Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Small Review] IPXcore
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Small Review] IPXcore

NexusNexus Member
edited January 2013 in Reviews

Hey guys, just wanted to make this review for ipxcore. I've been using there 512mb ram vps for my forum and it's just wonderful. I am in WA State, and the server I have is unfortunately located in buffalo NY, but it's no big deal at all. The speed/latency is really very minimal from my experience. Hopefully once my forum expands, I'll move into a bigger server with them, it's just great that I have found a steady home and upgrading it is a breeze.

For uptime, I don't think I had an issue with the forum being offline in the past month. I think 1 hiccup was a server maintenance/upgrade or something, but I am fine with that. I also just want to personally thank @Damian and @phxadam for actually having a legit vps company that does care for it's users and wants to succeed. I have a feeling I will be with them for a long time.

I know this review is quite short, but there is really nothing else to say... The vps works fine, latency is fine, support is amazing, uptime is amazing, what else could you really ask for? In the end... I just wanted to let everyone know, thanks for reading if you made it this far.

Cheers,

Dillybob

Edit: We hit a peek of let's say.. 6 concurrent users? with 24 users online I believe? Barely touched 60mb ram and cpu usage was low. (It could be more user vps/webserver configuration than the actually server itself, but still.. I love it)

Edit2: I want a namechange hehe >_<

Comments

• IPXCore is a pretty awesome provider. I gotta say this is similar to my experience with them.

Glad they work out for ya!

• IPXcore is legitimate. Gave them a spin for a special project we mothballed for now.

Tried them out of Buffalo, which is a good location/network. Colocrossing facility there.

• I have two VPSes with IPXcore, a tiny one for backup and DNS, and a lager one for P2P download(yes this is allowed in their TOS/AUP, witch lots of other providers don't), both servers works really well.

Once I need more VPSes I will definitely put them into consideration.

• IPX Core is awesome

• That's something I didn't realize about IPXCore --- p2p allowed... Interesting.

• IPXCore is top tier, I'd have to agree.

• JacobJacob Member
    edited January 2013

I had a IPXCore and it was pretty good.

I have no real interest for LEBs, I just buy them and they sit idle.

• Thanks everyone!

@pubcrawler said: p2p allowed... Interesting.

http://ipxcore.com/auptos/#bittorrent

But we don't do any 'auditing' of client processes to see what they're doing. Generally, if it causes us issues, then we're going to have to ask you to stop. If it doesn't cause us (or other clients on the server) issues, then we don't have the time/effort to police you :)

• That's a good policy @Damian.

More companies need to be progressive like that :)

• @pubcrawler said: More companies need to be progressive like that :)

I don't really see how it's different to any other provider? No providers really want to police copyright, but at least the good ones enforce it when it is brought to their attention.

• Lots of companies just prohibit usage of VPS for just about anything.

Now, I am not one of those users who buys VPS nodes for downloading, file sharing, bitmining, etc. So not a sore spot for me.

But, as privacy becomes more relative to more folks, using services to protect identity, avoid tracking of your life, etc. is going to become very common. As such, folks are going to use those said services in part. Especially file sharing and p2p technologies. Some for even legitimate reasons :)