Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

softlayer VPS in their VA DC in LEB range?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

softlayer VPS in their VA DC in LEB range?

Does anyone know any provider that has LEBs in the SL DC in VA? I know VMBox has offered out of SL but they are in LA not VA.

Comments

• We offer Openvz out of their melbourne node.

https://www.cloudrino.net/signup/

• hostnoobhostnoob Member
    edited February 2016

@cloudrino said:
    We offer Openvz out of their melbourne node.

https://www.cloudrino.net/signup/

If LA isn't an option, I'm sure Australia isn't.

Thanked by 1spammy
  • @cloudrino

Please review the OP's requirements before offering your services.

Thanked by 1spammy
  • jhjh Member

cloud.net maybe

• smansman Member
    edited February 2016

They are crazy expensive so the only way bottom feeders could make any money would be to massively oversell. So best of luck.

• sinsin Member
    edited February 2016

Leaseweb and PhotonVPS both offer cheap KVM VPSes in VA locations (Leaseweb in Manassas City, VA and PhotonVPS in Ashburn, VA). I don't know of any offering cheap softlayer there though :( sorry.

Thanked by 1spammy
  • @jh said:
    cloud.net maybe

they have atlanta, washington and portland but nothing in Virginia unfortunately.

sin said: Leaseweb and PhotonVPS both offer cheap KVM VPSes in VA locations (Leaseweb in Manassas City, VA and PhotonVPS in Ashburn, VA). I don't know of any offering cheap softlayer there though :( sorry.

Ya, I know there are other provider offering there, for example this guy had offered some pretty decent services when I used them many years ago:

https://lowendbox.com/blog/bitcable-4-256mb-kvm-vps-in-ashburn-va/

It was run by a teenager, not sure if it is still in business.

In general that area has really good connectivity I think, just not cheap.

I need that area for a specific reason, and I need the exact DC, unfortunately looks like it is too expensive to make any LEB business viable there.

• ktkt Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2016

You will see the amount of softlayer based VM providers decrease gradually, the bandwidth pricing has changed from default 20TB to 500GB. They are also blocking port 25 by default in a lot of locations now and will be in all zones if not completed yet including their major resellers like 100TB.

They are certainly changing their target market.

A provider with Psychz in VA might be a good 'cheap' option as mentioned.

• HostUS has a VA location but pretty sure it's not at SL.

• Zeniva said: A provider with Psychz in VA might be a good 'cheap' option as mentioned.

But we all know how "reputable" Psychz is :) I am not sure about their east coast DC but their previous location in the West Coast (LA I believe) was certainly, for some reason, attracting the wrong crowd :)

• ktkt Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2016

spammy said: But we all know how "reputable" Psychz is :)

Yes it appears it had a history, I doubt this is the case now. (We're a happy client in LA)