Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cPanel and the new PHP-FPM support
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cPanel and the new PHP-FPM support

doughmanesdoughmanes Member
edited January 2016 in General

Anybody tested out the new PHP-FPM support in cPanel?

Poking around while logged in and clicking commands, it seems faster.

Comments

• Suspend and unsuspend email accounts
    In cPanel & WHM version 54, cPanel account owners and WHM users can suspend and unsuspend email accounts. Suspension prevents logins and access to a mail account, and it rejects any incoming mail to the account. Before, if a user was compromised or sent spam, a system administrator or reseller could only suspend an entire cPanel account.
    Management of email suspension is available in cPanel's Email Accounts interface (Home >> Email >> Email Accounts).

I like the sound of this feature, but I would prefer the ability to suspend the web services of an account while leaving email functioning. Now I just do some .htaccess trickery the users can easily bypass, if they know enough.

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • Login to a domain and check out the changes to the UI

• doughmanes said: Login to a domain and check out the changes to the UI

I use Retro and looks the same as x3 for the most part, never had any liking of paper lantern, looks too cartoonish to me, and I loved the 90's, but not with my PC

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

I hate paper lantern. Waaaaaaay too much wasted space. x3 is ugly as sin, but at least I don't have to scroll constantly.

• @raindog308 said:
    I hate paper lantern. Waaaaaaay too much wasted space. x3 is ugly as sin, but at least I don't have to scroll constantly.

+1

That being said, I'm so used to x3 now that I have no idea where everything is on paper lantern.

• ALinuxNinja said: That being said, I'm so used to x3 now that I have no idea where everything is on paper lantern.

I've had shared clients cancel over the change from x to x3 :(

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • Luckily most of mine don't login to their client area. Site's up, they're happy.

Thanked by 1Kris
  • raindog308 said: I hate paper lantern. Waaaaaaay too much wasted space. x3 is ugly as sin, but at least I don't have to scroll constantly.

At least in my experience, PL is easier to poke and prod... once you find the right place to put files.

• I hated PL in the beginning, and it was pretty horrible when it first came, but now I have revised my opinion about it. It's quite nice.

As for cPanel and PHP-FPM: I didn't read the link posted in this topic, but when it was first introduced into cPanel I remember you'd have to manually edit configuration files for every user, etc. That's no good, is it?

I don't have a problem with manually editing files, I do that every day. But for a product which advertises itself as a control panel it should be just "point and click" type of operation ;)

However, perhaps they have managed to make the integration seamless now. Does anyone know?

• k0nsl said: However, perhaps they have managed to make the integration seamless now. Does anyone know?

Yes, you only need to go to Home »Service Configuration »Service Manager and enable PHP-FPM service for cPanel Daemons probably also tick monitor and submit, done.

Thanked by 1k0nsl
  • @Rallias said:
    At least in my experience, PL is easier to poke and prod... once you find the right place to put files.

There's also a heap of extra free themes, there is an X3-inspired one also.

I just use WHM directly. I can't remember the last time I loaded into a domain cPanel.

• k0nslk0nsl Member
    edited February 2016

That's great, saves a lot of time. I will give it a test now.

[EDIT]

So, this is no longer relevant?

https://documentation.cpanel.net/display/CKB/Configure+PHP-FPM+with+User+Pools+for+EasyApache+4

@miTgiB said:
    Yes, you only need to go to Home »Service Configuration »Service Manager and enable PHP-FPM service for cPanel Daemons probably also tick monitor and submit, done.

• k0nsl said: So, this is no longer relevant?

It probably is relevant if you use EasyApache 4, but with CloudLinux and php selector, EA4 is not an option for me

• The suspending individual email accounts is a great feature, we've been waiting for something like this for a while now. Avoids having to suspend a whole account when only one user is being an idiot, or has had their email compromised

• Gotcha. Yes, I'm using CL as well...though, patiently awaiting support for EA4 which is supposed to be ready any day now ;)

@miTgiB said:
    It probably is relevant if you use EasyApache 4, but with CloudLinux and php selector, EA4 is not an option for me