Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH Public cloud uptime
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH Public cloud uptime

GeekoineGeekoine Member
edited February 2016 in Providers

I would like to know, from those who have some direct experience, what is the uptime level on the public cloud instances of ovh (so, not on the vps cloud). In particular, in Strasbourg datacenter.

Comments

• vfusevfuse Member, Host Rep

Occasionally has some issues with the HA storage. I think they guarantee 3000 IOPS, for a busy database its a bit on the low end. Besides that CPU performance is good on the 30gb ram instances. Over the past 3 month my instances crashed twice and didn't restart automatically. Had to go into the panel and press start/reboot. I'm not really sure if they will make that 99.999% uptime.

Thanked by 1Geekoine
  • @vfuse said:

Did you experience any downtime on the network? Apart from the recent BGP leak...

• jhjh Member

Can't comment on uptime but the CPU was not the expensive chip advertised in my experience

Thanked by 1Geekoine
  • vfusevfuse Member, Host Rep

@Geekoine said:
    Did you experience any downtime on the network? Apart from the recent BGP leak...

No network downtimes besides the BGP leak.

Thanked by 1Geekoine
  • @vfuse said:
    No network downtimes besides the BGP leak.

can confirm this, but only for GRA1 as I actually don't have something at public cloud SBG...

Thanked by 1Geekoine
  • pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

I know you want to know about the public cloud, but my cloudvps 2014 HS been up for over 400 days. And that was because I restarted it. Running plesk.

Thanked by 1Geekoine
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

Don't have a cloud VPS but their normal VPS line I have a 1GB server and has had 100% uptime (120+ days since ordered) other than the 10~ minute downtime due to leak a month or so ago.

Thanked by 1Geekoine
  • @EVM_Mike said:
    Don't have a cloud VPS but their normal VPS line I have a 1GB server and has had 100% uptime (120+ days since ordered) other than the 10~ minute downtime due to leak a month or so ago.
    @EVM_Mike said:

Same here, had a 10 minute downtime once that I got credited for soon after. Apart from that, 100% uptime.

Thanked by 1Geekoine