Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Inception Hosting down again or it is just me?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Inception Hosting down again or it is just me?

webmaisterprowebmaisterpro Member
edited January 2013 in General

Hi LowEndTalk friends,

Is it just me or Inception Hosting is down again this month?

Comments

• Ash_HawkridgeAsh_Hawkridge Member
    edited January 2013

My VPS with them is up, always is from what i have seen :P

• just you

their site has an error though

• Their website and our VPS both are down :(

• Page returns 500. Client Portal up. VPS up.

• JacobHJacobH Member
    edited January 2013

my VPS is down also.. (returning 500 errors). Apologies for bumping the other thread didn't see this one :(

• flyfly Member
    edited January 2013

pretty sure http error code 500 means you fucked up

• bretonbreton Member
    edited January 2013

From announcement:

UK Node 10 has suffered from a raid card failure, remote hands have been requested for investigation.

Servers re beeing booted now as they copy, the ETA is now 3 hours for all servers ot be back online

• For 2 months, 2 days downtime and my website is still down! I guess it is time to move on

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@webmaisterpro if you give me the last octet of your IP I will give you an ETA.

I understand your frustrations I cannot predict a raid failure though, perhaps you should look for a SAN based self healing cloud VPS as this would cover you against most instances of hardware failure.

• @AnthonySmith said: perhaps you should look for a SAN based self healing cloud VPS

Then what if the SAN fails?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@concerto49 said: Then what if the SAN fails?

Cross link fibre SAN replication.

Those EMC set ups only set you back $250,000 a pop so <$7 p/m should be no problem :)

• @AnthonySmith

This is my IP: 149.255.111.32

• @AnthonySmith by any chance do you have backups of my vps as it looks like the mysql tables are corrupted during this exercise and some recent content is gone from db.

• @qtriangle Did you get your website back? I am still awaiting for my and nothing is happening!!!

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Moving all that data takes some time, the client area is up and has been up, I suggest you open a ticket to get the promised ETA. Instead of using LET as a support forum (which it's not)

• @webmaisterpro said: @qtriangle Did you get your website back? I am still awaiting for my and nothing is happening!!!

yes websites are online but some important data is lost in mysql db.

• wroxwrox Member
    edited January 2013

@webmaisterpro If uptime is important for you, why are you still using them?

• @wrox This was just an experiment to use low end hosting and I suppose, I've read a lot misleading reviews about Inception.

• I think you guys should give them a chance... things like this happen and are totally unavoidable. Ant does a great job.

• wroxwrox Member
    edited January 2013

@BradND This has happened frequently under the span of a few years - it's nothing new.

This discussion has been closed.