Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BEST seedbox?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BEST seedbox?

All recommendations are welcome.

Comments

• wrong place? go to the subreddit and ask

Thanked by 1netomx
  • FeralHosting.

Thanked by 2Rhys inthecloudblog
  • I would rent a kimsufi or a hetzner box and install deluge-web

• @MacPac said:
    I would rent a kimsufi or a hetzner box and install deluge-web

this

Thanked by 1netomx
  • justseed.it

• Scaleway

• Scaleway +1

• @Caster said:
    Scaleway +1
    @tommy said:
    Scaleway

Scaleway is out of stock atm.

• @EkaatyLinux said:
    @EkaatyLinux said:

if you had signuped earlier you would have benen "the victim of its success"

• @Caster said:
    if you had signuped earlier you would have benen "the victim of its success"

I have a bunch of C1 servers :)

• info_hashinfo_hash Member
    edited February 2016

Feral would probably be the fatest.

time4vps storage + transmission or rtorrent in tmux would be the cheapest

an ovh, online, hetzner or better leaseweb dedi with deluge would be a great choice if you have the cash and want to go that route.

any cheap dedi or VPS with rtorrent/transmission or deluge could do. (Check TOS before you order just to be on the safe side)...

Have fun seeding GNU/Linux & *BSD isos!

Thanked by 2deadbeef GM2015
  • Thank you all for your answers so far. I just want to point out that no one would think that I think that I will deal with illegal things. And I'm looking exclusively for download and upload because my internet connection is poor.

• alaningusalaningus Member
    edited February 2016

-1 for justseed.it

Although I used to recommend this site, I'd advise swerving it for a while.

They are very much in Alpha mode and things change dramatically on a month by month basis. Great (and cheap) as long as you read the FAQ very carefully (and then re-read it on a regular basis).

Caveat Emptor.

[edit]

When/If @cociu comes up with his storage servers, they will probably be a very good option

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

Online.net handles a plex box well,

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

alaningus said: They are very much in Alpha mode and things change dramatically on a month by month basis. Great (and cheap) as long as you read the FAQ very carefully (and then re-read it on a regular basis).

Because it's cheap and available 99.9% of the time, I don't mind. I've been with them since the start. They're still working on their business model but fundamentally it's dirt cheap for what you get, and while there are occasional hiccups they're usually short.

OP, if you want seedbox options, you might want to ask on a forum where people use them a lot, like the kat.cr community.

Thanked by 1Lm85H4gFkh3wk3
  • @raindog308 said:

Yeah, I pretty much agree. I just get the impression that Tristen could drop it at any moment.

For that reason I took advantage of a cociu special which works out about the same price.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • berryboyberryboy Member
    edited February 2016

@pbgben said:
    Online.net handles a plex box well,

How much are you paying per month?

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

@berryboy said:
    How much are you paying per month?

Too much :) check Sig for spec

• +1 for justseed.it.

• It is dirty cheap, 4 euro for 4 month 4TB.
    • It supports deluge and private tracker.
    • All download records are transient, according to tristen's comment. It means that once the torrent is retrieved and expired, no record is left in the system.

Good for some casual torrenting.

• Also using justseed.it at the moment but might get a yearly VPS to host my own seedbox.

• EkaatyLinux said: Scaleway is out of stock atm.

For current user, it still available

I just create another scaleway

• xaitmixaitmi Member
    edited February 2016

Best place to go is reddit /r/seedboxes