Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wholesale Internet - My experience..
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Wholesale Internet - My experience..

Where should I begin?

Okay, back in September I signed up to a OnraHost reseller plan but, since it didn’t suit my needs (location wise) I asked for a full refund the next day. Unknown to me, a representative of OnraHost left a FraudRecord report about me. Enough about the past, let’s get back to the present.

A few days ago, I wanted to sign up to Wholesale Internet and get the $10 server! It was a good price with a good company, or so it seemed. I paid for the server but soon later it was cancelled and marked as fraud. I questioned this as I didn’t know about the FraudRecord report. A member on these forums made me aware of the report so I contacted OnraHost about it. Zack from OnraHost was so nice and friendly about it and got it removed for me and even attempted to explain the situation to Wholesale Internet.

Today, I contacted Wholesale Internet back stating the record has been removed and sent a copy of mine and OnraHosts ticket. They’ve turned round and basically told me to find someone else as their system has restricted me and that they can’t unblock me for some reason. I asked for a re-review but that was declined also.

It hasn’t been a good experience with them and I was just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience with them or someone similar?

-David

Comments

• So basically you "WERE" marked as fraud ?
    and NOT anymore ? for them it's shady enough to pass .

• @Caster said:
    So basically you "WERE" marked as fraud ?
    and NOT anymore ? for them it's shady enough to pass .

Sorry, I didn't make it clear. I was marked as fraud but that was a mistake which has now been rectified. Sorry about that.

• entrailzentrailz Member, Host Rep

Pretty sure this has happened to quite a few people, it also means you may not be able to buy under their other company Datashack.

• Hi David,

I've been red flagged since birth and blocked on PayPal, eBay, Disqus, Lionbridge, Twitter + a few more and also had to submit most of my family and identity documents to get an account for the most basic of services (like Netflix) on the basis that I'm European but not EU European which companies view as shady by itself.

I'm also prohibited by law to own shares and valuable metals in any country outside my own. When I was 18 I bought Google shares and had to explain myself to the police chief.

What you've felt is nothing my friend. Wholesale internet are great.

Thanked by 1Caster
  • ManofServer said: When I was 18 I bought Google shares and had to explain myself to the police chief.

Dafuq, in which fucked-up country do you live?

Thanked by 2netomx Mark_R
  • @ManofServer said:
    Hi David,

I've been red flagged since birth and blocked on PayPal, eBay, Disqus, Lionbridge, Twitter + a few more and also had to submit most of my family and identity documents to get an account for the most basic of services (like Netflix) on the basis that I'm European but not EU European which companies view as shady by itself.

I'm also prohibited by law to own shares and valuable metals in any country outside my own. When I was 18 I bought Google shares and had to explain myself to the police chief.

What you've felt is nothing my friend. Wholesale internet are great.

That sounds a little extreme... Where on earth do you live?! :)

• @entrailz said:
    Pretty sure this has happened to quite a few people, it also means you may not be able to buy under their other company Datashack.

It's just annoying that they won't re-review. I've done nothing wrong! :)

• They've deemed you a chargeback risk/time waster, the initial FR report was enough for them to pass permanently.

• @mikeyur said:
    They've deemed you a chargeback risk/time waster, the initial FR report was enough for them to pass permanently.

But it was a mistake and OnraHost attempted to explain this to them..

• I have a degree of sympathy for WHS for these presumably low-margin/loss leader servers, I can understand why they might be somewhat strict with regard to fraud-flagged orders; it's a shame that they can't be more flexible after the fact, but even manually reviewing fraud-marked accounts has a time and cost attached to it, and maybe that's out of scope for their business model.

Ultimately, the one you should be disappointed with it either yourself for getting flagged in the first place, or Onrahost for flagging you.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • entrailzentrailz Member, Host Rep

I agree with Nekki, the time it takes them to review you again for the $10 server is probably a loss of money for them.

• @Nekki said:
    I have a degree of sympathy for WHS for these presumably low-margin/loss leader servers, I can understand why they might be somewhat strict with regard to fraud-flagged orders; it's a shame that they can't be more flexible after the fact, but even manually reviewing fraud-marked accounts has a time and cost attached to it, and maybe that's out of scope for their business model.

Ultimately, the one you should be disappointed with it either yourself for getting flagged in the first place, or Onrahost for flagging you.

I totally understand their side of the story and know why they would want to be so strict with it.
    I should be annoyed with OnraHost, as Zack (OnraHost Rep) said, that report shouldn't have even been made in the first place but, Zack has been very nice and friendly to me and has helped get it removed. It's just an unfortunate loss for me now..

• @david_reid said:
    I totally understand their side of the story and know why they would want to be so strict with it. I should be annoyed with OnraHost, as Zack (OnraHost Rep) said, that report shouldn't have even been made in the first place but, Zack has been very nice and friendly to me and has helped get it removed. It's just an unfortunate loss for me now..

Basically Onrahost owe you a $10/month server now then.

Thanked by 2netomx Mark_R
  • @david_reid at a 10$ server the risk of you being further fraud out wights the possible income of 10$/month.

Effectively those 10$ servers are commonly targeted for abuse so they are very picky.

Personally I am glad they blocked you and others from getting the server that way the whole IP space doesn't get totally trashed.

Enjoy!

Thanked by 2k0nsl netomx
  • @Nekki said:
    Basically Onrahost owe you a $10/month server now then.

@OnraHost ? :)

• SSDBlazeSSDBlaze Member, Host Rep

Maybe you should ask Wholesaleinternet if they will re-review you if you went with a $15 or $25 server :)

I don't think that would work though. Looks like you are permanently locked out of wholesaleinternet and datashack.

• Can someone tell me if Wholesale providers any ipv6 on their $10 preconfig servers?

• @sin said:
    Can someone tell me if Wholesale providers any ipv6 on their $10 preconfig servers?

According to their Website Nope

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @david_reid In such a cheap service for the value, there is not even a single inch of flexibility. Even handling tickets and the time to actual look about the fraud mistake, cannot be tolerated and be worthy for the amount of this service cost. So, you are just unlucky, their system has marked you as potential fraud and it will be so difficult to convince them that you are not, because they will not give the time needed to search it.

sin said: Can someone tell me if Wholesale providers any ipv6 on their $10 preconfig servers?

Those service are as is. Not a single modification on those specs because (as they have been told me in a similar question about one of my servers) the servers are ready on the racks and sold as is to reduce handling costs.

• jvnadr said: Those service are as is

By luck I checked out their WHT listing and sure enough they do offer a /64 ipv6 block on those servers :)

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1550108

• So basically what you are saying is that its a good idea to avoid OnraHost?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@simonindia said:

Outsourced to HE.

• @JoeMerit said:
    So basically what you are saying is that its a good idea to avoid OnraHost?

Not necessarily; the listing could have been the OP's fault.

• @JoeMerit said:
    So basically what you are saying is that its a good idea to avoid OnraHost?

It was an honest mistake, I believe.

• david_reid said: It was an honest mistake, I believe.

Sure, putting someone on fraudrecord for asking for a refund, even though they advertise a 90 day refund policy... an honest mistake.

• >

Outsourced to HE.

sorry i don't understand

• starservicesstarservices Member
    edited February 2016

I feel for you mate but you got so many people the industry trying fuck providers over its really common so I can understand why they can be sceptic, as I assume something didn't match for you to get caught in their fraud system.

• AaronWAaronW Member, Patron Provider

Low end boxes attract a lot of low end fraud. On the $10 servers, everything is automated. There are 4 fraud checks on order and if you don't pass one, you're out.

That being said, if you're willing to try again and again and take the time to go to a forum and ask for help, you're probably not a super big risk.

Shoot me an email at [email protected] and I'll push you through the fraud system.

Thanked by 2vimalware david_reid
  • AaronWAaronW Member, Patron Provider

@sin said:
    Can someone tell me if Wholesale providers any ipv6 on their $10 preconfig servers?

We do. The blanks on the website have been corrected.

Thanked by 1sin
  • how much is cpanel license price on WSI ?