Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lost VPS in CheapDomainNames
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Lost VPS in CheapDomainNames

6 months ago I got a VPS from CheapDomainNames for 10$, it was a one year plan with 256mb of ram, nice plan for storing backups from my database.

Its been a week now that my server is simply gone, no traces from it and the support team wont answer me at all.

Dont think they gonna answer me or even solve my problem but, for 10bucks what can you do right ?

Comments

• The exact same thing happen to me, last year. The guy's probably doing this on purpose. I'd encourage you to chargeback, if possible, because if people don't then it becomes a viable way for the likes of this 'company' to make money.

Thanked by 2foreverman RBH
  • @ricardo said:
    The exact same thing happen to me, last year. The guy's probably doing this on purpose. I'd encourage you to chargeback, if possible, because if people don't then it becomes a viable way for the likes of this 'company' to make money.

theres nothing I can do, chargeback is not an option right now because its over 4 months already, hope more ppl see this post then.

• forevermanforeverman Member
    edited February 2016

I openned one ticket and he just closed without saying a thing, so I openned up 508 more tickets, lets see how it goes lol

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited February 2016

Yeah, I somewhat remember a similar pattern, an associate who'd signed up with them said the same. He promotes ~> 6 months later the containers disappear ~> radio silence ~> repeat.

He's on here as a member somewhere and I challenged him on it. Some folks have no backbone and are fine with that.

Thanked by 1foreverman
  • dailydaily Member
    edited February 2016

This would be @cupid I believe. He's active so he should see this.

• foreverman said: so I openned up 508 more tickets

wot

• https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/54153/cheapdomainnamesdot-com-openvz-linux-ddos-protected-from-2-90-mo-usa-canada

Not only did my VPS disappear, but my WHMCS account with them too. Probably no coincidence that your scope for charging back disappears after 6 months.

• Bumping this one more time. @cupid we know you come here. Give these people an answer. @jarland

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@dailymc said:
    Bumping this one more time. cupid we know you come here. Give these people an answer. jarland

If anyone wants to send me some evidence that supports the statements made, I think we all know the statements here are what I would call a scam. Scam our community, get banned.

Thanked by 2ricardo namhuy
  • ricardoricardo Member
    edited February 2016

I don't have 'incriminating' evidence TBH, as much as I'd like to share (and believe) this host is best avoided because of this pattern.

I just have emails from signup/payment confirmation, complaining node disappeared, excuse, new node... and then my entire account disappeared. WHMCS ticket emails only show when I've created tickets.

There's 3 instances of people on LET saying this is what happened in their experience, though. Hopefully enough for someone to decide whether they would take the leap or not.

• forevermanforeverman Member
    edited February 2016

I think this should do it @jarland

and this one

• Still nothing from cheapdomainnames

• cupidcupid Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2016

hi guys,

just see this,

our server in Atlanta was having a raid issue and many vps are lost there.

please send me PM here and i will give you a full year vps in new york city with ddos protection or located los Angeles as you like or a refund.

• Why would you buy VPS in company selling domain name?

• cupid said: hi guys,
    just see this,
    our server in Atlanta was having a raid issue and many vps are lost there.
    please send me PM here and i will give you a full year vps in new york city with ddos protection or located los Angeles as you like or a refund.

Sounds familiar...

From: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/54153/cheapdomainnamesdot-com-openvz-linux-ddos-protected-from-2-90-mo-usa-canada

ricardo said: Terrible service.

One of their servers just disappeared last year and they didn't bother to notify, but after creating a ticket...

`Dear [customer],

i'm sorry but kansas dedicated server provider decide to terminate out server due do spam that our customers do,

we apologize for that - it's happened suddenly and without any warning, it's out of our hands and unfortunately we cannot do anything about that.

i create a new vps for you located pennsylvania, here your new login information:`

Tried to login to my account with them just now to review my old tickets (there were a number of issues, like VPS getting wiped), but apparently my account with them no longer exists.

• how can I trust you again ? I created one ticket it was closed after a few hours, then I had to open 508 tickets and you closed them all, so you cant say "just see this"...

Thanked by 1zafouhar

Dear foreverman,

because you open so many tickets, we automatically close them all,

how can we track so many support tickets ?

please send me PM here and i will give you a full year vps for free.

Thanked by 1Ole_Juul
  • foreverman said: then I had to open 508 tickets

My guess is that was at least one or two too many. I could be wrong though.

• but why did you close the first one without a fitting reply or corrective action?

• @ez2uk said:
    but why did you close the first one without a fitting reply or corrective action?

Thats why I oppened this many, the first One was simply ignored, idk @cupid that move was not smart

i see,

please open a new support ticket and we fix it all with free 1 year vps.

@foreverman said:
    Thats why I oppened this many, the first One was simply ignored, idk cupid that move was not smart