Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

We developed a new p2p filesystem - looking for feedback - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

We developed a new p2p filesystem - looking for feedback

2»

Comments

• @cadeuh said:
    Forwarded the question to our lead dev for a detailed answer, will get back to you!

Thanks I'd be interested to as 3 replica cluster is pretty much what I had in mind.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

When i take 2 PC's in the same LAN, will it be able to run Crysis?

• deadbeef said: What happens if there's a split-brain situation? Suppose 3 servers in the quorum, I guess they elect a leader? So, if they split to (1 server), (2 servers) what happens? Do they stop accepting writes? Do they stop serving all together until the quorum is reached again? And if they keep accepting writes then how do they sync? Manually? Automatically via timestamps? Or any write that's not acknowledged gets rolled back?

dragon2611 said: Thanks I'd be interested to as 3 replica cluster is pretty much what I had in mind.

If it splits 1/2, only the side able to access 2 nodes will be able to write. The side with one node will delay the write until it can reach at least two nodes. If someone else wrote to the file in the meantime, it can either pick one version, either create a conflict file depending on your preference.

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • @cadeuh said:
    If it splits 1/2, only the side able to access 2 nodes will be able to write. The side with one node will delay the write until it can reach at least two nodes. If someone else wrote to the file in the meantime, it can either pick one version, either create a conflict file depending on your preference.

Fantastic, thank you for the clarifications.

Thanked by 1cadeuh
  • Looks cool -- like bazil.org but actually works now -- but I'll pass until it's fully open source and I can host my own hub.