Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Winter BLOWOUT - 40% OFF FOR LIFE - $3/m Pure SSD VPS - XEN - Seattle or KC
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Winter BLOWOUT - 40% OFF FOR LIFE - $3/m Pure SSD VPS - XEN - Seattle or KC

VirpusVirpus Member, Host Rep
edited February 2016 in Offers

Hi all,

Our winter BLOWOUT SALE is back and stronger than ever. Use promo code winter2016 for - 40% OFF FOR LIFE - on all our Pure SSD VPS products (linux + windows)!

Xen powered and located in either Seattle or Kansas City!

Pure SSD VPS :

---- Core 2 - Ram 512MB - SSD Disk 15GB - BW 1.5TB - $3/month

---- Core 4 - Ram 1GB - SSD Disk 30GB - BW 3TB - $4.2/month

---- + PLENTY MORE OFFERS!

Linux Orders Here

Windows Orders Here

All services are XEN powered and instantly activated upon clearing our fraud tests (even our Bare Metal Cloud). Feel free to PM us with any questions.

-Virpus Team

Comments

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited February 2016

EXTREMELY NOT RECOMMENDED.

TICKETS TAKE WEEKS TO RESOLVE.

CONSTANT NETWORK PROBLEMS.

REALLY BAD PERFORMANCE.

Thanked by 1sayem314
  • VirpusVirpus Member, Host Rep

As previous mentioned, the company changed hands mid 2015 and the new owners upgraded things across the board. Maybe most importantly, the entire service team was overhauled and brought in-house. @Traffic , if you have a ticket # post September 2015, please provide it. If not, we ask you politely to stop spamming our offers with nonsense.

@Traffic said:
    EXTREMELY NOT RECOMMENDED.

TICKETS TAKE WEEKS TO RESOLVE.

CONSTANT NETWORK PROBLEMS.

REALLY BAD PERFORMANCE.

• @Virpus

How is it nonsense if he had such (bad) experience with you guys?

Claiming changed hands and that things improved, is a weak defense tbh.

If you take over a company, you will have to work on loosing the bad rep. Do you expect people to forget about it?

Thanked by 2Traffic sayem314
  • @Wolf said:

Moreover there have been many members here who've already experienced the same with the "new" management

He didn't have a bad experience with us, and thus his argument regarding tickets taking weeks is nonsense. I fully understand we have inherited the old rep, and we intend to change it, but Ken is no longer with the company and things are done differently now.

All I ask is to provide your experiences post management change (with ticket #'s). We're here to make things better for everyone, not to deliver bad experiences.

Thanks,
    Virpus Team.

@Traffic said:
    Moreover there have been many members here who've already experienced the same with the "new" management
    @Wolf said:
    Virpus

How is it nonsense if he had such (bad) experience with you guys?

Claiming changed hands and that things improved, is a weak defense tbh.

If you take over a company, you will have to work on loosing the bad rep. Do you expect people to forget about it?

• @Traffic said:

any room to give them a second/final chance.

We complete our final network upgrade in less then 3 weeks. Would be happy to comp @Traffic , or any other ex client pre September 2015, a free month of service on a reasonable plan.

Thanks @ehab .

@ehab said:
    any room to give them a second/final chance.

• @Virpus said:
    As previous mentioned, the company changed hands mid 2015 and the new owners upgraded things across the board. Maybe most importantly, the entire service team was overhauled and brought in-house. Traffic , if you have a ticket # post September 2015, please provide it. If not, we ask you politely to stop spamming our offers with nonsense.

REALLY BAD PERFORMANCE.

I thought you was brought by WOW in 2014?

Wow couldn't handle it and had no service protocol in place, and ken, well not sure about ken. But Virpus is certainly not in Wow's core competency. We bought from Wow.

@MSPNick said:
    I thought you was brought by WOW in 2014?

• @Virpus said:
    Wow couldn't handle it and had no service protocol in place, and ken, well not sure about ken. But Virpus is certainly not in Wow's core competency. We bought from Wow.

Is Ken still working at Virpus?

Ken is not working with/at Virpus. He has ZERO affiliation.

@Traffic said:

• MSPNickMSPNick Member
    edited February 2016

@Virpus said:

Who are you? Virpus went really crap really fast over the takeover...(faster then EIG at ruining a brand)

Sorry for derailing and the interrogation! I hope you don't mind

• how about refund policy?

• tenperatenpera Member
    edited February 2016

@Virpus is Ken IMO, one of the most crappy people in the hosting industry.

Thanked by 1Traffic
  • @tenpera said:
    Virpus is Ken IMO, one of the most crappy people in the hosting industry.

This. They say Ken is no longer there, but Ken himself is a serial liar and manipulator...

That's correct... Ken is no longer associated with Virpus in ANY capacity. He was very helpful during the transition process... I can't say anymore than that.

@Traffic said:
    This. They say Ken is no longer there, but Ken himself is a serial liar and manipulator...
    @tenpera said:
    Virpus is Ken IMO, one of the most crappy people in the hosting industry.

3 day money back guarantee.

@serampangan said:
    how about refund policy?

• @Traffic

Accept their offer of a free month of service and see how things go.

As much as I understand you've had a bad experience, I would not want a company that has changed hands to lose business purely because of your experience with previous management.

If you continue to receive bad service, feel free to continue your warnings to potential customers. I won't step in the way.

Thanks.

• @Ishaq said:

Appreciate your interest but this is not a mod issue. Feel free to promote them if you think they are being treated unfairly though.

• Traffic said: Appreciate your interest but this is not a mod issue. Feel free to promote them if you think they are being treated unfairly though.

I did not come here out of interest, I was called to the thread. I do not have any intention of promoting them either.

I am merely asking you to stop defaming a company that has changed ownership and wants to move on. As far I can see there is no affiliation with the previous owners.

They provided you with the option to claim a free month but you are more interested in holding a grudge.

• @Ishaq said:
    I am merely asking you to stop defaming a company that has changed ownership and wants to move on. As far I can see there is no affiliation with the previous owners.

I have not defamated anyone. Please make sure you've understood the definition of that term:

Defamation—also calumny, vilification, and traducement—is the communication of a false statement that harms the reputation of an individual person, business, product, group, government, religion, or nation.

(Emphasis added by me)

All the statements I made are true.

You keep thinking that receiving reports on a post means there is something wrong with it

• Traffic said: I have not defamated anyone. Please make sure you've understood the definition of that term:

I understand the term perfectly, thanks.

Traffic said: All the statements I made are true.

Maybe before, not necessarily now.

Traffic said: You keep thinking that receiving reports on a post means there is something wrong with it

Not always.

• @Virpus

It may b true that you are no longer affiliated with the old virpus people, but the tone and way of replies suggest otherwise .

You have bought a company with a poor image, this is not the way to defend.

On LET , performance speaks louder than words.

Appreciate the feedback. Tone wasn't meant to come off aggressive or negative... we'll let results speak.

@Mridul said:
    Virpus

It may b true that you are no longer affiliated with the old virpus people, but the tone and way of replies suggest otherwise .

You have bought a company with a poor image, this is not the way to defend.

On LET , performance speaks louder than words.

Thanked by 1Mridul
  • Coupon not working for the Windows plan?

This has been fixed.

@godong said:
    Coupon not working for the Windows plan?

• I host over 100 sites between several servers, and it was time to add another one - I am trying out this deal to see the performance and measure against Ramnode (my current host of choice, also in Seattle). Happy to give an objective review when I'm done setting up whm/cpanel!

• OK, I've been using it for the past day consistently ... here's what I think! http://brendancarr.ca/adventures-in-vps-land/