware it was an option.

• Is this like the WHMCS cancellation bug that can immediately terminate people?

• Used them since 2008 and never had a problem. I've got 5 dedis with them atm, though I do pay manually.

• jarland said: Never tried any auto renewal, wasn't aware it was an option.

I think you have to click on "I'm Feeling Lucky".

• WeblogicsWeblogics Member
    edited February 2016

@jarland said:
    Interesting. For another experience, always had fast delivery (except early order for new dedi line), and anytime I've forgotten to renew I just logged in and paid and had my server back up in minutes.

Never tried any auto renewal, wasn't aware it was an option.

Add a method of payment then choose which type:

Edit...
    Cannot get the imgur link to display the image.
    Direct link:
    http://imgur.com/EIC7pBB

• Yea fish, never use OVH for Hosting maybe as a seedbox.

• century1stopcentury1stop Member
    edited February 2016

doesn't auto renewal (not aware it exists) come with invoice payment confirmation?

• Nothing is really bulletproof and the same could be said about any provider, so it's kinda your job to make sure that everything is going as planned and not rely on a third party and even then shit can happen. The title should be changed to something like: I got overconfident with a untested service and i failed.

• BlazingServersBlazingServers Member, Host Rep

Yeah I agree they NEVER manage to deliver in 120 seconds. In my case, it took whole 221.36 seconds.

• This is why i always use manual renew.

• @BlazingServers said:
    Yeah I agree they NEVER manage to deliver in 120 seconds. In my case, it took whole 221.36 seconds.

OVH is known to oversell their servers every now and then.

• Tion said: OVH is known to oversell their servers every now and then.

Or more likely when they get 100 orders for new servers in 3 seconds their ordering system can't decide that it's out of stock fast enough.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • @century1stop said:
    doesn't auto renewal (not aware it exists) come with invoice payment confirmation?

Yes.

• and as far as my exerience with them tells me, even if the service won't be renewed automatically, it does not disappear suddenly but stays available to be renewed for quite some time...

• thanks, should have known, subscription :)

@IThinkUFailed said:
    Yes.

• @Falzo said:
    and as far as my exerience with them tells me, even if the service won't be renewed automatically, it does not disappear suddenly but stays available to be renewed for quite some time...

Honestly, I think OVH allow it to stay active for a few days after.

@century1stop said:
    thanks, should have known, subscription :)

Just for confirmation - this came in as well on the same day. (I've edited it to remove my details ;) )

• yea, they're normally rather quick to validate payment and even tells you request for due date extension is possible.

• @century1stop said:
    yea, they're normally rather quick to validate payment and even tells you request for due date extension is possible.

I've not had a slow validation on payment.

My invoice was actually delivered after my server was delivered haha and it was less than 2 mins...

I'm just certain that the issue of the OP is due to not correctly setting it up. Otherwise i'm sure OVH would of apologized and sorted his issue out. I've had no need to urgently contact support so far as it's all pretty solid.

• hey, no fair, they don't ever give me server w/o first paying :P

IThinkUFailed said: My invoice was actually delivered after my server was delivered haha and it was less than 2 mins...

from experience, they always sort out issues :)

Thanked by 1IThinkUFailed