Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

To Globalfrag: Please release my HDDs!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

To Globalfrag: Please release my HDDs!

Background: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/74381/wanna-waste-your-time-2-deal-with-tinytunnel-tom

I shipped 4 HDDs to Globalfrag, but they always say "Tom owes us money, we are not going to release any hardware out of our DC."

I proved to Kazah that I am the really owner of these HDDs.

Then I got the reply:

I’m sorry, but we are not legally able to do that. The items to our view currently belongs to Tom and we can’t release any hardware until he pays what he owes.

We already have taken action on his account and if he doesn’t pay out by March 1st 2016. We can help release the HDD for you.

I understand that Globalfrag is Tom's victim too, but so am I. I did nothing wrong. To start my business I already ruined my whole December and January, why I have to ruin my WHOLE February? Why should I still stuck my HDDs for an extra month? Just because I filled Tom as the receiver when shipping?

I've dumped too many people who are interested in my services. Whenever I want to do anything ASAP, always got stuck. Now I feel that I am the Trumen, everyone is tricking on me.

To Globalfrag: I really hope you can release my HDDs soon.

Comments

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

AFAIK, if you have proof they are yours, they can't keep them

• @TinyTunnel_Tom

Sort out this mess.

• Is tom even the legal age to enter into a legal contract with them?

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited February 2016

Did YOU sent them the HDDs or did you sent them to Tom and he sent them to the datacenter? If the first is the case (as I understood by your post), then, they have no right to keep them because Tom owes them money.
    It is unethical and they are trying to blackmail Tom to push him pay them, by using you.

• Low End Support Desk is proud to serve you today.

Today is 1/31/2016 at 9:05 PM EST

The complaint is: GlobalFrag wants money from @TinyTunnel_Tom who refuses to pay, and op sent hard drives but they technically belong to tom in the dc's eyes

This is the: 4th complaint thread

The moderators are: annoyed

This has been your daily dose of tl;dr drama

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

To the OP:

Do you have the serials of the drives you sent in or did you do like Amazon/Newegg -> DC? If you have the serials and are serious about this you can contact the Sheriff and they may be able to help you.

Best of luck to Tom in getting out of this crap.

Francisco

• The way Kazah acts, it wouldn't surprise me if it was him screwing around (basing this off the NexMark cry baby thread).

Although Tom has had a stint of complaints here.. So who knows what the hell is going on.

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

I'd love to know how children are getting credit and customers with these companies!

• Wow, GlobalFrag is really fucking up here. @jarland can we have globalfrag (dc / resellers) offers permanently banned from LET.

It is clear that they as a datacenter are clearly acting unprofressionally, and it would protect the community from any further wrong doing that they are bound to create.

• agoldenberg said: I'd love to know how children are getting credit and customers with these companies!

Same here man, and this is getting a bit ridiculous.

• LOL isn't is also funny how childish this whole situation is? I mean seriously it is like middle school drama. "GIVE ME BACK MY LUNCH BOX, IT IS MINE!!!" ... "NOT UNTIL YOU TELL HIM TO GIVE ME BACK MY LUNCH!!!"

This shit is great, wonder what is going to happen tomorrow. We will find out the GlobalFrag has "Misplaced the hard drives?" or "We never received these".

On that bombshell!

The better question @AuroraZ is how did a child get enough money to start his own datacenter.

• How can you call yourself a provider, have no public website that I've seen and do all your deals via PM

• @Mun That also is a good question. Seems like GF attracts this kind of client. With all of them skipping and not paying I am wondering how long before they are gone as well.

• @doughmanes said:
    How can you call yourself a provider, have no public website that I've seen and do all your deals via PM

I said "To start", which means I am still stuck.

• @doughmanes said:
    How can you call yourself a provider, have no public website that I've seen and do all your deals via PM

Who? OP ?

• Tom, the "PM me" guy

• @ATHK said:

TinyTim?

• @hostnoob said:
    Is tom even the legal age to enter into a legal contract with them?

He is 16, I don't know mucu about USA and UK laws...

@Francisco said:
    did you do like Amazon/Newegg -> DC?

Amazon -> DC.

@agoldenberg said:
    I'd love to know how children are getting credit and customers with these companies!

Well, Tom is much younger than me...

@Mun said:
    This shit is great, wonder what is going to happen tomorrow. We will find out the GlobalFrag has "Misplaced the hard drives?" or "We never received these".

Lol they says they received, but will not release until Tom pays them or until Mar.1

• @doughmanes said:
    Tom, the "PM me" guy

rackspectrum.com, I'd like to call this just a "parking site form" for... lying?

Client area no SSL as well.

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • Francisco said: If you have the serials and are serious about this you can contact the Sheriff and they may be able to help you.

I believe OP is overseas and for state-to-state over the Internet complaints, I believe its procedure for "contact your police first so they have a report to talk to other jurisdiction"

• More than likely on march 1st, all items that are within the DC will become under ownership of GlobalFrag, in which then they will more than likely try and sell the drives back.

Just sayin..

• XIAOSpider97 said: Amazon -> DC.

Pay them $15 to re-pack the HDD's for Amazon and ready for pickup, then use the Amazon return option with UPS Pickup.

Send them the PDF's to attach to the box.

If they do not, and you have a courier come to pickup the HDD's, then give them shit.

If you shipped yourself Amazon -> DC, they aren't the kid's property, but yours.

• @doughmanes said:
    I believe OP is overseas

Yes, this is hard.

@AutoSnipe said:
    More than likely on march 1st, all items that are within the DC will become under ownership of GlobalFrag, in which then they will more than likely try and sell the drives back.

Just sayin..

Well, possibly. And I am hard to play a Sheriff game.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited February 2016

Mun said: can we have globalfrag (dc / resellers) offers permanently banned from LET

I don't know the whole story there. If Tom gave them the drives then as far as they're concerned the drives are Tom's, IMO. That's not an unreasonable position, especially when I don't know the quality of "proof" provided anyway.

Tom, however, is the one I'm not looking at favorably right now.

• GCatGCat Member
    edited February 2016

_Beep boop _

Time for another summary!

We have learned Tom is 16, and doesn't care for law. OP is still mad he got ripped off, and next time shouldn't trust a kid. Recommendations by @Francisco say just call the sherif and prove ownership to get them back.

This has been another TL;DR drama alert

• I'm actually right, But.. in no way do you have to wait until the 1st of march, if his bills weren't paid in december..

Please note that Global Frag Networks, reserves the right to take ownership of colocated equipment should the account be more than 30 days past due on any payments.

Thanked by 2netomx ATHK
  • doughmanesdoughmanes Member
    edited February 2016

I've always said if Tom is indeed 16, I'm sure his parents might not know what he's up to on the Internet..... some jurisdictions, parents might have some liability.

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2016

My question why didn't you wait till the machine was released and in place at the other provider before ordering the drives?

I not trying to be a dick in anyway. Some common sense goes a long way.

• Sending Kazah this may work, on a side note.. Messaged Tom on Skype.. no answer. :-(

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

XIAOSpider97 said: Amazon -> DC.

Maybe ask Amazon if they have a list of serial numbers?