Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EvoBurst/Virtwire servers hosted at Quadranet down for "purge" of bad customers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

EvoBurst/Virtwire servers hosted at Quadranet down for "purge" of bad customers

Monitoring shows two of my servers went offline so I investigated. Virtwire's home page states:

Hi Everybody,

Currently we are facing an issue covering ALL Quadranet locations, as we have had quite a few unsavory guests as of late within these nodes.

Quadranet has asked us to disable access to the node while we clean up the containers that have been affected by this issue.

We are working hard to get this done in a swift manner.

Regards,

VirtWire Global Ltd.

Hopefully it won't take long!

Comments

• From the page, it seems that the servers are at their Los Angeles, Miami, and Dallas locations

• This doesn't sound good.

• Pretty common with Quadranet even with colocation. If anybody sees this and is in LA, make sure to have Telx on standby.

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

doughmanes said: Pretty common with Quadranet even with colocation. If anybody sees this and is in LA, make sure to have Telx on standby.

I'm not going to comment publicly about a client's account standing at this time, however just know that there are always two sides to every story, and in this industry, not every side contains factual information. I want you to keep that in mind before making any assumptions on how we operate.

Thanked by 1SCAM_AlphaRacks
  • dustinc said: I want you to keep that in mind before making any assumptions on how we operate.

Seen it first hand so no assumptions here.

Thanked by 1Jonchun
  • edited February 2016

doughmanes said: Seen it first hand so no assumptions here.

I seen a similar post from you on LET I believe about a year ago, and at that time I requested you to PM me with more information regarding that particular case, as I was pretty sure that you were referring to an indirect customer operating on our network, and not a direct customer of ours... but never received a PM with you w/ more information? :(

We're definitely extremely flexible with our clients, so I'm genuinely curious.

Thanked by 1ManofServer
  • doughmanesdoughmanes Member
    edited February 2016

QuadraNet_Adam said: I seen a similar post from you on LET I believe about a year ago

It wasn't me, you wouldn't catch me on WHT if you paid me, and this was longer than a year ago.

Why is Quadranet more interested in me than explaining their policies? Guess I struck a nerve....

• Thanks for the confirmation on it being an established policy with the random stab in the dark at who I am.

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member
    edited February 2016

doughmanes said: Pretty common with Quadranet even with colocation

I been in Quadranet as a colo customer since 2011, almost 5 years now, and I can tell you they have never asked me to turn off whole servers. I have had a server there get compromised and they alerted me to it, and I asked them to pull the power from the machine, but that was my choice.

Thanked by 1QuadraNet_Adam
  • edited February 2016

doughmanes said: Why is Quadranet more interested in me than explaining their policies? Guess I struck a nerve....

No hard feelings here :) Was just genuinely curious because I know for a fact that QuadraNet does not operate in the way in which you described therefore I assumed you were referring to a reseller or customer on our network. A lot of our direct customers are web hosting providers, and we are more than flexible and understanding with that in mind.

Anyhow, feel free to PM me and we can have a chat. I'm available.

• @QuadraNet_Adam - From what VirtWire posted, I got the impression that you guys just contacted them to let them know that you've been getting some kind of abuse complaints and asked them to take care of it ASAP

That's exactly how it should have been handled, IMHO. Not sure what @doughmanes is mad about.

• DeftNerd said: Not sure what @doughmanes is mad about

Making a point about having a backup plan. "Working swiftly" is definitely one of those hidden in plain sight terms.

• @doughmanes said:
    Making a point about having a backup plan. "Working swiftly" is definitely one of those hidden in plain sight terms.

Fair enough.... and I learned that yesterday since my main production server is at Delimiter and I had tons of shit down.

Diversification and Resilience should be the name of the game. I'm going to spend the week working on getting all my code properly deployed via Git and proper database replication and automated failover procedures.

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • You know, when I worked for BlueVM, there was only one time when the upstream provider shut down a node without prior notice... I suspect the reasoning behind this one is exactly the same. Sucks, but...

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • utamautama Member
    edited February 2016

Based on the update:

=== Update ===

>

Services have been restored & cleaned.

>

We are sorry to all those affected by this, but it was a nessesary measure that had to be undertaken.

It should be all restored. But my VPS is still offline, anyone can confirm?

Edit:

It's up already.

• Wtf not even GVH had their quadranet server shut down for abuse, and some of the abuse tickets were nasty stuff O.o