Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheapest unlimited iPass WiFi network access
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheapest unlimited iPass WiFi network access

chrispchrisp Member
edited February 2016 in Requests

Hey LET,

I am traveling pretty much and I am looking for an iPass (http://www.ipass.com/) account with unlimited access to the hotspots of all their partners. Before I request a quote there I would like to ask here if anyone knows a cheap way to get an iPass via one of their resellers or similar. Also, if your company gives you an account and you would like to do some account sharing, feel free to contact me ;)

Cheers

Thanked by 1nordic_traveller

Comments

• why you just dont download some WEP key breaker and use any kind of wifi, and if you dont feel safe, add a private vpn.

Thanked by 1ManofServer
  • @dedicados said:
    why you just dont download some WEP key breaker and use any kind of wifi, and if you dont feel safe, add a private vpn.

I think at the airport those connections are not WEP-encrypted, they let you connect however any website you go to will be redirected to their sign in page until you sign in (buy the pass).

Thanked by 1netomx
  • patrick7patrick7 Member, LIR

Then, iodine will help: http://code.kryo.se/iodine/

Tried at several airports in Europe, it works stable at most of them :-)

Thanked by 2netomx Neoon
  • Yeah I have an Iodine setup in place for emergencies and it works almost every time, but I'd really prefer paying for a fast and convenient solution.

• jhjh Member

You could try Boingo, which is cheaper. I tried the OS X and iOS apps some time ago and neither worked. If the apps work for you then the network is pretty big.

• @dedicados said:
    why you just dont download some WEP key breaker and use any kind of wifi, and if you dont feel safe, add a private vpn.

A host that promotes illegal activities on a public forum. That's definitely a reason to go on my Do Not Purchase list.

Thanked by 1ricardo
  • @Pwner said:
    A host that promotes illegal activities on a public forum. That's definitely a reason to go on my Do Not Purchase list.

And... NOBODY CARES! WEP is highly insecure anyway, so meh

• dedicadosdedicados Member
    edited February 2016

Pwner said: A host that promotes illegal activities on a public forum. That's definitely a reason to go on my Do Not Purchase list.

lol, ok!!

im glad you never has done that =)

• @jh said:
    You could try Boingo, which is cheaper. I tried the OS X and iOS apps some time ago and neither worked. If the apps work for you then the network is pretty big.

Actually a nice idea, thanks. Could use their mobile plan for 4,98$ and tether it to a laptop. Actually, I didn't think about Boingo, but they are also well-known and working I guess.

• Surely all those old cheap consumer routers with WEP as a default have all died by now or are in museums.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @Ole_Juul said:
    Surely all those old cheap consumer routers with WEP as a default have all died by now or are in museums.

You want me to ship you one? :P

• @Ole_Juul said:
    Surely all those old cheap consumer routers with WEP as a default have all died by now or are in museums.

At least in many countries yes. There are more insecurities like WPS or weak factory passwords, that are built off a part of the hotspots MAC address and such things, but I'd prefer not to hack someones Wifi. Not only is it illegal, but apart from that it takes too much time to do that if you are moving to different places frequently ;)

• ALinuxNinja said: You want me to ship you one? :P

Thanks for the offer, but . . . . . if you could see how much vintage computer equipment I have here, you'd know that I don't have room for anything bigger than a Type I PCMCIA card any more. :)

• chrisp said: I'd prefer not to hack someones Wifi. Not only is it illegal, but apart from that . . .

it's just creepy. That's all.