Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1U/2U Colocation in Montreal
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

1U/2U Colocation in Montreal

Looking for 1U colocation in Montreal area (not Toronto, it's too far away).

Need as a minimum:

• 100mbps
  • 20TB quota
  • 4 usable IPs or a /29 netblock

Not really have a budget, I guess up to 80-100$/month.

Comments

• Get a server from OVH that would be the best deal

• iWeb Montreal?

Maybe @davidgestiondbi has some suggestions, probably knows QC DCs fairly well.

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2016

@mikeyur said:
    iWeb Montreal?

Maybe davidgestiondbi has some suggestions, probably knows QC DCs fairly well.

Iweb... nah.
    Netelligent, Cologix, 4degres and Cogeco Data Services (previously Peers1) are the best bet.

However, this budget may be tight for Montreal.

• @simonindia said:
    Get a server from OVH that would be the best deal

That's already what I'm doing but I want to have control on the hardware side to test stuff and basically increase my skills. That's why I'm saying I don't really have a budget at the moment.

• 4degrees DC in Montreal is not yet build and Quebec DC is too expensive
    Cologix and Cogeco are too expensive (heard about 200$ month)

So I'm basically stuck with netelligent and I visited their DC and I'm not impressed... at all.

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

@HeKaz said:
    4degrees DC in Montreal is not yet build and Quebec DC is too expensive
    Cologix and Cogeco are too expensive (heard about 200$ month)

So I'm basically stuck with netelligent and I visited their DC and I'm not impressed... at all.

Don't visit iWeb one then. Lack of support, plus security issue in their DC. They left room and door not locked in their DC.

Everything is expensive in Montreal. The bad thing, there is no reason to be that expensive. :(

• davidgestiondbi said: Don't visit iWeb one then. Lack of support, plus security issue in their DC. They left room and door not locked in their DC.

Everything is expensive in Montreal. The bad thing, there is no reason to be that expensive. :(

yeah welcome to the world /s

• Cologix is a good choice, but watch the cross-connect costs.

Thanked by 1VyprNetworks