Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No filesystems with quota detected (cPanel)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

No filesystems with quota detected (cPanel)

ftnftn Member
edited February 2016 in Requests

I have a problem with my client OpenVZ VPS. He is running cPanel. However all of his accounts are showing UNLIMITED Disk Space.

Did run "/scripts/fixquotas -force" and its showing something like bellow for all accounts:
==================================================
Resetting quota for wittyswi to 5000 M
edquota: Cannot stat() mounted device simfs: No such file or directory
No filesystems with quota detected.
==================================================

In the Main Dedicated server I run the following command to activate second level quotas:
==========================
vzctl stop 101
vzctl set 101 --quotaugidlimit 3000 --setmod restart --save
vzctl start 101
==========================

But sill all cPanel accounts are having unlimited disk space.

Any provider experience same situation? If you have any solution to fix the problem, please suggest. Thank you.

Thanked by 1imchandave

Comments

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Which kernel are you using? The latest 042stab113.11 has some issues with second level quotas inside simfs containers. One way to resolve this is to convert disk image to ploop.

Alexander

• You need to remove "Unlimited" tick on package edit menu. Located WHM>Packages> Edit packages.

Then check package limits. It will show given limitations. But the thing is, even if cPanel shows Unlimited disk space and etc... It's really limited depends on your specifications. Overselling tsk tsk...

• @AlexanderM Here is the kernel.

[root@altavista ~]# uname -r
    2.6.32-042stab113.11

@ftn said:
    AlexanderM Here is the kernel.

[root@altavista ~]# uname -r
    2.6.32-042stab113.11

The next version (still under testing) has a fix for quotas. https://openvz.org/Download/kernel/rhel6-testing/042stab113.12

Alexander

Thanked by 1ftn
  • n1kkon1kko Member
    edited February 2016

Have you tried this?
    rm /dev/root

ln -s /dev/sda /dev/root

• @WHT

Yes have a double check for them already...

http://pastebin.com/2Fw6um0q

But still no luck :(

• @AlexanderM Thanks Sir, you really helping me. I was getting worried, because everything I doing right but this was not fixing the issue.

I have a question. When OpenVZ release this new kernel, how can I upgrade to it? Just by running "yum update" in the main server?

@ftn said:
    AlexanderM Thanks Sir, you really helping me. I was getting worried, because everything I doing right but this was not fixing the issue.

I have a question. When OpenVZ release this new kernel, how can I upgrade to it? Just by running "yum update" in the main server?

Correct.

Alexander

Thanked by 1ftn
  • PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

ftn said: my client

You actually have clients? You do the work for free right? They actually pay you.

Thanked by 1Jazzy8999
  • look at that signature

Fully Managed VPS Server at $10/mo

Fully managed yeah Fully managed for real powered by people on LEB for free.

• @tommy said:
    look at that signature

> Fully Managed VPS Server at $10/mo
    > 

Fully managed yeah Fully managed for real powered by people on LEB for free.

Fully managed by a guy that has no fucking clue..

• tommy said: Fully managed yeah Fully managed for real powered by people on LEB for free.

Better start seeing some pop-tarts or no more help

Thanked by 2Traffic tommy
  • PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

ftn said: Currently working With a 12 Years Old Provider. Reselling SingleHop Chicago Location Fully Managed VPS Server at $10/mo. (1GB ram-2 core-50GB DiskSpace-1TB b/w) ... PM me for Details (:

Who the fuck hired you? Do they know that LET is your help desk? LOL

• 12 year old means that the owner is 12 years old.

• DamianDamian Member
    edited March 2016

042stab113.17 was released today

Since 042stab113.11:
    Second-level quota in simfs containers was broken in 042stab113.x kernels. (OVZ-6655)

Gogogogogogoggogogogogog

• Who the fuck hired you, your company is shit like wtf how are you any different from him with your default ass website trying to be somebody on LET lol get the fuck kid.