Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID
Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

In this Discussion

SCAMMED: fortacloud.co

SCAMMED: fortacloud.co

mandarkmandark Member
edited February 2016 in General

Found out that a month ago that a cloud provider called fortacloud is providing a free VPS at a simple cost of $0.5 ($0.82 incl tax) for setup. So I thought, whynot give a try which is less than a dollar and even if it works for few days is great anyway? After payment, I tried to create a VM and tried to install CentOS and Ubuntu but it just loops in the setup screens and never could access it.

After trying for few hours, I thought that it's time to contact the support. But alas! You'd need to pay $5 for each ticket, and then I thought it might not be a good idea to go with these guys. So I quit and never looked back forgetting my $0.82 that I threw it in the water.

Today morning, I received an email from these scammers that there's an unpaid amount of $29.85. Not to mention that's the worst thing can you see first thing in the morning:

I was such an idiot to use my credit card on their site and now I can't remove it from there portal but however I could change it and replaced with a random credit card number generator. I am more worried that if they've saved my original credit card and try to access it and rip me off.

Just noticed that they use a cloudflare wildcard SSL!

Any suggestion?

Tagged:
Thanked by 1Alajos

Comments

• Your own fault. They are well know scammers. Research, research and more research.

Kind regards from FreeVPS Directory & Discussion
    Free VPSs for 15 posts/month

• Next time google before ordering from shady companies. This is a well known scam company.

-

• racksxracksx Member without signature

You have added your card for a freeVPS?:)) that's funny.

Thanked by 1thagoat
  • @racksx said: You have added your card for a freeVPS?:)) that's funny.

:( Funny and I'm dumb, totally. they looked professional though :(

• racksxracksx Member without signature

@mandark said: :( Funny and I'm dumb, totally. they looked professional though :( If you had any charges from them on your card before, you can block just that company not to charge you anymore, ask your bank.

• Contact immediatelly with your bank. Inform them that you do not agree to be charged automatically from this company. If I were you, I would change my card, also! And never -NEVER- give to random unknown shady bussiness your credit card details. Use prepaid, paypal or revolut for this.

• If a program actually fits in memory and has enough disk space, it is guaranteed to crash.
    • If such a program has not crashed yet, it is waiting for a critical moment before it crashes.

• change expire date to 2016 month 02 and payment will be declined due wrong info also credit card will be remove automatic after month due card expire ;)

• @GalaxyHostPlus said: change expire date to 2016 month 02 and payment will be declined due wrong info also credit card will be remove automatic after month due card expire ;)

that's a good point :) I'll do it right away but I am more concerned that if they're saving my credit card info along with CVV number?

• jajajaja

• @jvnadr said: Contact immediatelly with your bank. Inform them that you do not agree to be charged automatically from this company. If I were you, I would change my card, also! And never -NEVER- give to random unknown shady bussiness your credit card details. Use prepaid, paypal or revolut for this.

Do this and do not forget this never ever!!!

• They believe that the price of their free VPS is very competitive and fair.

That reminds me, as admin now I can ban their representative here...

• Yes, seen you get a server from them back in the day in their thread.

Your optimism went from positive to negative soon enough.

jarland said: They believe that the price of their free VPS is very competitive and fair.

That reminds me, as admin now I can ban their representative here...

Go give Vultr(referral) a try. | GNU/Linux http://debian.org

• @GM2015 said: Yes, seen you get a server from them back in the day in their thread.

Your optimism went from positive to negative soon enough.

I wanted to see how they would scam us first hand. Boy did I.

• jarland said: That reminds me, as admin now I can ban their representative here...

GO GO GO GO!!!

• jarland said: I wanted to see how they would scam us first hand. Boy did I.

Their explanation of volume and bandwidth charges on idle servers were exceptionally scientific.

Go give Vultr(referral) a try. | GNU/Linux http://debian.org

Thanked by 1jarland