Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Default WHMCS Client Area vs. Custom ShoveHost Client Area
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Default WHMCS Client Area vs. Custom ShoveHost Client Area

shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep
edited January 2013 in General

Just thought I'd get some community feedback about my three-hour job to make WHMCS client area look less ugly :)
Do you think it's missing anything or there is something I should majorly re-do?
Thank you!
quikimg

Comments

• I kinda like the default WHMCS better.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2013

@curtisg interesting, I would love to know exactly why, then I can improve it :)

• 3 hours to do that? :x

Well, it was in the middle of eating, transferring a hosting customer, and being on the phone with Hivelocity over a server issue. So... yeah :)

• @shovenose
    A new logo would make that look much nicer (: hehe

• I was also very proud with out modifications of the whmcs client area template. Until they released the next version and so i had to reimplement all the changes on the new version. And then another version came out... it becomes a pain in the ass to maintain too many changes.

Grrr...
    Possible to get any real feedback about my client area? Not time, logos, or anything else?

@rds100: totally feel your pain, last WHMCS customization I did on major scale was on v4 and I got majorly pissed off when v5 changed it all. But... They're only at 5.1.3 so I can't see drastic change in the near future.

• @shovenose
    Just upload the new logo and test it out? (;

No, all my stuff has the old logo on it, can't change it now :(

• @shovenose
    Sounds like you've done it wrong then if that's the case.. Should just be a simple file upload, for billing that is.

That's not what I meant,
    Yes, I can simply re upload the logo to two places, but really I'm on the fence and I am looking for some feedback on the usability and design of my WHMCS client area.
    Thank you.

• @shovenose I like how it looks, but I think you could have grouped the buttons so that they don't take up that much space (and get rid of redundant titles, like New Ticket - Submit Ticket. Like for example:
    Account Details: View and Modify + Affiliate Program, since those pages are directly related to your account details.

Of course, this is just my opinion ;)

@Bogdacutuu thanks for the opinion, I appreciate it :)
    I am going to make the whole thing a button rather than just the little blue part, which will eliminate the redundant stuff. I'm also going to separate My Services into My Hosting, My Servers, and My SSLs. Also gonna make a logout box :)

• gubbytegubbyte Member
    edited January 2013

Nightly

You deserve a clap for managing your business on an unstable browser made for testing only.

• BetterVPS server nodes feature RAID10, premium bandwidth, and a 99.99& uptime SLA.

shovehost.com/vps.php

edited January 2013

@kamalnasser: what's the problem?
    BetterVPS and ShoveHost VPS are two different products. They even have different domains!

• @shovenose he's probably referring to the &

Oh....
    Thank you I'll fix that right now!

• I think it looks good. Its clean, easy to follow from a clients perspective, and gets away from the stock WHMCS look. Good Job.

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2013

@shovenose

Awesome + gj :)

• I think more people should change the default style of WHMCS. It does look a lot better, i would look into changing the wording of some of the buttons, e.g. "open ticket" rather than "submit ticket".

• I think the default WHMCS client area is counter intuitive. I think nice big clearly labelled buttons are the way forward

@ShardHost: WHM and WHMCS will be similar if WHMCS goes in that direction too.

• It's very nice.

• Yeah, this actually looks good.

• DavidxDavidx Member
    edited January 2013

I like the textured background, the bar being moved & the buttons. I think your logo looks fine..

edit;; I like the edge too.

@Ishag @NateN34 @David_P thanks, I've worked hard on this, and more improvements are to come. If you're not a ShoveHost customer so you don't have access to the client area, tonight after some more work on it, I'll post another screenshot :)

• @shovenose
    A or B?

Let the community be the judge :)