Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap Dedicated Server / VPS Resource Bundle
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap Dedicated Server / VPS Resource Bundle

Hello again!

I'm looking for something very cheap for my own personal use. Budget is around $10 (£7-8 GBP) per month.

I was looking at wholesale internets cheap $10 Intel Core Duo server but, my order was incorrectly marked as fraud and they won't re-review it. I've just been told to find another service provider..

So, as close to the UK as possible. 4GB RAM + would be nice. HDD doesn't have to be massive.

Thanks everyone!

Kind Regards
David

Comments

• Wable Bundle #3 + Powerboost?

• century1stopcentury1stop Member
    edited February 2016

online.net France VIA nano 7 euro

• century1stop said: online.net France VIA nano 7 euro

Which isn't available and only has half the preferred RAM.

Thanked by 1cassa
  • century1stopcentury1stop Member
    edited February 2016

oops forgot bout RAM, available from oneprovider w/o setup.

@Nekki said:
    Which isn't available and only has half the preferred RAM.

• bacloudbacloud Member, Patron Provider

kimsufi series? KS-2A Atom™ N2800 640 2c / 4t 1.8 GHz+ 4 GB 1 TB 100 Mbps /128 € 9.99 excl. VAT It is out of stock, just try to wait a little bit.

• AndreixAndreix Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2016

snipped

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited February 2016

Andreix said: Hello there,

Please take a look at our new KVM SSD plans from here: https://www.cuntsrus.com :)

Thank you.

Flagged for spam. Neither a resource pool nor dedicated server, nor anything like the resources requested. Disgraceful.

• https://servdiscount.com/ watch there from time to time they do get amd's with 1000gb hdd and 4gb ram 9,99€ location Germany. Also this https://www.worldstream.nl/special.php you can grab 9,99€ better then you wanted, but you need to pay for 6 months I think.

• @david_reid said:

Why not go with a UK provider, if you are from UK,

https://www.poundhost.com it is in your budget.

Thanked by 1hostnoob
  • Hey David,
    There's no resource pools but it's just as good as a 'resource pool', you can upgrade / downgrade your chosen plan at anytime and since it's billed hourly there isn't any contractual obligations.

Feel free to check us out and let me know if you have any questions.

@david_reid said:
    Hello again!

I'm looking for something very cheap for my own personal use. Budget is around $10 (£7-8 GBP) per month.

I was looking at wholesale internets cheap $10 Intel Core Duo server but, my order was incorrectly marked as fraud and they won't re-review it. I've just been told to find another service provider..

So, as close to the UK as possible. 4GB RAM + would be nice. HDD doesn't have to be massive.

Thanks everyone!

Kind Regards
    David

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • Jacob said: Hey David, There's no resource pools but it's just as good as a 'resource pool', you can upgrade / downgrade your chosen plan at anytime and since it's billed hourly there isn't any contractual obligations.

How is that 'just as good as a resource pool'?

Seriously, WTF is wrong with providers, coming out with any old shit just to make a sale.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2016

We offer resource pools. Have an NYC location coming online shortly (1-2 weeks) that might provide decent connectivity to the UK, depending where you are.

• As another idea, speak to @AlexBarakov, he did me a custom resource pool in the UK & Bulgaria. I haven't actually done anything major with it yet so I can't vouch for quality, but it's an option you may want to look at.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • JacobJacob Member
    edited February 2016

What's different?

Plan upgrades / downgrades can be performed, Add/Delete IPs on demand, upgrade cpu cores.

I do get where you're coming from but in terms of a service which is billed per hour and can be deleted at any time.. What is different?

Or rather... What's missing.

@Nekki said:
    Seriously, WTF is wrong with providers, coming out with any old shit just to make a sale.

• Jacob said: What's different?

Plan upgrades / downgrades can be performed, Add/Delete IPs on demand, upgrade cpu cores.

I do get where you're coming from but in terms of a service which is billed per hour and can be deleted at any time.. What is different?

A resource pool allows you to slice up a set of resources however you like within set parameters. That means lots of different combinations available in terms of CPU/RAM/HDD to suit a specific need.

According to your site you have 4 restrictive KVM plans that offer very little flexibility in terms of resource. Want more than 2GB RAM? Got to buy the most expensive plan. Want more than 1 core? Got to buy plan 3.

If you think those two scenarios aren't different, you're a helmet.

1. I fully understand that.
    2. Refer to my previous post, cpu limits and cores are individually amendable, everything is amendable.

Never the less, I don't want to get into a pissing contest, I have a genuine interest in expanding our offerings so resource pools are something to look into going forward.

@Nekki said:
    If you think those two scenarios aren't different, you're a helmet.

• quadhostquadhost Member
    edited February 2016

https://quadhost.net/account/cart.php?gid=26 , we can also offer custom pools if required. To discuss it further feel free to open a sales ticket.

• Jacob said: Refer to my previous post, cpu limits and cores are individually amendable, everything is amendable.

Sorry, confused. EVERYTHING is amendable, or just CPU limits and cores?

Seriously, your website explains none of this properly and apparently you can't either.

• Nekki said: Wable Bundle #3 + Powerboost?

Where can I find this 'Powerboost'?

Thanks

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited February 2016

@david_reid

Need more for free? Get 2 additional CPUs/VPS, 4GB additional RAM, and 30GB additional SSD storage by clicking here: https://wable.com/powerboost/camp-fb8-23 (only works on Bundle #3 or higher). Click the link, sign up at wable, choose bundle 3 or higher, pay for your bundle, then come back here and click the powerboost link again, you will see your resources increase).

Thanked by 2david_reid Wolf
  • Have you used Wable before and would you recommend? That fast is support etc?

• entrailzentrailz Member, Host Rep

@david_reid said:
    Have you used Wable before and would you recommend? That fast is support etc?

If I'm not mistaken their parent company is Incero?

Thanked by 1david_reid
  • Their support staff is approx. Aldryic ^ 20.

• david_reid said: Have you used Wable before and would you recommend? That fast is support etc?

Right, so here's the thing; Wable is good quality stuff, and if the network/node fucks up, they're on it and they'll get things fixed quick. What they have zero tolerance for is hand-holding and helping you to set stuff up; you may very quickly find your account closed and money refunded if they deem you to be too technically deficient to manage a server on your own.

If you're the sort of person who only ever contacts a provider to report an outage, you'll be fine. If you like touchy-feely-goes-the-extra-mile sort of providers, probably not for you.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @david_reid said:
    Have you used Wable before and would you recommend? That fast is support etc?

Support is fast if you have a real issue that's their problem to fix, they're friendly & quickly resolve it. If you need hand holding, you're gonna have a bad time...

• I definitely have the technical knowledge so I'm fine then! :-) I only contact the provider when it's something I can't access / their side. Gonna sign up shortly! Thanks guys.

• @david_reid said:
    I definitely have the technical knowledge so I'm fine then! :-) I only contact the provider when it's something I can't access / their side. Gonna sign up shortly! Thanks guys.

From memory they do a 30 day no questions asked money back guarantee, so you're safe. Just remember snapshots are billed and are automatically enabled, so turn them off if you don't need them and you don't want to be charged.

• @Nekki said:
    From memory they do a 30 day no questions asked money back guarantee, so you're safe. Just remember snapshots are billed and are automatically enabled, so turn them off if you don't need them and you don't want to be charged.

Thank You! Just turned them off now! :)

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

@Nekki said:
    As another idea, speak to AlexBarakov, he did me a custom resource pool in the UK & Bulgaria. I haven't actually done anything major with it yet so I can't vouch for quality, but it's an option you may want to look at.

Thank you! I can offer some free trials on those bundles if anyone is interested. BG and UK locations, pure SSD.

Thanked by 2vimalware Junkless