Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our newsletter

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

Latest LowEndBox Offers

    Happy Chinese New Year! / Happy Lunar New Year!
    New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

    Happy Chinese New Year! / Happy Lunar New Year!

    Comments

    • Happy Chinese New Year!!

    • Happy Chinese New Year!

      Typical guy alexneo.net

      Peering AS135103

    • IshaqIshaq Member, Provider

      I ordered something from China and they haven't dispatched it yet.

      Now I have to wait an entire week for someone to even look at my ticket :(

      Happy new year!

      [BudgetNode] DDoS Protected. 7 Locations (US/EU). Check out our latest offer!
    • ALinuxNinjaALinuxNinja Member
      edited February 2016

      @Ishaq said:
      I ordered something from China and they haven't dispatched it yet.

      Now I have to wait an entire week for someone to even look at my ticket :(

      Happy new year!

      Lol, ordering anything from china takes 1-3 months to get here

      Devops Consultant | GitHub

    • 恭喜发财!

      。。。

      红包拿来 (VPS 也可以)

      Thanked by 1ALinuxNinja

      My comments are mine and mine alone, and do not reflect the opinion of my business and operations. Ex-wellknown shitposter.

    • Happy New Chinese Year!

      On a serious note, I'm waiting 30+ days for a new gearset for my motorcycle, and just got word from the supplier that they needed just a few more days to ship it out, unfortunately those few days will be done after a whole week of celebrations, so I expect shipment like on the 15th or 16th D:

    • I am so happy I ordered my new Thinkpad when I did...

    • Silvenga said: I am so happy I ordered my new Thinkpad when I did...

      Which series?

    • Happy Chinese New Year!

    • Kung hei fat choi. Where is my lai see?

    • @n0my said:
      Kung hei fat choi. Where is my lai see?

      Where's my free server??!?

      Thanked by 1n0my

      My comments are mine and mine alone, and do not reflect the opinion of my business and operations. Ex-wellknown shitposter.

    • Im not married so give me lai see in form of leb server ;)

    • Is any Chinese here married? I would like to get a free annual VPS from you :)

      My comments are mine and mine alone, and do not reflect the opinion of my business and operations. Ex-wellknown shitposter.

    • Upon Googling the holiday, married couples give red pockets with money in them.

      Of course, how rude of me to not ask for my free annual dedicated server? :p

      wget https://s.flamz.pw/dl/bench.sh && bash bench.sh

      curl https://s.flamz.pw/analytics/bench/stats.php

    • @FlamesRunner said:
      Of course, how rude of me to not ask for my free annual dedicated server? :p

      That's way too little to ask for! You should ask for free lifetime dedicated server! :p

      Thanked by 1FlamesRunner

      My comments are mine and mine alone, and do not reflect the opinion of my business and operations. Ex-wellknown shitposter.

    • Happy Chinese New Year 2016. Gong Xi Fa Cai.

    • There is no such thing is Chinese new year guys!!! Don't be mistaken by the "Chinese new year" propaganda. The correct way to say is "Happy Lunar New Year!". The Chinese is not the only one that celebrating this new year. There are other country in Asia that are celebrating the Lunar New Year, such as Singapore, Taiwan, Vietnam etc...

      The Chinese tend to think they own the world. They share the Lunar new year with a lot of other country in term of "culture aspect". So they decided to call it Chinese New Year :). I laugh by this so hard when people here say "Happy Chinese New Year". I told my coworkers, the Chinese aren't own the Lunar new year :). They can celebrating it with everyone else, by saying "Happy Lunar New Year!".

      Cheers!

      Thanked by 1manlivo
    • @TheZealous said:
      There is no such thing is Chinese new year guys!!! Don't be mistaken by the "Chinese new year" propaganda. The correct way to say is "Happy Lunar New Year!". The Chinese is not the only one that celebrating this new year. There are other country in Asia that are celebrating the Lunar New Year, such as Singapore, Taiwan, Vietnam etc...

      The Chinese tend to think they own the world. They share the Lunar new year with a lot of other country in term of "culture aspect". So they decided to call it Chinese New Year :). I laugh by this so hard when people here say "Happy Chinese New Year". I told my coworkers, the Chinese aren't own the Lunar new year :). They can celebrating it with everyone else, by saying "Happy Lunar New Year!".

      Cheers!

      Ah, typical Singaporeans like me take it as " Chinese New Year", but we refer to "Chinese" as a race, not a nationality, in this context :)

      Lunar New Year just doesn't seem to be very familiar to me anyway.

      My comments are mine and mine alone, and do not reflect the opinion of my business and operations. Ex-wellknown shitposter.

    • TheZealousTheZealous Member
      edited February 2016

      @theroyalstudent said:
      Lunar New Year just doesn't seem to be very familiar to me anyway.

      Like I said previously. The Chinese thought they owned this world. So they decided to name almost everything and anything they shared with other Asian countries. "Chinese New year" is one of them. "Chinese calendar" is another one. They probably claim that they invented the rice tree as well. Freaking Chinese everything.

    • XIAOSpider97XIAOSpider97 Member, Provider

      TheZealous said: "Chinese calendar" is another one.

      农历 = Lunar Calendar, but some people add "Chinese" before "Lunar".

      Pump Cloud has been sold on Sep 1 2018.

    • @TheZealous said:

      Interesting point. You thought the Chinese thought that but did they really think what you thought they thought? Soon we will be calling American born Chinese as "American born lunar" because they are us citizens now.

    • @msg7086 said:
      Interesting point. You thought the Chinese thought that but did they really think what you thought they thought?

      Well, as far as I can see, they spread out the word to the world today and seems like everyone refer to Lunar New Year is Chinese new year... So you think of that and let me know if they thought what I thought about that... For those who are Chinese that were "escaped" from the communists control in China to the USA, I am happy for them. We usually referred to them as Chinese American (if they hold a citizenship with the US".

    • MadMad Member, Provider

      Happy Chinese New Year!

    • msg7086msg7086 Member
      edited February 2016

      @TheZealous said:

      And just a FYI, Chinese calendar and Lunar calendar are different things. If you ever read the wikipedia, on the very top of the page Chinese calendar it says that the topic is not about Lunar calendar. And you can also find the same notice on the latter telling you it's not the former one.

    • And yes you can also find the difference between Lunar New Year and Chinese New Year on Wikipedia, if interested.

    • @msg7086 said:
      And just a FYI, Chinese calendar and Lunar calendar are different things. If you ever read the wikipedia, on the very top of the page Chinese calendar it says that the topic is not about Lunar calendar. And you can also find the same notice on the latter telling you it's not the former one.

      I don't see on the very top of the page where it stated that Chinese calendar and Lunar calendar are different thing as you mention. I however, found out that Chinese calendar is in fact lunisolar, which mean the Chinese steal the idea of Lunar Calendar and start calling it the "Chinese Calendar". If you read the 2 articles below in English, the first article stated that Chinese calendar is a lunisolar calendar... The 2nd article telling us what Lunar Calendar is all about, but doesn't mention that Lunar Calendar is Chinese Calendar. Just want to make the point! :).

      "The Chinese calendar is a lunisolar calendar which reckons years, months and days according to astronomical phenomena."

      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_calendar

      and

      "Most calendars referred to as "lunar" calendars are in fact lunisolar calendars."
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_calendar

    • @TheZealous said:

      A bit too hard for you to understand?

      And lunar calendar is just a way of creating calendar by observing the lunar phases. I'd assume the moon is a shared resource of mankind and anyone can observer the lunar phases and create their own copy of calendar, thus Chinese calendar, Hindu calendar, Korean calendar, and more variations all over the world. If someone holds a patent on the ways of creating a variation of lunar calendar, please share with us.

    • 새해 복 많이 받으세요. 설날 축하해요.

      ...
      ...

    • @TheZealous said:
      For those who are Chinese that were "escaped" from the communists control in China to the USA, I am happy for them. We usually referred to them as Chinese American (if they hold a citizenship with the US".

      Now they are under Marxist control lol

    • LET. A unique place.

      "Actually, throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart.", Stephen Hawking, 2017. Join the Amitz party here.

    • TheZealousTheZealous Member
      edited February 2016

      @msg7086 said:
      And lunar calendar is just a way of creating calendar by observing the lunar phases. I'd assume the moon is a shared resource of mankind and anyone can observer the lunar phases and create their own copy of calendar, thus Chinese calendar, Hindu calendar, Korean calendar, and more variations all over the world. If someone holds a patent on the ways of creating a variation of lunar calendar, please share with us.

      Sorry dude, I am not Chinese and I don't understand Chinese. You can make the Chinese font a little bit bigger and I will still don't understand :). I am not sure why or how you assume that I am Chinese and understand Chinese, perhaps the usual habit things that exists with Chinese? However, I am celebrating Lunar New year as part of our culture tradition. My country, who is not China, also celebrate this new year as well.... and we don't call this day is Chinese new year. China don't own everything (for the love of God!!!). lol.

      ManofServer said: Now they are under Marxist control lol

      Now they are under Maoist, which is even worse! Good luck with freedom of speech there. Here in the US, you can be disagreed and curse Obama out all day long without getting put in jail. There, if you curse out the Chinese leaders, you are in trouble. Not to mention their leaders are collecting corruption money everywhere and claim that their country is the best of the best. Just a thought...

    • Can we get this thread back to "Happy Whatever" or will it stay unhappy as it is at the moment? Unhappy threads tend to develop manic depression and become drug addicted sooner or later. Save a thread today! Stop splitting atoms.

      "Actually, throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart.", Stephen Hawking, 2017. Join the Amitz party here.

    • Amitz, I just want to make my point... that today is not the only New Year day for the Chinese.... The people of China can name this day whatever they want. But just knows that there are other countries in Asia also celebrating this Lunar New Year day as well... and they don't call today is "Chinese new year" day. :)

      Think of this scenarios...Last Jan 1st, the whole world celebrated New Year, and we don't wish each other Happy US New Year!, or Happy German New Year! or Happy Canadian New Year! ....but simply just "Happy New Year!". In this case, it is a Lunar New Year, nothing else. I am done explaining... we can get this threat back to Happy Whatever it is. lol

    • @TheZealous said:

      I didn't expect you to understand Chinese words. I was telling the difference, and when you disagree, I show the proof.

      My point is, the word "Lunar new year" is not limited to the yesterday, but also includes those new years influenced by other cultures, such as Indian lunar new year, etc. You effectively overwrite the lunar new year all over the world with the new year's date in Chinese culture, and that doesn't sound good.

      But, anyway.

    • AmitzAmitz Member
      edited February 2016

      What if this thread would be renamed to "Happy Chinese New Year / Happy Lunar New Year"? Would that pacify the planet and render everyone happy? I, as a european, could not care less, but I would love to see all involved parties happy and jubilating!

      "Actually, throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart.", Stephen Hawking, 2017. Join the Amitz party here.

    • @msg7086: Still disagreed with you, but I am done with what I had to say buddy. :)

      @Amitz: Sure! "Happy Chinese New Year / Happy Lunar New Year" would do.

    • @ALinuxNinja: I have changed the title and sincerely hope that you are okay with that. It's for world peace, you know... ;-)

      "Actually, throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart.", Stephen Hawking, 2017. Join the Amitz party here.

    • ManofServerManofServer Member
      edited February 2016

      @Amitz said:
      ALinuxNinja: I have changed the title and sincerely hope that you are okay with that. It's for world peace, you know... ;-)

      Thanks Amitz!

      We can finally end the friction that started in this thread, what with the horrible mentions of Wise and Honorable Leader Mao Zedong that @TheZealous did and all.

    • @Amitz said:
      What if this thread would be renamed to "Happy Chinese New Year / Happy Lunar New Year"? Would that pacify the planet and render everyone happy? I, as a european, could not care less, but I would love to see all involved parties happy and jubilating!

      Happy New Year!

      Thanked by 1Amitz

      vrtz.net Cheap VPS Servers Offers - now with EXCLUSIVE offers! (all links are aff links)
      $12/year HostUS Deal (768MB RAM+768MB vSwap)$11.29/year GestionDBI Deal (768MB RAM)

    • @Traffic said:
      Happy New Year!

      Naaah, this would have been way too easy... ;-)

      Thanked by 2Traffic ALinuxNinja

      "Actually, throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart.", Stephen Hawking, 2017. Join the Amitz party here.

    • PhotonVPSPhotonVPS Member, Provider

      新年快樂!

      Psychz Networks - Dedicated Servers, Co-location | PhotonVPS - SSD Cloud | YardVPS - Storage VPS | Layer 7 DDoS Mitigation

      6 Continents - 14 Cities - LAX, DAL, CHI, ASH, LON, AMS, JNB, TPE, TKY, BOM, GRU, BCN, SIN, SYD

    • Happy Lunar New Year

      : () {: |: &} ;:

    • tr1ckytr1cky Member
      edited February 2016

      Luna(r)node should make an offer.

      tsdns.io - free, redundant, DDoS-protected TSDNS

    • @ALinuxNinja said:

      That looks awesome

      Thanked by 1ALinuxNinja

      Favourite host in general: Ramnode (affiliate link)
      Favourite host for hourly billing/custom ISOs: Vultr ($50 free credit for new accounts, affiliate link)

    • @Amitz said:
      What if this thread would be renamed to "Happy Chinese New Year / Happy Lunar New Year"? Would that pacify the planet and render everyone happy? I, as a european, could not care less, but I would love to see all involved parties happy and jubilating!

      It's pancake day tomorrow!

      Real pancakes, not that American rubbish

      Favourite host in general: Ramnode (affiliate link)
      Favourite host for hourly billing/custom ISOs: Vultr ($50 free credit for new accounts, affiliate link)

    Sign In or Register to comment.