Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHMCS License
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHMCS License

jbxljbxl Member
edited January 2013 in General

What is the best place to obtain a WHMCS license that is unbranded? I see a number of resellers that offer it at a discount and I am wondering if anyone can offer a recommendation. I'm looking at price but I am also concerned about long term support. Does support get handled through the company even if you get a resold license or is it handled by the reseller?

Comments

• curtisgcurtisg Banned
    edited January 2013

licensepal.com
    Monthly No-Branding $15.95

• instead of being cheap, just get it from whmcs

• @curtisg Thanks.

• @gubbyte said: just get it from whmcs

thats a dumb idea, why pay more when you can get a license for less? I'd pick the cheap option.

• BK_BK_ Member

As far as I know, support is generally handled through WHMCS directly. Some resellers may offer separate assistance though.

I'd recommend licensepal.com - http://licensepal.com/products/whmcs.php

• curtisgcurtisg Banned
    edited January 2013

@jbxl said: @curtisg Thanks.

@jbxl no problem
    Personally what I ended up doing is getting one from licensepal, then paying like $7 I think for live support module, I was all set.

• @curtisg said: thats a dumb idea, why pay more when you can get a license for less? I'd pick the cheap option.

yeah, because a real business is seriously going to cry about sacrificing $3 a month

• @gubbyte said: yeah, because a real business is seriously going to cry about sacrificing $3 a month

You'd be surprised how many people buy from WHMCS resellers.

• @gubbyte. I get the sentiment and I'm not going to cry over $3, but at the same time if I can spend $3 more toward something else for having spent 5 minutes asking someone its time well spent.

• BK_BK_ Member

@jbxl said: I get the sentiment and I'm not going to cry over $3, but at the same time if I can spend $3 more toward something else for having spent 5 minutes asking someone its time well spent.

Agreed! Works out to $36/hour if you look at it that way ;)

Nothing wrong with saving a buck or two here and there.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

If you are buying monthy do it through a reseller such as licensepal.

However If you are buying owned. Do it through whmcs.com . They do not allow transfers of owned licenses that are resold unless it is through their own site.

If you look on WHT you can see owned licenses being sold for a pretty good price later down the road.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Owned license is worth it. Highly recommend that route.

• @Fliphost I I didn't know the transfer rule and its good to know. Thanks.

@jarland owned license is definitely the goal but initially I need to pay a lease. Cashflow is king.

• @curtisg said: thats a dumb idea, why pay more when you can get a license for less? I'd pick the cheap option.

There are two advantages from buying it from WHMCS directly:
    1) You can opt into their Reseller Program which requires that you have 1 active license with them directly (owned licenses need to have active support)
    2) You can request a "Dev" license which is useful for developers.

• ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider

I think we actually got our owned license from licensepal. The paid for supports and upgrades through whmcs directly.

• @KMyers I will keep in mind the reseller program. Thanks for the pointer.

• I agree that it's better to obtain your owned WHMCS license only directly from WHMCS. I can't see any other purchase possibility which is worth considering.

• Buying it through LP lands you the exact same thing, you get support from WHMCS directly, not LP.

The only thing I've so far been told 'no' on is the developer license, but I didn't try my luck with WHMCS with that. LP wasn't sure and asked to make sure on the other side.

• @Wintereise said: The only thing I've so far been told 'no' on is the developer license, but I didn't try my luck with WHMCS with that. LP wasn't sure and asked to make sure on the other side.

That's correct, dev license only available through WHMCS if you hold an owned license also license isn't transferrable so you can't sell it on after.

• Ah, I see.

We'll see what we can come up with, thanks for the info.