Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS in Wales
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS in Wales

Does anyone know of any VPS providers offering service out of a DC located within Wales?

Not so interested in pricing or spec at this point, just looking for a service provider, although I'm not looking to pay LEB pricing for this - my budget is more than the usual $7.

Thank you in advance :)

Comments

• Just from a Google.

http://www.webhostwales.com/web-hosting/managed-vps-servers

Those prices though....

• @Jono20201 said:
    Just from a Google.

http://www.webhostwales.com/web-hosting/managed-vps-servers

Those prices though....

Their own website seems to be located in the USA - they obviously have lots of faith in their own services... !

• edited February 2016

@cariad said:
    Their own website seems to be located in the USA - they obviously have lots of faith in their own services... !

Most companies who have planned ahead will not host their website on the same networks that hosts their VPS/Server services.

Trust me, it never ends well and leaves them with a non-working site with no support tickets when everything goes down.

• ZareZare Member, Host Rep

Our servers are located in Bristol, 20 minutes from Wales, if that works?

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

Jono20201 said: Those prices though....

Such a specific pricing for specific resources as well. 1344MB RAM? That doesn't even come out to a more simple GB amount. It's 1.3125GB. And their Pro plan has 102GB Hard Drive. Then after being that specific, they completely leave out further information like the number of cores and port speed.

Annual only pricing, like they're trying to save on payment gateway fees. Good thing you're forbidden to access their order system.

• Isn't VPSs in sharks better?

Thanked by 1raptorpeanutbuttr
  • @EkaatyLinux said:
    Isn't VPSs in sharks better?

dead sheep and nicky wire

• Just out of curiosity, why does it have to be Wales? I think London has the best connection in the UK.

• Is their even a dc in Wales?

• FatboyFatboy Member
    edited February 2016

@chip said:
    Is their even a dc in Wales?

According to datacentermap.com there are two:

Clearstream Centre Cardiff and Next Generation Data Newport

Both on the M4 corridor to make things a little easier - next challenge is finding someone commercial who operates out of them :)

You won't find anything low end in either of those data centers unfortunately :(

Not sure why you need Wales specifically, all traffic goes via London in the UK any way, minus the small exchanges that are dotted around.

• @Zare said:
    You won't find anything low end in either of those data centers unfortunately :(

Not sure why you need Wales specifically, all traffic goes via London in the UK any way, minus the small exchanges that are dotted around.

You're not joking are you - just had a look at Clearstream and they basic VPS is 49UKP per month (and I guess VAT on top?)

http://www.clearstreamtechnology.co.uk/virtual-private-servers/

@Fatboy said:

Nope :) Same with Next Gen Data, they're specifically wholesale and mostly used by very large companies.

Closest data center to Wales is ours in North Bristol.