Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Needing clustered filesystem solution or similar
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Needing clustered filesystem solution or similar

Hello,

I'm looking for a clustered filesystem solution or anything similar. I got several servers across the world running different services and nginx. The configuration of the services itself is managed by using variables based on the servers hostname. Now I just need something that pushes e.g. file changes to these servers. I've heard about things like Ceph and gluster, but I'm not sure if I really need such huge solutions.

Got any suggestions for simple clustering filesystems or simply services pushing changes across servers when something is changed?

Comments

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

@IceCream said:
    Got any suggestions for simple clustering filesystems or simply services pushing changes across servers when something is changed?

take a look at lsyncd

• infinit.sh looked nice but other than having a quick play (couldn't get the drive client to behave which as a shame as I was trying to use it as a cloud drive for my laptop) I haven't used it.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited January 2016

If your point of applying changes is centralized (e.g. you develop the website on your computer, and then need to push it to all the servers), then the simplest rsync will also work.