Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What host is this?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What host is this?

dirkdirk Member
edited November 2011 in General

I know this will sound very stupid.
I got a VPS (yet another one) somewere in July of this year. For some reason I lost the emails that I got for it. I still have access to the VPS (I can login to it via SSH), I have the IP(s) of the VPS. But I have no clue at all anymore from what company I bought this VPS.
Anyone any idea based on the IP?
IPv4: 78.46.172.10
IPv6: 2a01:4f8:140:72a1::10

VPS seems to be located @Hetzner.

(most of the time I pay via PayPal, I checked the log of PayPal but was not able to find the purchase).

³

Comments

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

Looks like RAMHost

• lol
    Yes, sounds stupid xD

Whois

inetnum:         78.46.172.0 - 78.46.172.63
    netname:         RAM-HOST
    descr:           Ram Host
    admin-c:         RM11760-RIPE
    tech-c:          RM11760-RIPE
    mnt-by:          HOS-GUN
    source:          RIPE # Filtered

• isn't RAMHost the only one with ipv6 adresses in germany on LEB?

• Thanks for the help.....
    I checked the ipv6 address and that came back as Hezner, forgot to check the ipv4 address :-(

• Looks like they forgot even to bill me :-)
    Everything is active (except ipv6 on the VPS) and the next billing is set for September 2011.....isn't that like 2 months ago????

• Ramhost had a client database corruption, the billing may be late.
    https://forum.ramhost.us/bbs/viewtopic.php?id=590
    For ipv6 see
    https://forum.ramhost.us/bbs/viewtopic.php?id=602

• Ouch. This is exactly why I do redundant backups for BuyVM. Even if we lose the DB and the primary backup, it only puts us back 24h on records.

• @Keith: thanks that did fix it

• I prefer to run my own solutions. We have a 100% backup of our entire WHMCS and Stallion databases (as well as other project data); I have daily, weekly, and monthly archives from our multiple-daily backups. These are retained for as long as I deem necessary.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited November 2011

@xprotocept said: isn't RAMHost the only one with ipv6 adresses in germany on LEB?

No! Fanaticalvps, syscentral.de, valueserver.de... (and unlike with ramhost their IPv6 actually works whole time).

• yomeroyomero Member
    edited November 2011

@Spirit said: No! Fanaticalvps, syscentral.de, valueserver.de... (and unlike with ramhost their IPv6 actually works whole time).

The mine in Fanatical doesn't have ipv6 u_u

But who cares... lol

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited November 2011

@yomero said: The mine in Fanatical doesn't have ipv6 u_u

Maybe because you didn't request it after initial setup some time ago? :) I use native IPv6 here since March 2011 with proper rDNS setup (on request) and it's relatively stable.

• ramnetramnet Member, Host Rep

@Spirit

Our German IPv6 comes directly off of Hetzner's network, so any issues you have with that will also be present across the dozen datacenters Hetzner operates, and all the VPS providers that use Hetzner as well.