Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RVSiteBuilder Brand-New Update
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

RVSiteBuilder Brand-New Update

I just got word that RVSiteBuilder is getting updated. The editor will be a lot more user friendly, it will incorporate social networking have a whole new set of templates and provide step by step guides.

There is a demo online if anybody wants to give it a go. What are some of the features you are hoping will make an appearance on this new RVSiteBuilder. Any comments as to your experience with it?

Comments

• Just wait for cpanel to realise their free edition

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Has anyone in the history of the Internet actually used RVSiteBuilder to build a web site?

• FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
    edited February 2016

Oh hell no.

That thing reminds me of flash websites :/

Especially now, people are hiring web designers or using popular frameworks like Bootstrap/Flat UI/etc to build their own website.

@LoreSys

Your website looks like it was made from RVSiteBuilder.
    And no, that isn't a compliment.

• @FlamesRunner said:

LoreSys

Your website looks like it was made from RVSiteBuilder.
    And no, that isn't a compliment.

Thank you, even though its not a compliment. We are giving our website a makeover as its under new management now. I'll be sure to share the changes as they happen

• BradyHBradyH Member, Host Rep

@raindog308 said:
    Has anyone in the history of the Internet actually used RVSiteBuilder to build a web site?

Thats a good one. I was going to test it the other day to just do a 1 page site for our white label name servers. After 30 min I said F*** It. was a pain in the ass. Not sure why I even offer it anymore. I don't think i have a single customer that has ever used it and I can see why now. LOL

CenTexHosting said: Thats a good one. I was going to test it the other day to just do a 1 page site for our white label name servers. After 30 min I said F*** It. was a pain in the ass. Not sure why I even offer it anymore. I don't think i have a single customer that has ever used it and I can see why now. LOL

Exactly...everyone sells it as an add-on but I've never heard of anyone actually using it.

Thanked by 1GM2015
  • doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited February 2016

@raindog308 said:

Bootstrap is literally the easiest platform if not semantic for new web designers, but who cares, rvsuckbuilder with help us all get new shiny websites baked around 15 years ago

• LeeLee Veteran

raindog308 said: Has anyone in the history of the Internet actually used RVSiteBuilder to build a web site?

I heard a rumour that someone did back in the day, even the NSA couldn't find it or them though.

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • raindog308 said: Has anyone in the history of the Internet actually used RVSiteBuilder to build a web site?

Just tried them out of curiosity a few months ago. The templates are so 90s, interface sucks. I gave up after 15 minutes.

Thanked by 1raindog308

Wasn't there also a Flash-based cPanel add-on that people tried to peddle? I want to say it was called Trendy or something like that.

Thanked by 1GM2015
  • shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

That thing is such junk... I can't believe anybody even offers it anymore...

• srvrprosrvrpro Member
    edited February 2016

doghouch said: Bootstrap is literally the easiest platform if not semantic for new web designers, but who cares, rvsuckbuilder with help us all get new shiny websites baked around 15 years ago

Your comparison is invalid. Bootstrap isn't a site builder.