Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Opinions wanted!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Opinions wanted!

PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep
edited January 2013 in General

Hi,

I've just created a new site: http://premiumvm.com around Bootstrap. It was my first try using Bootstrap. I wanted to create a simplistic website, and I feel that's been done :)

Let me know what you think.

Thanks!

Comments

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited January 2013

@dominicl said: Let me know what you think.

Well you literally just took the default Bootstrap template and edited the text, so there isn't much to comment on (at least for the homepage)

Edit: Imho there is "too few" design. For example on the About Us page you just have the menubar and a block of text. It doesn't really look pleasing that way.

• IshaqIshaq Member
    edited January 2013

As good as it looks because it's bootstrap. It just doesn't look good for a host D:

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

@gsrdgrdghd said: (at least for the homepage)

Yes, for the homepage I did which I am still partly working on.

@Ishaq said: As good as it looks because it's bootstrap. It just doesn't look good for a host D:

I thought it looked good, because other hosts have been using it :(

• jhjh Member

@gsrdgrdghd said: Well you literally just took the default Bootstrap template and edited the text, so there isn't much to comment on (at least for the homepage)

This. Also Bootstrap is a framework not a template - you're supposed to build on it.

@jhadley said: This. Also Bootstrap is a framework not a template - you're supposed to build on it.

Yes I agree, it's still being worked on but I wanted to put some basic pages up. I'm still actively working on them though.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

Looks so generic that I ignored all the text apart from hello..

edited January 2013

@Infinity said: Looks so generic that I ignored all the text apart from hello..

Thanks for that.

On a serious note, I am getting it worked on

• @Ishaq said: As good as it looks because it's bootstrap. It just doesn't look good for a host D:

+1999487922387r5832198348534219834754328999123594ewud!!!

• @dominicl said: Thanks for that.

On a serious note, I am getting it worked on

Wait, then why did you post the thread before any work was even done to it?

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2013

@dominicl said: Thanks for that.

Not sure if this was meant sarcastically or what, but I was actually being serious. You definitely do need a bit of design, just spice it up somehow. Suggest you completely change the layout of the bootstrap thingmajig and add some colour.. at least.

• What was the point in creating a thread if this was not finished, what do you want us to say, good job at downloading bootstrap and modifing existing text...?

I don't normally contribute to provider -> bashing -> provider, so don't take this as a bash, take it personally. >.>

@dominicl said: I am getting it worked on

OK, I'll shut up and get it worked on.

• @Ishaq said: As good as it looks because it's bootstrap. It just doesn't look good for a host

True if you use the as-is CSS that comes with it, if you take time to modify it and implant it in a template you already have it'll work out great. We have bootstrap on our main site and it's not noticeable at all!