Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking to buy from providers, preferably multiple locations, low spec, requirements etc
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking to buy from providers, preferably multiple locations, low spec, requirements etc

ricardoricardo Member
edited February 2016 in Requests

I'm looking for VPS hosts who provide the following criteria:

• 128-256MB RAM
  • 5-10GB disk space with reasonable IO to host websites
  • Network... ~10Mbps is fine. <30GB/m would be used.
  • High availability (I know this is Low End, but I think it's reasonable for uptime to be at least 99%)
  • Pay every 6 months or yearly
  • IPv4, if possible, accept a request of a unique subnet (see below)
  • Price point around $20-$25/year
  • Preferably multiple locations and preferably within North America and/or the European Union
  • Services get provisioned within an hour of ordering (regardless of time of day)
  • In business at least 2 years, public WHOIS, not an OVH reseller.
  • Will also accept shared hosting packages if you have at least 100 other websites sharing an IP I'll get assigned, and you're using cpanel (so I can automate stuff)
  • No emailing required, so requests to port 25 aren't required at all.
  • Ideally you can share a subnet or two you own with me, so I can check that it doesn't have a bad reputation
  • (forgot one) ... 24-48 hours to deal with any DMCA issues. Our policy would be to remove the content and then deal with our customer internally.
  • Bonus points if you run solusvm and/or WHMCS, as I have some automation set up for those.
  • It'd be good if you have an online presence greater than the 'bog standard' LET, VPSboard, Twitter and Facebook account, else it seems like your heart just ain't into it!
  • We spend as little as $4 a year with some hosts and $5000/year with others. If you offer a nice service, we'll use you more.

What I'm after is maybe a dozen or two providers from LET, ones where I can order 4/5/6 servers at once and pay yearly, across all locations or at the very least, not on contiguous IPs.

From my POV, we provide registrar/drop-catch/various services to online marketers, and hosting is one of the services we include. One of our USPs is saving people the time and hassle of finding reasonable providers, and streamlining a lot of the processs they'd do on a domain to domain basis, like installing and configuring servers, configuring .htaccess and the like.

Our clients also like to have a range of providers and don't want all their eggs in one basket, or be seen to. For a lot of clients it's also preferable to have a unique /24 per website they wish to host (hence the special IPv4 request).

In summary, the resources I'm after are quite modest and don't ask for much. We rarely create tickets (unless you've been experiencing lots of downtime or some part of your system is broken that's preventing us doing our job)... so in my humble view we're a nice customer :) We currently have around 500 containers running and this request is purely in case I've missed out some nice providers who we can also use.

I'd appreciate a private message if you fit the bill, but no time wasting please. Ideally, just drop your link, tell me how many locations you have, price and preferably some subnets you have to save me digging. I'll leave a note in my signup to let you know I followed you up on your offer.

FWIW, if you're on this list already, I have (or have recently had) some hosting with you already, so no need to message me.

• 123systems.net
  • 2host.com
  • alpharacks.com
  • alphavps.bg
  • anynode.net
  • aquanx.com
  • astrovps.com
  • azurevps.com
  • bandwagonhost.com
  • beastnode.com
  • berry.pw
  • bhost.net
  • bigboxhost.com
  • billingcp.us
  • bluevm.com
  • budgetvm.com
  • catalysthost.com
  • cheapdomainnamesdot.com
  • chicagovps.com
  • chicagovps.net
  • cloudatcost.com
  • cloudshards.com
  • comsitec.de
  • cosmosteck.com
  • crissic.net
  • crowncloud.net
  • cubixcloud.com
  • dacentec.com
  • dedicatedminds.com
  • directspace.net
  • dotvps.co
  • drserver.net
  • edgevm.com
  • edis.at
  • electricbyte.com
  • ethernetservers.com
  • evlgaming.com
  • evoburst.com
  • fapvps.com
  • fastboxes.net
  • fedvps.com
  • fliphost.net
  • frantech.ca
  • fraphost.com
  • frontrangehosting.com
  • ftpit.com
  • galaxyhostplus.com
  • gamedatainc.com
  • gaugedhosting.com
  • gestiondbi.com
  • ginernet.com
  • goodhosting.co
  • greenvaluehost.com
  • gridhostingsolutions.com
  • hardcloud.net
  • highspeedweb.net
  • hostfly.in
  • hostfolks.com
  • hosthatch.com
  • hostigation.com
  • hostingground.com
  • hostmist.com
  • hostnit.com
  • hostus.us
  • httpzoom.com
  • hudsonvalleyhost.com
  • inceptionhosting.com
  • iniz.com
  • iperweb.com
  • jollyworkshosting.com
  • k9vps.com
  • kvm.sh
  • liquid-solutions.biz
  • lowend.co
  • lunanode.com
  • massnodes.com
  • maximumvps.net
  • mcmyhost.net
  • minivps.co.uk
  • mpserv.net
  • mycustomhosting.net
  • netcloud.com
  • nitrovps.co
  • nodeserv.com
  • northhosts.co.uk
  • oneilonline.com
  • onepoundwebhosting.co.uk
  • openitc.co.uk
  • openvirtuals.com
  • owned-networks.net
  • pinenook.com
  • pnshostings.com
  • prohostingserver.com
  • prometeus.it
  • providerservice.com
  • provisionhost.com
  • qhoster.com
  • quatrovps.com
  • quickpacket.com
  • quickweb.co.nz
  • rackburst.net
  • raidlogic.net
  • ramhost.us
  • ramnode.com
  • reprisehosting.com
  • reversehosts.com
  • rockxweb.com
  • securedragon.net
  • securedspeed.com
  • serveralley.com
  • servercrate.com
  • servermania.com
  • shockbyte.com
  • simplydigitalhosting.com
  • srvis.com
  • ssdvirt.com
  • ssdvps.com
  • sshvm.com
  • superior-networks.com
  • supremebytes.com
  • tacticalvps.net
  • torqhost.com
  • toshost.com
  • tragicservers.com
  • universev.com
  • urpad.net
  • vikinglayer.com
  • virtnetwork.com
  • virtual6.net
  • virtualsrv.com
  • vps4all.co.uk
  • vpsace.com
  • vpscheap.net
  • vpsdime.com
  • vpsgod.com
  • vpshouse.pro
  • webrimium.com
  • websound.co.uk
  • weloveservers.net
  • wobhosting.com
  • xenserversnow.com
  • xlvps.com

Cheers

p.s. this'll probably be valid for the remainder of 2016, so feel free to message anytime... I'll be checking back for offers.

Thanked by 2VyprNetworks vpsGOD

Comments

• damn that looks like half of let if not all!

• I can do 128MB RAM, 10GB HDD at $9.99/year , or 256MB at $14.99/year.

Or SSD instead of HDD , the 128MB RAM will be at $12.99/year, the 256MB will be $17.99/year. The HDD one is OVZ the SSD is KVM.

• In future ...if any one will want a list of providers I will pm them this discussion link......
    Bro...
    One question
    Did you test all these?
    If yes then how much time you spent on each....

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited February 2016

yes I've used all of these. The good ones i spend 5 minutes on from loading up their home page to finished installation. I wouldn't use this list in itself, I have notes on most of them, cost of packages etc.

I also have a list of 10K WHMCS installations. a bigger list of a port scan of 2083, a list of 300 million domains, WHOIS data and ... well basically lots of data I can find hosts from. Lots and lots of hosts. It's sometimes easier to reach out... it shows a degree of activity and resourcefulnss of providers.

If you picked randomly from the list I posted, I'd say about 20% of them could let you down.

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • Looking at that list. You need help.

• Yes, holier than thou. Thank you for your insights. Would you be talking from experience or hindsight. I get the feeling you'll be no help.

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited February 2016

I'll spell this out because to be blunt I can't be arsed with similar comments.

I came to LET fully aware that there'd be a degree of churn with registering hosts. But it's not that black and white. There's other variables like cost and time. Coming on here declaring your expertise in choice of hosts doesn't do me any good, maybe good for your ego. I have a real requirement for a large spread of hosting. I've laid out some simple requirements which is useful for me.

With that in mind I'll just be expecting PM's from hosts, not really interested in people chiming in with GVH lolz comments.

Thanked by 1geekalot
  • bacloudbacloud Member, Patron Provider

Good list to share with someone ;)

• bacloud said: Good list to share with someone ;)

See above :)

Looks like I've milked this cow dry.

• @ricardo said:

It will be very helpful for the community if you can share your experience experience or notes regarding those names on your list. May be not everything, but just a few words about the top/bottom few names in your list?

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

@ricardo,

I notice VPSBiT.com is not on your list ;)

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • ricardoricardo Member
    edited February 2016

Junkless said: It will be very helpful for the community if you can share your experience experience or notes regarding those names on your list. May be not everything, but just a few words about the top/bottom few names in your list?

They don't need my help and many people on here already know everything :)

I do have a shorter list of hosts I've used for >12 months, but TBH it's either ones that are often mentioned here, else you have to take my word on it... and then spend the same amount of time reading up on them.

Short of location and not having a tarred IP space, they're all more or less the same, to me.

VPSBIT

Looks a bit pricey. We resell hosting at about $70/year (so yes, I can buy hosts that'll deadpool and it's still economical over the long term, spending hours to buy from a carefully sourced provider clearly isnt' what I'm doing here)...

$20/y is my ballpark, not because I'm horribly cheap, but because it still seems economical for hosts to sell plans at that price given my very low requirements.

Thanked by 1BeardyUnixGuy
  • cassacassa Member
    edited February 2016

We can offer you VPSes and shared/reseller hosting, optionally with a dedicated IP. Our services are located in the Netherlands and we use WHMCS + SolusVM / cPanel. PM me if you're interested.

• @cassa, I looked at your plans. Can you PM me one or two shared hosting IPs that I'd likely end up on? Thanks.

• Love284Love284 Member
    edited February 2016

we have vps in USA just 1.9$ per month. the details of vps below:
    CPU:vCPU
    RAM:1GB
    HardDisk:60G
    Bandwidth:2TB/100M
    IPs:1.
    you can look into through link https://www.vpb.com/promotion.php/?fuid=284

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited February 2016

@fenzox, you must have posted in the wrong thread.

To reiterate something, if it's shared hosting I'd be after a shared IP, with at least 100 other domains being hosted on that IP. I have a DB of 550M host names and their IPs so I can get a reasonably accurate number of how many domains are hosted on the IP... not interested in IPs that have little or no other hosted domains on them.

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited February 2016

@fenzox. thanks

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • fenzox said: $9/month

Go away, far away!

Thanked by 1IThinkUFailed
  • @jarland

@fenzox

Can someone ban this guy already?

He just came here to spam all topics with his so called 'offers'.

Appears like he got all locations, dedicated, VPS and so on, but lacks any business contact details. Only his personal Skype from what I see.

Just google his name and "Server" / "Dedicated". He joined tons of forums just today and started to spam.

• nlimited Web hosting in Pakistan is available at Sky Host

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited February 2016

Unless Pakistan has somehow moved into North America or Europe, that doesn't match what I asked for. Sorry. Too late to edit my OP but the location is fairly important.

Thanked by 2Junkless deadbeef
  • @ricardo

No reason to be unfriendly.

Your post says:

preferably within North America and/or the European Union

That does not limit it to those locations.

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited February 2016

You're right, I was too brash. Please accept my apologies.

Unmentioned in my OP, I'm sceptical of low end hosting in a couple of countries because from past experience, they tend to be massively oversold and extremely slow.

I'd be happy for you to prove me wrong in your case. Please PM me one or two shared IPs that I would be placed on so I can get an idea of what's on there.

Thanked by 3Wolf vimalware deadbeef
  • Hosting in India/pakistan will appear pretty slow even if the server is not oversold because of the peering/routing. So not a good idea if your primary traffic is from US/EU.

Thanked by 1ricardo
  • ricardoricardo Member
    edited February 2016

Understood. That helps paint the picture a little better for me. I'm not all that clued up on routing, carriers, BGP and networking in general.

US/EU is a safer bet generally, for me. There may be cases where our clients find more specific hosting locations desirable, though. Generally, decent latency regardless of location is good enough... these websites are not bandwidth heavy.

• edited February 2016

Nice list (but a few of them are really bad or don't exist anymore). Here are a few other ones, in alphabetical order: AtlanticNet, CenTexHosting, HostBD24 (aff), Introvex, KihiHosting, KogVps, QuadHost, SolarVPS, TCVPS (aff) (WebLine), Time4VPS (aff), VirMach (aff), ...
    May not meet all your criteria but quite close and perform well, so IMO they deserve to be looked at.

Thanked by 2HOSTBD24 KamA
  • ricardoricardo Member
    edited February 2016

Thanks, I'll probably take a look at each of those over time. Indeed, the list isn't a mark of quality or endorsement, just those I've already came across, w.r.t. VPS' at least.

• KamAKamA Member, Host Rep

Thanks for the mention. Glad to see you're a customer and enjoying your service with us!

@ricardo, we could always do a custom package if you need. Feel free to open a sales ticket at https://introvex.net/contact.php.

• @hostingwizard_net said:
    Nice list (but a few of them are really bad or don't exist anymore). Here are a few other ones, in alphabetical order:

What the hell? You only linked where you have affiliate link and used URL shortener