Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chicagovps - is this is ssd cached vps?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Chicagovps - is this is ssd cached vps?

ftnftn Member

I have shifted my vps at chicagovps. They informed me its ssd cached. The ARIN records for the IPs are from ugvps.

[root@vs-cloud ~]# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
16384+0 records in
16384+0 records out
1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 6.80237 s, 158 MB/s

Is the result indicates its a ssd cached vps?

Comments

• Oh, I have just got reply from staff that they are mistakenly provide me general server, not ssd cached. Offered me to migrate to another server which is ssd cached enabled.

I was almost confused at first place. Because ssd cached server speed more than 250~300mb+/s :)

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Only ChicagoVPS could tell you.

And then you have to decide if you trust them. Community says...

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • Chicagovps currently owned by Colocrossing. Not that? I believe in colo-crossing :)

• GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited February 2016

Welcome to a new world of pain and misery.

ftn said: chicagovps

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited February 2016

ftn said: I believe in colo-crossing :)

or, more suitable with your comment in mind:

Thanked by 2GM2015 ManofServer

ftn said: Chicagovps currently owned by Colocrossing. Not that? I believe in colo-crossing :)

• They are providing me 2 IPs with the VPS. Not a single IPs are responding. Cant ping, cant work. They are not replying to my ticket since last 2 hours!

• @ftn said:
    Chicagovps currently owned by Colocrossing. Not that? I believe in colo-crossing :)

We have found your problem!

Also DD tests are BS anyways.. check this thread: https://www.qwdsa.com/c/threads/the-dd-fallacy.46/

• edited February 2016

@ftn said:
    They are providing me 2 IPs with the VPS. Not a single IPs are responding. Cant ping, cant work. They are not replying to my ticket since last 2 hours!

And now you know why we told you not to believe in them...

tbh, HVH, even when owned by CC, has much better support.

• No, they are giving me a new server with new IPs. But the vps is not responding. Let ticket reply I got that we are working on it! Now 2 hours+ is gone, not answering my ticket!

• Just ask for a refund and walk away. Save yourself from the hassle and future spam.

ftn said: No, they are giving me a new server with new IPs. But the vps is not responding. Let ticket reply I got that we are working on it! Now 2 hours+ is gone, not answering my ticket!

ftn said: No, they are giving me a new server with new IPs. But the vps is not responding. Let ticket reply I got that we are working on it! Now 2 hours+ is gone, not answering my ticket!

You didn't listen about root passwords...will you listen about ChicagoVPS?

Thanked by 1GM2015
  • Actually I have several VPS with ChicagoVPS back from 2009 when Jeremiah Shinkle was there. I was with them during whmcs hack, data loss and experience various issues. Today I have asked them about a server which is becoming slow. First they provide me a vps which is not ssd cached. Then they provide me another vps which IPs are not responsive. Now tickets are not answering! Really pissed off!

• @ftn said:
    No, they are giving me a new server with new IPs. But the vps is not responding. Let ticket reply I got that we are working on it! Now 2 hours+ is gone, not answering my ticket!

Your report has been filled to the $1 police, please allow up to ∞ business days and we will report ASAP.

• @Ernie are you running the show at CVPS aswell?

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • @ATHK said:
    Ernie are you running the show at CVPS aswell?

pomf dis is too funny someone trusts CC and CVPS pomf pomf pomfity pomf

Thanked by 1GM2015
  • ftnftn Member
    edited February 2016

Quite unfortunate, but the truth is still my problem is ongoing. I did not get a single reply. What a miracle!

• ftn said: I was with them during whmcs hack, data loss and experience various issues

Fool me once... fool me twice.... ?