Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hosted Piwik (free)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hosted Piwik (free)

RaymiiRaymii Member
edited January 2013 in General

Piwik is a free web analytics tool that provides you with detailed reports on your website's visitors, your marketing campaigns and much more. Piwik is an open source alternative to Google Analytics, available in 45 languages, and has been downloaded more than 1 million times! Piwik is an amazing alternative to Google Analytics. I use it on this website and a lot of others. There is no free hosted version, but I'm changing that. You can find instructions on how to get an account at the bottom of this page.

Doing a new side project :)

• On an inceptionhosting.com XEN VPS
  • Free
  • Best effort

Comments

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited January 2013

Any reason why people can't just host this on their own VPS/Shared Hosting? I prefer Google Analytics but yeah...

• Thank you for the reminder. I think this is time to shut down G.A.

• @Patrick said: Any reason why people can't just host this on their own VPS/Shared Hosting?

They don't know how, they don't want to bother with it etc ...

But I think anyone included above will just use google analytics

• @vedran said: They don't know how, they don't want to bother with it etc ...

+1

@Raymii
    Btw usage of "Piwik" in domain name need special permission with the Piwik team as per their trademark guideline, but since you just redirect I'm not so sure

• @bigcat said: Btw usage of "Piwik" in domain name need special permission with the Piwik team as per their trademark guideline, but since you just redirect I'm not so sure

@bigcat I have cleverly emailed them, and I also have the domain hosted-oswa.org (open source web analytics) and that is the "official name". (Also the URL).

• Go my tenth signup today! :D