Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Horror stories with OVH
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Horror stories with OVH

So I decided to get a kimsufi server recently, but while the order was processing something came up that made the server no longer necessary, and I sent two different emails asking OVH to cancel the order and it still went through anyways.

I called their phone support asking if I could get a refund and was basically just told 'no, you cannot'. As a result, I installed an operating system on the server due to the fact that I was under the impression that I would not be able to get a refund.

Now, I get an email this morning saying I can't get a refund because I installed an operating system on it. I did this because I was mis-informed by their support, and I'm extremely pissed off about it now.

Do I have reasonable expectation here of being able to get a refund due to the fact that they screwed up twice? And if they refuse a refund, do I have grounds for a paypal dispute given the circumstances?

Comments

• I don't see how you can get a refund, at least for the set'up fee, as the server was provisioned already.. Check the tos for more info.

• bacloudbacloud Member, Patron Provider

Kimsufi do not provide any refunds. Do not expect anything. I fully understand that. kimsufi servers are designed for personal use, testing or development.

• Happened to me with Kimsufi to hire early last year, canceled in October and in January this year I did charge a monthly fee, do not have access to the control panel do not respond email and paypal is that of overlook

• It's doubtful they would have refunded you even if you didn't install an OS. You will likely lose a PayPal dispute.

• I'm just pissed because their support lied to me and now I'm 'unable to get a refund' as a result.

• How much $$ are we talking about?

• I had the exact opposite experience. Somehow the order got double submitted. I didn't install anything on it and they gave me an account credit. This was OVH BHS.

• BlazingServersBlazingServers Member, Host Rep

@rds100 said:
    How much $$ are we talking about?

Less than $30 for sure.

• Fraud? Oh what... Kimsufi support is bad - true. Lot of horror stories about them are online. But you should atleast read their ToS and especially the part about refunds.

You ordered the server. They got your money and provisioned the service. No refunds after provisioning.

Source: http://www.kimsufi.com/en/termsofservice/general_conditions_of_service_kimsufi_servers.pdf

You could have asked for a refund if they had your money but didn't have your server provisioned, yet.

• Don't waste time trying to get a refund, it won't happen!

• @FVPS said:
    Fraud? Oh what... Kimsufi support is bad - true. Lot of horror stories about them are online. But you should atleast read their ToS and especially the part about refunds.

You ordered the server. They got your money and provisioned the service. No refunds after provisioning.

Source: http://www.kimsufi.com/en/termsofservice/general_conditions_of_service_kimsufi_servers.pdf

You could have asked for a refund if they had your money but didn't have your server provisioned, yet.
    @FVPS said:
    Fraud? Oh what... Kimsufi support is bad - true. Lot of horror stories about them are online. But you should atleast read their ToS and especially the part about refunds.

I sent two emails asking for refunds/order cancellation pre-provision and neither were responded to until approximately 14 hours later, which was over 8 hours after the server was provisioned.

• "lied" is a strong term used by some customers of a certain region.

"misinformed" or "unaware" of policy is more likely. Yeah it sucks, but we've all been there with certain providers.

Thanked by 1WebProject
  • Dude, don't cry, try to sell these servers even at half price to minimize losses. "Horror" as title says it's absolutely inappropriate title. From my point of view, you are the reason of problem, not OVH. Cheers!

• Use paypal dispute.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited February 2016

Anna_Parker said: "Horror" as title says it's absolutely inappropriate title

I like how it's titled, I think more appropriate is "Sorry I am fucked up as I don't give fuck about someone else Terms and conditions" and what I just read as whole topic: I am right bla, bla, bla refund me my money otherwise I will open PayPal dispute bla, bla, bla

• @mustafaramadhan said:
    Use paypal dispute.

Thanked by 2doughmanes GM2015
  • afaik if you don't install an OS you can get your refund somehow.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

Horror story:

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • perennate said: Horror story:

Did you modify the IPMI config?

• perennate said: Horror story:

It's always the "electric connector" for me!

Thanked by 1perennate
  • perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2016

MarkTurner said: Did you modify the IPMI config?

No, usually the IPMI option disappears when you reboot the server so you can't access BIOS or anything. I don't understand why it keeps flip-flopping though, the first e-mail says they detected a fault and the second says they don't see the fault anymore. Server has been up so I haven't opened a support ticket (I don't anticipate needing the IPMI, anyway it's just running some game servers).

• @perennate said:
    No, usually the IPMI option disappears when you reboot the server so you can't access BIOS or anything. I don't understand why it keeps flip-flopping though, the first e-mail says they detected a fault and the second says they don't see the fault anymore. Server has been up so I haven't opened a support ticket (I don't anticipate needing the IPMI, anyway it's just running some game servers).

There having a issue with a set of IPMI's yours probably included!

• LeeLee Veteran

mustafaramadhan said: Use paypal dispute.

Just fuck off.

Thanked by 1GM2015