Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to configure OpenVPN for iOS? Help!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How to configure OpenVPN for iOS? Help!

sonicsonic Veteran
edited January 2013 in Help

Hi,
As we know, OpenVPN app was released for iOS. Can anyone write tut or give me link to tut which can help me setup it right?

I have VPS and iPhone 5. I want to setup vpn on vps and configure it work with OpenVPN app on iOS so i can access some sites/services like Facebook, Twitter,..which were blocked in by gov my country. Many tks!!!

Comments

• you may refer to www.openvpn.net, there are complete setup guide..

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I would strongly advise getting a BuyVM box and using their awesome template :)

• I'm gonna ask a question, I have no idea if it's a stupid one but i'm gonna ask anyway - Is there any reason why you don't setup PPTP on the VPS and use the built in stuff in iOS to browse the net through your VPS?

As long as your VPS supports TUN/TAP and PPP it should be really easy to do.

• @sonic said: access some sites/services like Facebook, Twitter,..which were blocked in by gov my country

isn't this
    illegal

• @DeanClinton said: As long as your VPS supports TUN/TAP and PPP it should be really easy to do.

That's very true but PPTP can be blocked easily by firewalls, unlike OpenVPN which can tunnel through literally any port with either TDP or UDP

• @Chan - I hadn't thought of that. I'm using it to watch US Netflix in the UK so haven't had to think about things like that..

• @DeanClinton PPTP VPN often also means messing around with things like MTU, OpenVPN 'just works'.

• Ramhost has a easy to follow guide @ https://forum.ramhost.us/bbs/viewtopic.php?id=4

Looks good if you add ipv4 forwarding sysctl.