Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[WTB] hardware in Europe
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[WTB] hardware in Europe

looking to buy any Xeon model as long its not that old.
Don't need any disk with it . If it has you can keep it as I don't need it. It must have or atleast idrac/ipmi or any KVM .

also, it will be shipped to RU .

anything under <$400/server budget.
post/pm for offers.

Comments

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

You need a whole server or just CPU + Motherboard?

Got some Xeon E3s and Supermicro boards. If you need RAM, got some of that too.

• CasterCaster Member
    edited February 2016

@randvegeta said:
    You need a whole server or just CPU + Motherboard?

Got some Xeon E3s and Supermicro boards. If you need RAM, got some of that too

need whole with chassis and PSU and etc.
    but without HDD as I have good amount stocked up.

Ahh then ur basically limited to old machines.

• @randvegeta said:
    Ahh then ur basically limited to old machines.

open to anything. chassis won't cost me much if the deals are right I will go for it.

I already got several Xeon X5650 shipped from HK and they are doing great and I got them in a steal deal.

The Xeon X5650 is fairly old. You can pick them up in China for cheap.

An X3430 loaded with 32GB RAM for example (no chassis) will go for less than US$100.

Probably the X5650 I imagine won't cost much more.

A Dual L5520 setup, also with 32GB + RAM would only be around $200.

A decent 2U chassis is also only about US$50 (brand new). You can get seriously cheap power supplies to match but a decent 80Plus one (new) can be purchased also for about US$50.

So from HK, any of the above could be from US$200 - $300, for a full system apart from the HDDs and shipping. But you mentioned Europe, so I didn't bring up HK HW prices.

• @randvegeta said:
    The Xeon X5650 is fairly old. You can pick them up in China for cheap.

An X3430 loaded with 32GB RAM for example (no chassis) will go for less than US$100.

Probably the X5650 I imagine won't cost much more.

A Dual L5520 setup, also with 32GB + RAM would only be around $200.

A decent 2U chassis is also only about US$50 (brand new). You can get seriously cheap power supplies to match but a decent 80Plus one (new) can be purchased also for about US$50.

So from HK, any of the above could be from US$200 - $300, for a full system apart from the HDDs and shipping. But you mentioned Europe, so I didn't bring up HK HW prices.

yep as I mentioned HK is fairly cheap.
    but the sellers I usually buy are out of stock mostly and mostly have L5420 which I don't need anytime soon.

Caster said: yep as I mentioned HK is fairly cheap. but the sellers I usually buy are out of stock mostly and mostly have L5420 which I don't need anytime soon.

My company is based out of HK. My suppliers in China have massive stock (500+ units). I don't buy them since the cost of electricity (and cooling) is high in HK and it's not economical for us, but if you can afford the time and cost of shipping, I can hook you up.

• @randvegeta said:

@randvegeta said:

surely pm me with your company website ;)

I have got some good suppliers of ram and HDD which gives me wholesale rates already and

@deployvm thanks for hooking me up with that website :P

• The cheapest in EU can be purchased at http://leader112.com/c1-83/servers
    Not sure about shipping in RU.

• @MisterHost_NET

thanks will check them out.
    I just found out shipping from Germany is wayyy less.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Make sure to count that there would be some charges for exporting out of the EU.

• @AlexBarakov said:
    Make sure to count that there would be some charges for exporting out of the EU.

hmm didn't knew of this ?

I am not 100% sure, but do check these things prior exporting, to make sure there are no surprises at customs.

• AlexBarakov said: Make sure to count that there would be some charges for exporting out of the EU.

true , at least vat of russia you will need to pay . all what have +50$ valor need to pay custom charges

• deployvmdeployvm Member, Host Rep

cociu said: at least vat of russia you will need to pay

In Russia, some technological equipment (for the use of manufacturing) may be exempt from VAT. Although, I am not particular clear on that.

If you purchase equipment internationally that is valued over 1000EUR and shipped to Russia, then you will need to pay a large duty fee. 30% of the value, and +250 rubles.

You should refer to https://shopotam.ru/help/tamozhennoe-oformlenie/

• deployvm said: n Russia, some technological equipment (for the use of manufacturing) may be exempt from VAT. Although, I am not particular clear on that.

here is the same (in rumania) but you are except of some TAX but not from the VAT .

• well no worries I shipped last time too, vat in Russia not that big. the seller marked the price as low (fair low) and I had to pay 2k rub as custom duty only which is OK.

I have some dual L5630's for sale, that might fit your price in that case. Shipping not included.

• cociucociu Member
    edited February 2016

AlexBarakov said: I have some dual L5630's for sale, that might fit your price in that case. Shipping not included.

tha same here , lol , but i will not ship to Ru

• CasterCaster Member
    edited February 2016

@cociu said:

for legal reason like vat and etc or just racism ? :P

• cociucociu Member
    edited February 2016

Caster said: for legal reason like vat and etc or just racism ? :P

lol definetly i am not a racism guy , i have live in 2 country more of 10 years , i prefere not complicate my live. And for legal , i am legal . Sorry dont take this personally i have visit many time russia and is a beautiful country. Just try to avoid complications , my live is yet complicated. Also the shipping cost is not cheap (is out of UE)

• @cociu said:

haha happens :) no worries.