Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My experience with NexHost's support
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

My experience with NexHost's support

brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

I have a DollarVZ from NexHost. To be honest, I don't expect much from those small NAT VPS boxes. But one of the essential features that even a NAT VPS for 1,35 $/y should have is a correct system time.

Mine doesn't.

The first time this happened I (and some other customers) opened a thread in their forums. It took some time but they finally managed to set up a NTP VPS which updates the clock for all containers.

Some months later.... The system clock is wrong again. Since their forums are down for some weeks I opened a ticket asking them to check if the NTP VPS is still doing his job.
They replied that it does. The host system had correct system time, the NTP VPS had correct system time only the other containers had different time. Sounds strange, since they use OpenVZ for virtualization. "how ever we are unable to provide any assistance with this".

Well, who should provide assistance if not them? I asked them to check if the host system's time matches the time on another system, for example their client.

Instead I got this: "Once we find a solution we will mass update it across every VPS. There is nothing more we can do at this specific moment. You was told this before."

I reopened the ticket, trying to explain again that all they have to do is update the system clock.

Guess what happened?

without any message.

Seems like they're indeed "unable to provide any assistance with this". I'll keep you updated.

Thanked by 1rpollestad

Comments

• dailydaily Member
    edited January 2016

You're lucky your plan didn't just get terminated with no warning..

Here goes anything though.. he at least deserves to defend himself, I guess.

@NexHost

You should probably screencap the ticket though, because nobody will just go off words.

• I reported the same issue. Was told I was abusing the support system by inquiring about it. The clock is currently ~6 hours off in Seattle.

Fri Jan 29 05:34:26 PST 2016

• Such troll, much wow.

Thanked by 1GM2015
  • @rpollestad said:
    I reported the same issue. Was told I was abusing the support system by inquiring about it. The clock is currently ~6 hours off in Seattle.

Fri Jan 29 05:34:26 PST 2016

Post pictures?

• @brueggus said:
    I have a DollarVZ from NexHost. To be honest, I don't expect much from those small NAT VPS boxes. But one of the essential features that even a NAT VPS for 1,35 $/y should have is a correct system time.

Mine doesn't.

The first time this happened I (and some other customers) opened a thread in their forums. It took some time but they finally managed to set up a NTP VPS which updates the clock for all containers.

He said he will mass update it and for 1.35$/year you guys must be joking. Seriously guys if it were LES 64Mb box you guys would been. I just don't wanna say it.

Have a great day

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited January 2016

Frecyboy said:

Such troll, much wow.

Thank you for that constructive statement!

I feel that is not asking too much to have a proper system time, even for a extremely cheap VPS.

There are different ways a provider can deal with such a request:

• They could fix that. To my mind that's no big deal and I (and all other customers on the server) would be happy.

• They could argue that they won't spend that effort on a customer who doesn't even pay two bucks per year. I wouldn't be happy then, but would understand their point.

• They could put the ticket on hold, give a short notice and have a look at that later. That's perfectly fine, since one cannot expect immediate solutions at that annual price.

However they claimed that they cannot do anything about that at the moment and closed the ticket which makes no sense to me.

To my mind a provider shouldn't take its customers for a fool, regardless of whether they pay 135$, 13.50$ or 1.35$ per year.

dailymc said:

You're lucky your plan didn't just get terminated with no warning..

Maybe it will, I don't know.

Here's the full ticket text: http://abload.de/image.php?img=out0iax8s.png

However, this is my personal experience with them. Other customers might have a different opinion.

• RizRiz Member

I'm not suprised..

• brueggus said: should have is a correct system time.

brueggus said: Some months later.... The system clock is wrong again

• RizRiz Member

Thanked by 2ehab grillmaster
  • brueggus said: even a NAT VPS for 1,35 $/y

Case closed.

Thanked by 2netomx Ympker
  • ManofServerManofServer Member
    edited January 2016

Thats like ~10 cents per month lol.

Seems offering such a box is not worthwhile even as a marketing asset, as users dont get it.

Thanked by 1NexHost
  • NexHostNexHost Member
    edited January 2016

Hi,

Thanks for purchasing a $1.35 year NAT VPS:)

And then moaning on a Public Forum you know where the door is.

You agree on Purchase that there is no Support.

Thanked by 1ManofServer
  • @NexHost said:
    Hi,

Thanks for purchasing a $1.35 year NAT VPS:)

And then moaning on a Public Forum you know where the door is.

if you don't want these clients, why even offer services?

Thanked by 1switsys
  • NexHostNexHost Member
    edited January 2016

dailymc said: @rpollestad said: I reported the same issue. Was told I was abusing the support system by inquiring about it. The clock is currently ~6 hours off in Seattle.

You are you agreed to no Support when Purchasing. these are cheap yearly products that we get 10-30 tickets a day per average asking similar questions. The issue you are both describing is a issue that is fixed for everyone once it's fixed. There is no need to keep hassling our support about it on a $1.35 to $4 year VPS Product.

@Jonchun said:
    if you don't want these clients, why even offer services?

Never said we don't but people tarnishing our reputation some more for $1.35 no thanks. client has been told to leave. When you order it clearly states there is no Support. we have a lot of tickets and other stuff to deal with. Not Providing support on a $1.35 year VPS.

I'm out of this Thread.

Thanked by 2MikeA tomsfarm
  • @NexHost said:
    people tarnishing our reputation some more for $1.35 no thanks.

You realize you can only tarnish a reputation if it hasn't been destroyed in the first place right?

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited January 2016

@Jonchun said:

I'm out of this Thread.

It's ridiculous and pointless

Thanked by 1tomsfarm
  • @NexHost said:
    out of this said

You said that in your previous post lol

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider
    edited January 2016

@NexHost said:
    I'm out of this Thread.

Just fix the time. You could have done it instead of writing your reply above. Wouldn't have taken you more than 5 minutes.

Thanked by 3ATHK hostnoob switsys
  • To be fair with the OP, the OP said the forums were not working which is still correct @NexHost

An exception occurred: The Mysqli extension is required for this adapter but the extension is not loaded in /home/nexhost/public_html/forums/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php on line 291

You might want to look at fixing that hey?

• ATHKATHK Member
    edited January 2016

Honestly just bail out, the "company" as a whole is a joke, Jordan is no Mark, Jordan has run the entire thing into the ground.

It's absolutely ridiculous how he treats his clients.

Thanked by 2yomero switsys
  • NexHostNexHost Member
    edited January 2016

@ATHK said:
    Honestly just bail out, the "company" as a whole is a joke, Jordan is no Mark, Jordan has run the entire thing into the ground.

It's absolutely ridiculous how he treats his clients.

What by telling them that we don't offer support on a $1.35 year VPS Product. and that we have explained to the OP on various occasions that when the Issue is fixed it's fixed for everyone. But instead he makes a thread and makes demands such as not closing the ticket until it's fixed.

And keep making such comments. you know nothing about what goes on at NexHost and the troubles we have to deal with on a daily basis due to specific providers and entire nodes being knocked out and corruption as a result. And running it into the ground it's the complete opposite.

Funniest thing also is that the service is not down. the customers who get this NAT Product get a good deal. we offer DDoS Filtering up to 40Gbps with the Seattle NAT Products and no one has moaned about stability. Just that we closed a ticket because we don't support a product we sell and customers agree to this upon purchase.

Also you do know there is 500 Yearly customers in Los Angeles and over 150 in Seattle don't see people moaning about the Performance or Uptime apart from the unreasonable few who make threads like this about $1.35 year VPS Product.

If the OP had a issue to raise such as a routing issue or wanted a domain adding to the reverse proxy we would of gladly done that for him. Here is some of another ticket as a reference.

• @NexHost said:
    the service is not down

Well mine was for months, with no notification as to why not was I told the company was sold.. On top of that I was never told that my node was being moved.. Actually my whole VPS was deleted alog with the files, I asked to cancel and you made a new on on the new node anyway...

You try to run this all so "professionally" but yet here you are posting on a forum under your companies alias whinging that you owe money to GlobalFrag and having a little bitch..

You're a complete and utter joke.

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited January 2016

ATHK said: Well mine was for months, with no notification as to why not was I told the company was sold.. On top of that I was never told that my node was being moved.. Actually my whole VPS was deleted alog with the files, I asked to cancel and you made a new on on the new node anyway...

Yes your NAT VPS was deleted by the old owner of NexHost that has nothing to do with us. And you failed to contact us. we spent a entire week 24/7 to restore the entire platform for the Seattle Customers. So say what you wish ;)

• @NexHost said:
    Yes your NAT VPS was deleted by the old owner of NexHost that has nothing to do with us. And you failed to contact us. we spent a entire week 24/7 to restore the entire platform for the Seattle Customers. So say what you wish ;)

Nice, using Mark as an escape goat.. Why should I contact you? I was a paying customer.

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited January 2016

@ATHK said:
    Nice, using Mark as an escape goat.. Why should I contact you? I was a paying customer.

It's true not using Mark as a escape goat. but I could say a lot more if I wanted too but I simply won't. You are at fault for not contacting us that the service was down. How ever it's not a lie we did not mass terminate seattle Mark did as he did not pay the bills. He even quoted that does anyone even use Seattle anymore same as Dallas.

I'm now out of this Thread outlined enough.

• @NexHost said:
    I'm now out of this Thread outlined enough.

Childish arent you.

Thanked by 1vpsGOD
  • @ATHK said:
    Childish arent you.

Unreasonable arent you with a $1-4 Year NAT Product. complaining about something that was out of someone else(s) control.

Thanked by 1switsys
  • @NexHost said:

Not really, I paid I expected the product I bought, the result was disappointing when you took over, the VPS worked fine prior.

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited January 2016

@ATHK said:
    Not really, I paid I expected the product I bought, the result was disappointing when you took over, the VPS worked fine prior.

Nope Mark Terminated it before it was taken over and you paid money to him. If you had contacted us we would of gladly restored the service for you. Same as everyone else who has contacted us have been restored. Our First response was to discontinue the NAT Products due to the state they was in but we decided not to. There is threads about this where it's already been explained.

• ATHKATHK Member
    edited January 2016

@NexHost said:

I paid money to NexHost not a single person.. It's OK run your "business" as you please, it'll fall soon enough. Especially if you keep acting like you do.