Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can no longer use 1 IP for nameservers at 1and1..
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Can no longer use 1 IP for nameservers at 1and1..

So 1and1 changed there stuff. It will NOT allow me to do NS1. & NS2.mydomain to 1 IP address. Which will cause issues for when wanting more than ONE domain on my VPS. It wont let you use the same server ip for each nameserver. I guess its time to move my final last domain from them.

Comments

• FrecyboyFrecyboy Member
    edited February 2016

hyelton said: I guess its time to move my final last domain from them.

You're late. But I guess no one cares about 1&1 anyway.

Thanked by 3HuntersPad netomx ATHK
  • @Frecyboy said:
    You're late. But I guess no one cares about 1&1 anyway.

Opps lol. Nope they're junk. Only reason I have domains there was 99 cent for a year then I usually move them away. And they usually take 5 days to release the freaking domain to transfer it.

• I can setup free DNS for your domains if you want

@hyelton said:
    Opps lol. Nope they're junk. Only reason I have domains there was 99 cent for a year then I usually move them away. And they usually take 5 days to release the freaking domain to transfer it.

• cheap transferr in register.it this days

• GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited February 2016

Just cname your second domain for the time being or put a fake one.

hyelton said: Opps lol. Nope they're junk. Only reason I have domains there was 99 cent for a year then I usually move them away. And they usually take 5 days to release the freaking domain to transfer it.

• First time I've heard of 1&1 doing something sensible...

• 1&1 are horrific though...

Thanked by 1HuntersPad
  • CloudFlare DNS

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

GM2015 said: Just cname your second domain for the time being or put a fake one.

I'm guessing he's doing custom nameservers where you need to set the IP for each ns. But I don't know...

tehdan said: First time I've heard of 1&1 doing something sensible...

Not sure this is really sensible. Best practice is to have your nameservers on different IPs - different servers in different locations ideally of course. But requiring it is the registrar reaching down to dictate how someone should run their infrastructure which is not fair. If I have some crappy site and want to put my nameservers, webservers, mail server, and everything else on some LowEndVPS, that should be my decision, not the registrars'.

• @raindog308 said:

Will using ns1 my main IP and ns2 an IPv6 address be fine? Thats what Im currently using now, and it seems to be working.