Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Testing Server Required
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Testing Server Required

LeeLee Veteran
edited February 2016 in Requests

Looking for a practice server for some trainees. The box won’t have anything on it apart from the OS and other than to test different configurations nothing will actually be served from it. Essentially an isolated server where they can do no harm to anything but their ego when it goes wrong.

The requirements are pretty flexible as is the location. The minimum requirements I need are

Any 4 core/thread Intel CPU with VT
Min 2 drives any size/type, but 4 would be best
Ram from 4GB upwards
5 additional IP’s

It is important that the server has dedicated KVM to allow auto reload of OS, remote media would be good. As it’s a test box it will be going up and down like a cheap hookers drawers as they mess up software raid tests, networking and so on.

Location as noted is not really important but those using it will be in the UK and India so it needs to be reasonably snappy to those areas.

Bandwidth requirements are quite minimal for the reasons already stated.

Just typed all that as I heard it from a call I was on so if I missed something let me know.

Price is as cheap as I can get it with an eye on it being a decent provider rather than an unknown. Let me know here if you have anything to offer or drop me a PM.

No need to suggest Delimiter or Dacentec.

Comments

• bacloudbacloud Member, Patron Provider

Try to get any from kimsufi,online.net or server4you. Also you can take a look at hetzner.de auctions.

• LeeLee Veteran

Thanks for the PM offers, I have one but I may take another so keep them coning if you have them.

• LeeLee Veteran

NVM got another one, thanks :)

No more offers needed.

• bacloudbacloud Member, Patron Provider

Good luck :)

• Get some $1 VPS from Dacentec or Aruba ?

• simonindiasimonindia Member
    edited February 2016

@Lee said:
    NVM got another one, thanks :)

No more offers needed.

--------Snipped______