Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Review blog cms ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Review blog cms ?

looking to start a simple blog no WordPress . any cms or blog software you can recommend that can be easily themed ? and potentially less vulnerable ?

or do YOU recommend WordPress ?
if wp then what plugins you generally use ?

Comments

• I love WP. I think this is best for blog. I generally use Theme my login, Wordpress SEO by Youst, Tiny MCE advanced, if there is any form then contact form seven, user registration extra field. Also you can use WP User Frontend Pro if you want user can post from frontend and will not go to dashbaord.
    first three I used all of my developed websites.

Thanked by 1Caster
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Add in something like Wordfence if you're worried about security. Otherwise the usual rules apply: avoid dodgy plugins, keep your stuff up to date, use good passwords, have strong security on the box outside WP, etc.

Ghost is more resource-intensive since you're standing up NodeJS. You won't see nearly the range of themes for it since it's newer.