Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated Core VPSes
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated Core VPSes

standardlookstandardlook Member
edited February 2016 in Requests

Does anyone know any other providers that offer a Dedicated CPU and a GB a RAM less than $3 a month in the U.S.? When I mean dedicated core, I mean that the provider will either allow or throttle usage of the CPU when it gets high. The only one I know is Time4VPS, but it's located in Lithuania.

If you have any dedicated server offers that are less than $3/core and $3/GB of RAM, please post them here also.

Comments

• No one is going to give you a dedicated core for $3 per month the electricity alone to power said core would cost more than that... I think you need to revise your budget or scrap your project and go back to the drawing board

Chip

• @chip said:
    No one is going to give you a dedicated core for $3 per month the electricity alone to power said core would cost more than that... I think you need to revise your budget or scrap your project and go back to the drawing board

Chip

Do you mean in the U.S.? If not, Time4VPS seems to be doing so.

• standardlook said: Do you mean in the U.S.? If not, Time4VPS seems to be doing so.

Time4VPS do NOT provide a dedicated core

• servarica_haniservarica_hani Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2016

We Do 1 dedicated core with 2.5GB for 7$ on either AMD or L56XX depend on what is available

but it is usually harder for the provider to give 1:1 ratio for cores:ram as in this case the power and space will go almost not utilized

check our SSD offers here

https://servarica.com/special_offers/linux-ssd-offers/

Thanks

Thanked by 1standardlook
  • @MarkTurner said:

Then how come they claim this on their offer page:

http://puu.sh/n6yBc/661f1bd0e7.png

• https://www.online.net/en/dedicated-server/dedibox-xc

"Less than €2 per core or GB memory"

Thanked by 1standardlook
  • Do you really expect dedicated cores? The only thing you can expect on these overpriced virtual servers is not to get thrown off after 60 minutes. Buy a cheap dedi instead.

Thanked by 1york
  • If you want dedicated cores just get a dedicated server.

• standardlook said: Then how come they claim this on their offer page:

Traffic said: they are dedicated. See the comments here:

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/1328090/#Comment_1328090

We allow to use ordered CPU resources 100%. But we will definitely not allow to abuse it by constant hammering with services like crypto currency mining, video transcoding or any other service who requires fully dedicated environment.

If its a DEDICATED (critical word) then it wouldn't matter if the user was hammering the CPU, because its 'their' CPU to abuse.

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • @GM2015 I don't care about the cores being truly dedicated; I mainly care about the provider not throwing off the client for a CPU usage of around 50%-100%.

• @standardlook said:
    GM2015 I don't care about the cores being truly dedicated; I mainly care about the provider not throwing off the client for a CPU usage of around 50%-100%.

Than just get a OVH.

• Common sense should also prevail:

E5-2630 v3 has 6 cores, two CPU per system - 12 cores.

Lets do the usual bending of reality and say 12 cores == 24 cores because we'll call a thread a core.

You'll have to allocated minimum of 1 'core' for the system, so you have 23 'cores' to sell. So best case they will earn €45.77/month if everyone pays monthly.

I think its 'dedicated' like 'unlimited', maybe the wording should be 1 assigned CPU or 1 available CPU.

• standardlook said: I don't care about the cores being truly dedicated; I mainly care about the provider not throwing off the client for a CPU usage of around 50%-100%.

Well depends what you are doing, see the quote above:

we will definitely not allow to abuse it by constant hammering

• alexnjhalexnjh Member
    edited February 2016

time4vps define dedicated core as
    "able to use up to the number of cores assigned without throttling."

People like me usually define dedicated core as 100% usage 24/7 of the assigned core.

If your looking for a dedicated core which can be abuse to your hearts content maybe your budget is abit low.

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • From my experience, time4vps will throttle the CPU down to 50% cpu frequency if you sustain max cpu use. This is done in steps of 10% every hour.

Thanked by 1standardlook
  • wwabbit said: From my experience, time4vps will throttle the CPU down to 50% cpu frequency if you sustain max cpu use. This is done in steps of 10% every hour.

Not very dedicated then ;)

Thanked by 1TarZZ92
  • @wwabbit said:
    From my experience, time4vps will throttle the CPU down to 50% cpu frequency if you sustain max cpu use. This is done in steps of 10% every hour.

Yes, I'm looking for something with this system. I have rephrased my question.

• Keep in mind that even if you get a dedicated CPU core (thread), the memory bandwidth of the CPU is still shared. So one user with specially designed workload can negatively influence the performance of all other cores / users.

• @standardlook said:
    I have rephrased my question.

>

If you have any dedicated server offers that are less than $3/core and $3/GB of RAM, please post them here also.

How is:

Dual E5420 (8c/8t @ 2.5GHz)
    16GB Ram
    2x500GB HDD or 1TB HDD or 120GB SSD
    10TB @ GigE
    1 IPv4
    Loc: Atlanta

$30/month (slightly over your price), $60/quarter ($20m, under $3/core), $200/yr ($16.67/m, well under $3/core)

We have customers who purchase these in blocks of 5+ machines to just crunch data/crawl the web/etc. Dedicated resources you can throw at something and scale horizontally.

Thanked by 1standardlook
  • @mikeyur said:
    We have customers who purchase these in blocks of 5+ machines to just crunch data/crawl the web/etc. Dedicated resources you can throw at something and scale horizontally.

Do you have SSDs smaller than 120GB that you could offer 2 of included in the price?

• @Traffic said:
    Do you have SSDs smaller than 120GB that you could offer 2 of included in the price?

We don't, no. Just 120GB & 250GB 850 EVOs for the E5420 lineup.

Thanked by 1Traffic
  • @mikeyur said:

Smaller servers would be preferred, but I'll definitely consider that.

• VULTR provides dedicated cores for their "vps" though starting from $5.

Actually even if you get a dedi core vps you probably cannot get its complete performance(better than shared-core ones of course) all the time. Strict IDC may think you were abuse the machine.

If you want to use all resources you've purchase at any time,I recommend you a CLOUD (Computing Instance) like GCE,Vultr,IDCF(jp),etc.

Or get a cheap dedi server.

Thanked by 1standardlook
  • As @MarkTurner pointed out, some quick maths shows that it's unlikely for a provider to offer dedicated cores at the price-point you're expecting.

Generally, for dedicated cores, @drserver's Abusive Cores offerings jump to mind but I guess your budget is too low for those.

I've used Servarica ( @Hani ) in the past and they've been great!
    If they meet your requirements, then give them a try.

Alternatively, your best bet is going for a dedicated server and the cheapest I've seen are often the Atoms sold by Delimiter ( @MarkTurner / @mikeyur)

I cannot comment on Vultr or similar providers but I'm guessing they have their own CPU usage policies that need to be adhered to.

Thanked by 1standardlook
  • @BeardyUnixGuy said:
    Alternatively, your best bet is going for a dedicated server and the cheapest I've seen are often the Atoms sold by Delimiter ( MarkTurner / mikeyur)

No longer being offered anymore.

• @BeardyUnixGuy said:
    As MarkTurner pointed out, some quick maths shows that it's unlikely for a provider to offer dedicated cores at the price-point you're expecting.

Generally, for dedicated cores, drserver's Abusive Cores offerings jump to mind but I guess your budget is too low for those.

I've used Servarica ( Hani ) in the past and they've been great!
    If they meet your requirements, then give them a try.

Alternatively, your best bet is going for a dedicated server and the cheapest I've seen are often the Atoms sold by Delimiter ( MarkTurner / mikeyur)

I cannot comment on Vultr or similar providers but I'm guessing they have their own CPU usage policies that need to be adhered to.

Does drserver still exist? the site is full of errors, most of the products are out of stock and the rest just seem to link to a whmcs that is offline.

• @theroyalstudent said:
    No longer being offered anymore.

That's unfortunate.
    For USA, I guess the next cheapest would be those $10 dedis from places like Wholesale Internet, @AaronW.

@zafouhar said:
    Does drserver still exist? the site is full of errors, most of the products are out of stock and the rest just seem to link to a whmcs that is offline.

@drserver's last active date on LET was '7 Feb 2016'.
    So, I would guess that everything is still running fine.
    Looking at this, there's only 3 products that are sold out.
    Clicking on the order/buy links takes me through to a (functional?) billing module.

• BeardyUnixGuy said: That's unfortunate. For USA, I guess the next cheapest would be those $10 dedis from places like Wholesale Internet.

There are a few alternatives, but the Atom servers cause a tremendous support load because they lack dedicated a KVM which all our other systems have by default.

• @MarkTurner said:

What are you going to do with them now they're legacy products?