Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kidechire?!?!?!?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kidechire?!?!?!?

What happened to the Kidechire? Is it ever coming back?

Comments

• Victim of its price.

Thanked by 3raindog308 netomx Pwner
  • @GM2015 said:
    Victim of its price.

Ah, I figured. Possibly one of the best deals around... Gone... Could you provide me with a link to it so I can order it when it comes in stock?

• WolfWolf Member
    edited February 2016

@LowEndAddiction

https://console.online.net/en/order/server_limited

//EDIT:

The boss of online.net claimed numerous times now, that they will never have such a pricing / promotion again. It was just for marketing reasons. So... waiting for one to appear is a waste of time tbh.

Thanked by 1NanoHedgehog
  • GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited February 2016

LowEndAddiction said: Ah, I figured. Possibly one of the best deals around... Gone... Could you provide me with a link to it so I can order it when it comes in stock?

https://www.online.net/en/dedicated-server/dedibox-kidechire redirects to xc

• @Wolf said:
    LowEndAddiction

https://console.online.net/en/order/server_limited

//EDIT:

The boss of online.net claimed numerous times now, that they will never have such a pricing / promotion again. It was just for marketing reasons. So... waiting for one to appear is a waste of time tbh.

Ah that sucks... Any other deals like that (I'm guessing not)..?

• I love my kidechire :) I pet it every night before bed.

• doughmanesdoughmanes Member
    edited February 2016

OneProvider has them for 7 EUR/mo

ID verification is a selfie with your ID in hand which strangely my middle finger was up

http://oneprovider.com/dedicated-servers/paris-france

• @doughmanes said:
    a selfie with your ID in hand which strangely my middle finger was up

post or didn't happen...

Thanked by 1netomx
  • It's a shame OneProvider is trying to sell them for €7 when you can just buy a Dedibox SC Gen2 from Online.net directly for €6...

• They must not be getting a discount on those and the €1 is their profit.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @Xenos said:
    They must not be getting a discount on those and the €1 is their profit.

No I meant OneProvider is selling the Kidechire for €7 while Online.net offers a better server for €6.

• Gotcha, I agree

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Dedibox SC Gen2 will be dropped by online.net soon.

Was confirmed on IRC just a couple days ago...

He did not mention if they will offer a new box instead though.

• edited February 2016

LowEndAddiction said: No I meant OneProvider is selling the Kidechire for €7 while Online.net offers a better server for €6.

Oneprovider is stocked. Got my server delivered after 3 days. Online.net has been out of stock for a long time, not to mention the setup fee of €20.

Thanked by 1rdes
  • I am a owner of a Gen2, will they still be offering it to existing customers or will we be upgraded?

• @LowEndAddiction said:
    I am a owner of a Gen2, will they still be offering it to existing customers or will we be upgraded?

Doubt they will cancel your current system/service, they will just stop offering it for new purchase.

• WolfWolf Member
    edited February 2016

If I remember correctly, it will happen in three steps over the next couple months / years.

1) Stop selling but support existing boxes

2) Stop support and provide on "as is" basis

3) Drop.

But as I did not take a screenshot of that, I'm not 100% sure. Also missed the timeframe.

• lol 1 EUR difference is somehow "better" when they're both in the same location. I haven't had issues with mine and just renewed it. It certainly beats the setup fees, which I'm assuming is "better"

• @doughmanes said:
    lol 1 EUR difference is somehow "better" when they're both in the same location. I haven't had issues with mine and just renewed it. It certainly beats the setup fees, which I'm assuming is "better"

I paid the 20 euro setup fee from Online.net but it isn't worth it if you are only going to use it for a month or so... But for 7 euros you can get a way better machine from OVH in the same country...

• doughmanesdoughmanes Member
    edited February 2016

Sorry your comparisons are coming up short.

You want a particular configuration not provided, can get similar hardware from OneProvider, and saying you can get better from OVH. What do you want?

• @doughmanes said:
    Sorry your comparisons are coming up short.

You want a particular configuration not provided, can get similar hardware from OneProvider, and saying you can get better from OVH. What do you want?

What is your problem? I am stating you can simply get a better deal from an OVH VPS than you can from OneProviders 7 euro dedicated server. What is making you confused?

• It's a Kidechire however you want a OVH VPS with your McDonalds dollar menu budget and your addiciton

Thanked by 1GM2015
  • @doughmanes said:
    It's a Kidechire however you want a OVH VPS with your McDonalds dollar menu budget and your addiciton

Are you on cocaine?

Thanked by 3Dylan user123 Fusl