Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHMCS - Removing 'My Services'
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHMCS - Removing 'My Services'

Hello,

In our WHMCS installation, we have had an idea where we would like to remove the entire 'My Services' section so that the client can not order new services, view their services etc.

This is so that the WHMCS platform can turn into a Invoicing / Support system only where our staff can invoice the clients.

What would be the best way of doing this?

For Example:

Thanks!

Comments

• Maybe you can copy default template directory to another one with different name. After that activate it in settings. Later edit your custom template and remove what you don't need.

• 1) Go in the templates and start deleting.
    2) Profit.

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • How is anyone here going to help you maybe opening up a ticket with WHMCS may solve the problem for you. Unless of course someone here works for WHMCS and can assist you.

• This one is off to a good start boys !

Thanked by 3GM2015 Riz Mark_R
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@VyprNetworks said:
    How is anyone here going to help you maybe opening up a ticket with WHMCS may solve the problem for you. Unless of course someone here works for WHMCS and can assist you.

Easy. Surely most providers here have edited the template files before.

Thanked by 2VyprNetworks lazyt
  • VyprNetworksVyprNetworks Member
    edited February 2016

@jarland said:
    Easy. Surely most providers here have edited the template files before.

Read that all wrong apologies OP, this would be in the clientarea.tpl right? You would just need to remove some components and edit the css of the page Id assume.

• Thank You everyone! Going to give this a go now.

@VyprNetworks Apology Accepted :)

• @david_reid said:
    Thank You everyone! Going to give this a go now.

Do let us know how you get on, I could remove some stuff on my installation as well that are currently redundant. But I suppose this is only cosmetic change as someone who knows WHMCS well can probably manually access it through the link. Is there a way to completely disable some features?

• noamannoaman Member
    edited February 2016

You also need to change the back end...and disable direct access of the services....Simply removing some HTML isn't gonno cut it....

Thanked by 1VyprNetworks
  • noamannoaman Member
    edited February 2016

@Sid said:

Well there could be other hacks done with PHP...If I had to do this I would do a logical check on the services page if the user is allowed or not ...and would give a 404 if not allowed instead of the other right http code...:-)

• ktkt Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2016

I'd probably opt for another platform if you just want support/billing.

Those simply commenting "just edit the template" have clearly not seen how WHMCS6 works. To remove navbar items you now use hooks.

• Thank You Everyone!

After a few hours having a go at it, I've done it!

It did involve a lot of Hooks etc but I got there. I seemed to have removed the ability to Order Services.

Thanks once again!

• @Corey said:
    1) Go in the templates and start deleting.
    2) Profit.

Make sure to take a backup though - you might make a stupid mistake and you won't be able to resort to anything :)

• @david_reid said:
    Thank You Everyone!

After a few hours having a go at it, I've done it!

It did involve a lot of Hooks etc but I got there. I seemed to have removed the ability to Order Services.

Thanks once again!

Shouldn't have involved any hooks. I found the loop that displays those things and just added a SMARTY IF condition in there so that it didn't display the ones I didn't want it to.