Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Interesting way to try and spam
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Interesting way to try and spam

kalamkalam Member
edited January 2013 in General

Only use this email account when signing up with providers, should I assume someone sold it? Oh ya, I also have it tied to this account, could they have got it from here?

vpsoffer7

Reported it for abuse.

Comments

• It would not surprise me if you ran across a provider with balls enough to do that. I know in a few experiences a long while back when I had purchased from some less reputable providers on WHT that I did end up getting random SMS messages spamming me as well as more e-mail spam in my mail box after purchasing. I can say, that as far as providers with an established reputation here, I doubt they would have sold your info, but some other providers you might find on WHT and the like with the too good to be true prices, might. Always check the TOS and AUP to see if they say anything about being able to provide your information to a third party, on a few occasions I have run into providers where they even state in their TOS that they can and will sell your info. Another reason you should always read the TOS/AUP.

Cheers!

• Also got this email.

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

wait to get one :)

• Maybe someone sniffed your email addy from another VPS at a provider?