Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Running WHMCS on locally, WAMP server on windows 8 - ERR_CONNECTION_RESET
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Running WHMCS on locally, WAMP server on windows 8 - ERR_CONNECTION_RESET

I've recently tried to install a whmcs instance on my WAMP server. But it fails miserably, with "ERR_CONNECTION_RESET" from chrome.

I've installed IonCube loader and running PHP 5.5.12 with Apache 2.4.9 locally. I cannot even go to the installation page. GD and other required libraries are enabled.

Anyone got an idea about how to resolve this issue ?

• I don't have my own WHMCS license so I cannot open a ticket with them. No, I'm not going to use Nulled version (I'm using it locally, so thinking to purchase a developer license) What I'm going to do is to write few minimalist WHMCS themes.

Comments

• entrailzentrailz Member, Host Rep

Check your PHP error logs, apache access and error logs, you probably overlooked something.

• Apache_error.log last entries

AH00112: Warning: DocumentRoot [C:/wamp/www/nit] does not exist AH00112: Warning: DocumentRoot [C:/wamp/www/nit] does not exist [Tue Feb 02 00:42:45.571533 2016] [mpm_winnt:notice] [pid 4420:tid 540] AH00354: Child: Starting 64 worker threads.

php_error.log last entries

[30-Jan-2016 08:19:50 Europe/Paris] PHP Stack trace: [30-Jan-2016 08:19:50 Europe/Paris] PHP 1. {main}() Command line code:0 [30-Jan-2016 08:19:50 Europe/Paris] PHP 2. file_get_contents() Command line code:1

access.log last entries

127.0.0.1 - - [27/Dec/2015:03:32:15 +0530] "GET /wp-content/themes/_hive/js/skip-link-focus-fix.js?ver=20130115 HTTP/1.1" 200 903 127.0.0.1 - - [27/Dec/2015:03:32:15 +0530] "GET /wp-includes/images/smilies/simple-smile.png HTTP/1.1" 200 1008 127.0.0.1 - - [27/Dec/2015:03:32:12 +0530] "POST /wp-cron.php?doing_wp_cron=1451167332.6885590553283691406250 HTTP/1.0" 200 -

Nothing related to WHMCS directory. [c:/wamp/www/whmcs/]

• oneilonlineoneilonline Member, Host Rep

I've seen that error what the server can't verify the license.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Running WHMCS on locally

Waiting for offers.

• oneilonline said: I've seen that error what the server can't verify the license.

There's no current license to verify. But before verifying the license, install should be running on the server. Nothing gets out from it.

raindog308 said: Waiting for offers.

Unlimited Space/Bandwidth/RAM VPS ? ;) Actually I'm a front end designer not a server guy. So no offers from me

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • Additional information:

I'm running on a i5-4200u @ 64bit with 4GB RAM. Windows 8

WAMP server 2.5 version (64bit)

So if you put a phpinfo page on your WAMP, does it load correctly?

In other words, is your WAMP broken or is this problem only manifesting when you try to run WHMCS locally?

BTW: https://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?4885-install-whmcs-on-localhost

The "Matt" referred to is the WHMCS owner, I think.

They really should give out a version for WHMCS licensed to only run on localhost...no risk to them, can't be used for anything more than dev.

• raindog308 said: So if you put a phpinfo page on your WAMP, does it load correctly?

In other words, is your WAMP broken or is this problem only manifesting when you try to run WHMCS locally?

Yes. Other development sites on WAMP runs perfectly fine. I've hosted the same downloaded WHMCS files on a CentOS 6 Box on VirtualBox and was able to run installation process. (Stuck at license because I haven't purchased it yet)

raindog308 said: BTW: https://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?4885-install-whmcs-on-localhost

The "Matt" referred to is the WHMCS owner, I think.

They really should give out a version for WHMCS licensed to only run on localhost...no risk to them, can't be used for anything more than dev.

Will try to contact their support. But I think they've a separate licenses for development only. Thank you for your support.

• Have you have enabled error reporting and logging?
    I usually use htaccess to dump error on the screen

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited February 2016

raindog308 said: They really should give out a version for WHMCS licensed to only run on localhost...no risk to them, can't be used for anything more than dev.

Someone will inevitably try to abuse it - can run a reverse proxy pointing to localhost.

WHMCS does give out free dev licenses, if you already have a paid license.

• noaman said: Have you have enabled error reporting and logging? I usually use htaccess to dump error on the screen

Yes. I've also enabled htaccess error log function. Strangely there's no error.

rds100 said: Someone will inevitably try to abuse it - can run a reverse proxy pointing to localhost.

WHMCS does give out free dev licenses, if you already have a paid license.

Yes. They issue one free license for each license. But I currently do not have a license because I've no need of running a WHMCS installation publicly. :\

• @sdglhm said:
    Unlimited Space/Bandwidth/RAM VPS ? ;) Actually I'm a front end designer not a server guy. So no offers from me
    @sdglhm said:

Does this mean we'll get a new WHMCS template soon?

rds100 said: Someone will inevitably try to abuse it - can run a reverse proxy pointing to localhost.

You're right.

OP, you might need to get creative if you want to avoid the $15/mo WHMCS license fee. I'd be willing to bet there are some LET hosts that don't use their dev license...maybe you could make a deal with one in which you get a low-power VPS and a WHMCS install, and in return you give them a free template?

• luissousa said: Does this mean we'll get a new WHMCS template soon?

Yes. Most probably free ones ;) I'm working to sharpen my skills.

raindog308 said: You're right.

OP, you might need to get creative if you want to avoid the $15/mo WHMCS license fee. I'd be willing to bet there are some LET hosts that don't use their dev license...maybe you could make a deal with one in which you get a low-power VPS and a WHMCS install, and in return you give them a free template?

I've access to a hosted dev. But the thing is I've moved to a new house and It's bit far from the city. So latency is really high. Working with a remote hosted is a pain in the backside.

I'm prefectly fine with the license fee, only thing that bugs me is I cannot run WHMCS on my laptop. However, I'm planning to dual boot with Fedora or Hanthana and installing it on the linux distro. Hopefully it will resolve this issue.

Big thanks to everyone who've helped me and I really appreciate your time.

• I am Having ERR_CONNECTION_RESET problem in my Pc.

• kinjo said: I am Having ERR_CONNECTION_RESET problem in my Pc.

Nice necro........

• I found my fix

http://www.deskdecode.com/err_connection_reset/

everything is working now

• fawadgetfulfawadgetful Member
    edited May 2018

WE HAVE fix some issues related to user

• vovlervovler Member
    edited May 2018

@fawadgetful said:
    WE HAVE fix some issues related to user

Ba.. Ba... Banned

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • jetchiragjetchirag Member
    edited May 2018

=== Anyone wanting to make reply to OP, read timestamp before ===

• edited May 2018

Update from OP himself:

I tried getting it to work on Win8/Wamp for a bit and gave up and moved to a local Ubuntu VM which worked without an issue. VirtualBox + Shared folder + Port forward worked for me.

Regarding the template, I did about two to learn and one was purchased by a web host and they wanted the complete rights to the template. And got so busy with work and haven't had time to do something FOSS-related.

@raindog308 Can you please close the thread and set it to sink.

This discussion has been closed.