Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

To provide DNS Service ...
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

To provide DNS Service ...

I have some question, regarding DNS Service. To provide DNS Service, is there any script available? I want to offer free dns hosting, like cloudns.net or, others.

Comments

• ktkt Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2016

No. DIY.

You could setup something with PowerDNS but then why would anyone want to use it over the free alternatives such as Cloudflare/HE/Rackspace?

• I assume most just use Powerdns with a SQL backend and do a pretty UI for it.

Thanked by 2ftn ATHK
  • modulesgarden.com is offering dns manager and chicagovps used it before for their customers. Anyone know about anything else?

• ktkt Member, Host Rep

@ftn said:
    modulesgarden.com is offering dns manager and chicagovps used it before for their customers. Anyone know about anything else?

There's a few free control panels which you could modify.

Poweradmin being one.

• @Zeniva said:
    No. DIY.

You could setup something with PowerDNS but then why would anyone want to use it over the free alternatives such as Cloudflare/HE/Rackspace?

@Zeniva If you are not friendly or, stupid or, not being so helpful, its better not reply like a stupid! This world has lot of options, lot of alternatives, still lot of discovery to come. So whats matter? People like you still may use 1880's Condom, there are lot of flexible products to come.

• ktkt Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2016

I did try to help you with my second reply but my main point still stands (why would anyone use your service over others already established?) unless this is just a side hobby / learning project then I apologise :)

• ftn said: Anyone know about anything else?

I use the MG module, and hate it, but it does work and was able to integrate it with the same PowerDNS cluster used by SolusVM so clients that use the forward DNS feature provided in SolusVM can have access via WHMCS, as well as new clients using our Proxmox offering. It does rDNS as well for both clients. The MG module is pretty robust, but like all things MG, docs are sorely lacking, and support is slower than (pick your metaphore). I spent about $800 last year on MG modules, the DNS module, product linker, and the cPanel partner module are the only ones I will be keeping.

Zeniva said: why would anyone want to use it over the free alternatives such as Cloudflare/HE/Rackspace?

Good question, not many do, maybe some will chime in why they do.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

ftn said: @Zeniva If you are not friendly or, stupid or, not being so helpful, its better not reply like a stupid! This world has lot of options, lot of alternatives, still lot of discovery to come. So whats matter? People like you still may use 1880's Condom, there are lot of flexible products to come.

I just lost any desire to assist you. @Zeniva pointed out reality and you slam him. You need thicker skin if you're going to post here.

Besides, I thought you were making big cash in Forex...

• @raindog308 said:
    I just lost any desire to assist you. Zeniva pointed out reality and you slam him. You need thicker skin if you're going to post here.

@ftn, stop (spam) posting your useless threads and being disrespectful AF to people when they tell you the truth.

I'm assuming that you're some self-centred prick who thinks he is more superior than anyone here, but you still shouldn't be insulting someone like that.

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • Do you, the OP, have profound knowledge of all the important things concerning DNS? That's nothing for me, I would never dare to touch something as sensitive and complex (if done right) like this. You ask for trouble without expertise!

• joerijoeri Member, Host Rep, LIR
    Thanked by 1aglodek
  • @jarland, you didn't want to ban users like this and about @ftn... A week old account that asks questions but rejects suggestions; I say close this useless thread. Anyone else agrees?

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited February 2016

@theroyalstudent said:
    I'm assuming that you're some self-centred prick who thinks he is more superior than anyone here, but you still shouldn't be insulting someone like that.

Let me correct you:

"I'm assuming that you're some self-centered prick" ---> "I'm sure that your stupidity and the fact that you feel that you're dominant than others means that you're probably more of a douchebag than my old friend Donald over there.

EDIT: Donald is too nice to compare to @ftn. Let me see if he is smart enough to decipher some French without opening a thread on how to use an online translator...

Ta-gueule! C'est vraiment simple: tu peux partir... et ne jamais retourner. Les membres de LET seront tous contentes et on peut t'oublier :)

Thanked by 1theroyalstudent
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@doghouch said:
    jarland, you didn't want to ban users like this and about ftn... A week old account that asks questions but rejects suggestions; I say close this useless thread. Anyone else agrees?

As some have noted, however, I thoroughly enjoy some things ;)

edited February 2016

@jarland said:
    As some have noted, however, I thoroughly enjoy some things ;)

I SENSE A SELF CENTERED ADMIN RED ALERT ALERT ALERT BAN USER PLS /sarcasm /spam

Thanked by 2jar theroyalstudent
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

doghouch said: I SENSE A SELF CENTERED ADMIN RED ALERT ALERT

I mean where else but this thread are you going to find gems like this:

ftn said: People like you still may use 1880's Condom, there are lot of flexible products to come.

This is just golden, A+ material.

• edited February 2016

@jarland said:
    This is just golden, A+ material.

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

Running DNS hosting is pain in the a**. First you are hosting the most sensitive part of Internet, second you need to have very good knowledge of what's going on under the hood in context of protocols, security, networking (especially when running anycast). You need to be weird (like us) to do so :) I've spent almost a year writing Rage4 stuff.

Thanked by 2k0nsl Amitz
  • @gbshouse I heard a rumour you might have a birthday special coming up?

• @theroyalstudent said:

In which of my post you find that Im superior than anyone here!? Explain correctly.

@raindog308 said:
    Besides, I thought you were making big cash in Forex...

Forex is not related with the thread topic. Im a Tech addict, so I could have some questions regarding some technical issue. If I get answer, many of the other user also get some help with my questions. There are lot of person who still dont know about "powerdns" even not about "powerdns management panel". My thread is not just helping me, also other peoples. This is how Forum and Community work.

@doghouch said:
    jarland, you didn't want to ban users like this and about ftn... A week old account that asks questions but rejects suggestions; I say close this useless thread. Anyone else agrees?

For you something can be useless. Named a topic which is useless for the community.

@jarland If you find my opened discussions violate the Terms of your discussion forum, you may terminate my account.

• @raindog308 said:
    I just lost any desire to assist you. @Zeniva pointed out reality and you slam him. You need thicker skin if you're going to post here.

He got what he actually deserves. He edited the information at "edited February 6" so you may not see what he was actually writing. powerdns did not mentioned at firstplace while he submitted the reply. Anyone can use free alternatives, however hosting providers offer free dns service internally, like softlayer, rackspace. This is something I want to learn, how it works.

• Hello,

Exactly this is what Im looking for. I want to start something like this for my clients.

• aglodekaglodek Member
    edited February 2016
  • @ftn said:
    jarland If you find my opened discussions violate the Terms of your discussion forum, you may terminate my account.

This is a useless topic oriented towards you and only you

Thanked by 1theroyalstudent
  • ftnftn Member
    edited February 2016

@doghouch So dog, named it. Replying like an a**h*le in the forum which is not related with actual thread topic and pushing someone, specially OP, is not make yourself proud. It just a case if you are so dumb or, so clever. Sometime we see same type of person in work field. They just doing these things to become Faithful dog to his Boss :D

• @ftn ease up mate.

edited February 2016

@ftn said:
    doghouch So dog, named it. Replying like an a**h*le in the forum which is not related with actual thread topic and pushing someone, specially OP, is not make yourself proud. It just a case if you are so dumb or, so cleaver. Sometime we see same type of person in work field. They just doing these things to become Faithful dog to his Boss :D

tl;dr, but just an fyi: I never said that I was a genius in this... Could you quote specifically on where I said that? Also, you have to learn that a week old account asking for help but explicitly saying that their help is useless will just lead to no one taking you seriously.

• edited February 2016

@ftn said:
    is not make yourself proud.

You making countless stupid threads and comments and being defensive af when people are giving you honest opinion and feedback, is something that "is not make yourself proud".

Anyway, people like you will never learn to be open to advice/opinion, when you have a community of people here (not myself - I'm still learning) that are well-skilled in different aspects.

It just a case if you are so dumb or, so cleaver

Yes, we can only be either one of the following:

• dumb
    • cleaver

Sometime we see same type of person in work field.

OMG I AGREE!!! SOME PEOPLE ARE SO BAD WITH THEIR SENTENCE STRUCTURE!!!!

They just doing these things to become Faithful dog to his Boss :D

If that's true, let it be, but I'm sure @doghouch isn't. If he was, in your superior opinion, then at least he is being faithful (and loyal?), but you behaving like this will please no one.

Peace.

Thanked by 2doghouch hawc
  • If you in a level with 0 knowledge please don't think to be a provider