Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NixStats down again
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NixStats down again

gleertgleert Member, Host Rep

@vfuse Nixstats seems to be down again...

Comments

• yup, It's not just you! http://nixstats.com looks down from here.
    http://isup.me/nixstats.com

• But I just got notification from nixstat my website down :p

I can login to nixstat right now. We need some patience

• Demand your money back.

Thanked by 3ATHK netomx jvnadr
  • working for me.

• Guys its an BETA product

but Refund is always available as an Option /jk

• For more stable there is pingdom and statuspage.io

Yup, time to ask refund!!!

• Ok this looks kinky

• Pop-tarts SLA?

• Did NixStats confirm that NixStats is down?

• vfusevfuse Member, Host Rep

I'm not really sure what happened but the VPS that the dashboard was hosted on was switched off after almost a year of uptime. I would've caught it earlier but was on the way.

@wwabbit said:
    Did NixStats confirm that NixStats is down?

Yes, yes it did :)

• Guys please

It's a beta product that you're getting for free. It's possible that his main node is busy. You'll experience some heavy lag when using it.

• I did a chargeback. What do these nixstats guys think who they are! ;)

• gleertgleert Member, Host Rep

@simonindia I know it's a beta product! I am really happy with the product, Vincent knows it and I am happy to pay for it once it's out of beta. As I use it a lot, it seems I am the first to notice it's down... I just want NixStats to be the best monitoring product. Therefore downtime needs to be minimal to none.

• gleert said: As I use it a lot, it seems I am the first to notice it's down... I just want NixStats to be the best monitoring product. Therefore downtime needs to be minimal to none.

So you should probably have emailed him if that really was your intention. I think his email might even be on the login page.

ITT: Reason NixStats will have to price themselves out of the LET crowd.

• Sigh. And I was actually a fan of @vfuse creative use of OVH new cloud(/vps-ssd?) offerings.

@vfuse Do post some sort of RFO about how you engineered around the platform's weaknesses, once this is sorted out.

I'll consider that SLA in knowledge points. ;)

It's a very compelling platform w.r.t cheap RAM and IOPS .

• @gleert said:
    simonindia I know it's a beta product! I am really happy with the product, Vincent knows it and I am happy to pay for it once it's out of beta. As I use it a lot, it seems I am the first to notice it's down... I just want NixStats to be the best monitoring product. Therefore downtime needs to be minimal to none.

I posted the screen shot because first I'm a sucker for posting screen shots of everything

and other thing is you have opened two threads both about Nixstats being down i have seen that kind of strategy before

but as you said you are the first one to notice its down both times because you use it a lot that's ok

I apologize if i offended you

have a great day

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • gleertgleert Member, Host Rep

@Kris > So you should probably have emailed him if that really was your intention. I think his email might even be on the login page.

Lately he hasn't been very responsive to emails...

@simonindia > I apologize if i offended you

Apology accepted, thanks

• Looks like @vfuse is abusing OVH vps ressources :P

• vfusevfuse Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2016

@vimalware said:
    Sigh. And I was actually a fan of vfuse creative use of OVH new cloud(/vps-ssd?) offerings.

vfuse Do post some sort of RFO about how you engineered around the platform's weaknesses, once this is sorted out.

I'll consider that SLA in knowledge points. ;)

It's a very compelling platform w.r.t cheap RAM and IOPS .

As soon as Nixstats goes into production it will have a HA setup on the dashboard as well to make sure you can always have access to your stats.

@Kris said:

I'll try to work out some kind of plan that works for LET, most users from LET told me that a $1 per server per month price point would work. The lower end in the server monitoring industry is about $5-10 and goes up to $150 per server per month. I hope I can offering something at least for beta users at less than $5 per server per month.

tr1cky said: Looks like @vfuse is abusing OVH vps ressources :P

>

Pretty happy with power that OVH provides on their low end nodes. Just using not abusing ;)

Thanked by 1Kris
  • vfuse said: I'll try to work out some kind of plan that works for LET, most users from LET told me that a $1 per server per month price point would work. The lower end in the server monitoring industry is about $5-10 and goes up to $150 per server per month. I hope I can offering something at least for beta users at less than $5 per server per month.

$1/low end server sounds about right.

Remember, there are servers being monitored that are $1/mo.

Not saying it's a brilliant price tier, but if you don't want to price yourself out of the LET crowd, gotta remember that $1 for some users is the cost of the server being monitored :)

Great SaaS, I'll be using it regardless.

Thanked by 2netomx vfuse