Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

KVM Egypt VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

KVM Egypt VPS

Looking for a KVM Egypt VPS with at least 512mb ram and 1tb of bandwidth. Anyone know of a provider? Can't seem to find any

Comments

• AlbaHostAlbaHost Member, Host Rep

@Eobble said:
    Looking for a KVM Egypt VPS with at least 512mb ram and 1tb of bandwidth. Anyone know of a provider? Can't seem to find any

Maybe you should check: https://www.exoticvps.com/

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member
    edited February 2016

https://modulesfactory.com/Virtual-Private-Servers.html

I know the guy running this in is Egypt, no idea if the servers are as well

Edit - US/Canada Servers nevermind

• CityNetHost but Egypt went down hard when the government turned off their Internet. I was with CNH during the route changes and few days downtime during all that.

• @doughmanes said:
    CityNetHost but Egypt went down hard when the government turned off their Internet. I was with CNH during the route changes and few days downtime during all that.

I hated CNH bad support even when the riots weren't happening..

• if KSA work with you, check nashirnet, they have VPs with good price

• @doughmanes said:
    CityNetHost but Egypt went down hard when the government turned off their Internet. I was with CNH during the route changes and few days downtime during all that.

looks like they're out of stock

• Any experience with linkdatacenter? Looks interesting but hardly any reviews in English

• Eobble said: looks like they're out of stock

Try opening a ticket and asking.

ATHK said: hated CNH bad support

What kind of support was required? They were fine pre-riots.

• Why would anyone want a VPS in that country? Isn't it better to host somewhere more reliable?

• I've actually had a decent experience with CNH except for the few weeks downtime due to the riots, which was out of their control. Their support was quick and could handle basic issues (like enabeling TUN/TAP) but they didn't know what to do about more complicated things (like overloaded peerings). However that was 5 years ago so a lot might have changed since then.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited February 2016

doughmanes said: What kind of support was required?

For instance like setting time properly on the host node, enabling TUN/TAP, loading some modules, and ensuring all of these things don't break YET AGAIN for the 5th time after another node reboot.

Thanked by 2doughmanes NexHost
  • zevuszevus Member
    edited February 2016

Ah, was looking at Citynet Host;

In order to obtain Reverse DNS records, the following conditions must be satisfied:

The domains in the RDNS request must have up-to-date WHOIS information, WHOIS privacy disabled, and address information which matches your account's billing information.

... now that's a bummer